Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

no radio, no wireless charging, good camera, the only thing that really makes this phone a bargain is the high price charged for it elsewhere. and it has a decent 730 chip in it.
    i got the pixel 3a and to be honest, camera IS great, but rest of phone is just , well , dare i say it , boring.
    maybe i just havent stretched its capabilities in all directions, but i really cant justify the 179 stretch.
    But thanks its nice to know i couldve , if i really wanted.
    And my number is now lost in the vodafone ether , courtesy of the monread rd girl in shop.

gussieg wrote: »
    no radio, no wireless charging, good camera, the only thing that really makes this phone a bargain is the high price charged for it elsewhere. and it has a decent 730 chip in it.
    i got the pixel 3a and to be honest, camera IS great, but rest of phone is just , well , dare i say it , boring.
    maybe i just havent stretched its capabilities in all directions, but i really cant justify the 179 stretch.
    And my number is now lost in the vodafone ether , courtesy of the monread rd girl in shop.

You're expecting too much, the pixel 3a and 4a are not flagships, they are very decent mid range phones with very good cameras and as they are made by Google they get software updates regularly for 3 years. The 4a will not be much of an upgrade from a 3a, same camera, slightly faster, more storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Yeah troll just cancelled it....lol !

My god

Small with a good camera sells it to me. Yes it's boring but it's a very solid phone and does the basics well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.

WTF that is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

14 for 14 cancelled now - troll is happy for the weekend. On the plus side, maybe I'm improving someone else's odds :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Troll is back from lunch - mine from 12pm has been cancelled. That is 13 for 13 cancelled folks, all with confirmation email.

It might very well be that this is specific to you.

Vodafone even for prepaid is running some checks and if all your orders are canceled there might be a block on you for some reason (past Vodafone history etc.)

You could hit them with a GDPR request to see what this potentially is if you want to invest the 5 minutes to send them one.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Vodafone even for prepaid is running some checks and if all your orders are canceled there might be a block on you for some reason (past Vodafone history etc.)

You could hit them with a GDPR request to see what this potentially is if you want to invest the 5 minutes to send them one.

Doubt it. I’ve had 3 cancellations and I definitely have a perfect history with Vodafone for a lot of years

I’m wondering is there some obvious reason why it’s working for some people and not others. Like ordering on a particular browser or device or something

Definitely not history. It is either the site workflow or a troll. I'll submit a GDPR request to give them a gentle prod.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Why are orders being cancelled?

Mine will be here monday, the first thing i will be doing is flashing graphene OS onto it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys i ordered through logging into my vodafone account and selected to keep my number (existing customer)

Does that mean they will just send me out the phone without a sim?

benji79 wrote: »
    Doubt it. I’ve had 3 cancellations and I definitely have a perfect history with Vodafone for a lot of years

I’m wondering is there some obvious reason why it’s working for some people and not others. Like ordering on a particular browser or device or something

I've tried different browsers, different email address, different number, ad block turned off, 2 cards. 5 failed orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Very decent phone and very snappy to use but I'm finding the battery life quite dissapointing. Was on a site visit today and took 160photos in an hour and used 46% battery

Alkers wrote: »
    Very decent phone and very snappy to use but I'm finding the battery life quite dissapointing. Was on a site visit today and took 160photos in an hour and used 46% battery

The phone is rated to have a screen-on time of six hours which is pretty reasonable. If you just used your screen to e.g. read some articles you would expect to use 46% of the battery in about three hours. If you're taking photos for an hour instead, you're using up battery with the camera itself (by taking photos), GPS (if you have geotagging on) and the processor (as Pixels do a lot of post-processing with photos).

I wouldn't judge the battery too harshly based off of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

i have zenfone max pro m1 which although not as good a camera , has me spoiled with the big battery, and i find it just great, the pixel 3a outstrips the camera on it, but its decent otherwise. got it for 98 euro on aliexpress. since i got it it updated to android 10, also has a snapdragon in it.

it's a nice phone with a very good camera (once you don't need zoom or wide angle) but the battery life is definitely underwhelming, as was the case with the 3a.

pity they didn't put a bigger battery in the 4a really.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

glasso wrote: »
    it's a nice phone with a very good camera (once you don't need zoom or wide angle) but the battery life is definitely underwhelming, as was the case with the 3a.

pity they didn't put a bigger battery in the 4a really.

The Battery was the main reason I wanted to upgrade from the 4a. Cameras are near enough the same afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

My order has disappeared off an post tracking now, it was in the sorting office last night... Hopefully not a bad sign

griffdaddy wrote: »
    My order has disappeared off an post tracking now, it was in the sorting office last night... Hopefully not a bad sign

Looks like the web tracker of AnPost has a problem today.

I have this with all my AnPost items, they show as "no information" or "searched timed out".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

That's a relief! Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

14 for 14 cancelled now - troll is happy for the weekend. On the plus side, maybe I'm improving someone else's odds :-)

Are you waiting on 2.5k in refunds so? Fecking hell

Holds on cards expire.
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Are you waiting on 2.5k in refunds so? Fecking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Anyone's order get stuck at "Submitted"..? Further down it says "order en route" and shows a 10 digit tracking number that is not (yet?) active.. been like this about 24 hrs now

clancger wrote: »
    Anyone's order get stuck at "Submitted"..? Further down it says "order en route" and shows a 10 digit tracking number that is not (yet?) active.. been like this about 24 hrs now

You order is on the way with AnPost.

AnPost has problems with the web tracking at the moment, so once that is sorted you will see updates when you copy/paste the tracking number into track.anpost.ie .

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

clancger wrote: »

My order went to en route last night, I checked the tracking and it worked but it is down this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hampton

How did you manage to do it with an existing number? Any time I try to use my VF number and account the discount disappears.
    It works, I got a phone this morning without a new SIM card

I’ve tried 5 times.

Used different options- keeping my Vodafone number, picking new number. Tried setting up as a brand new customer using new email address. Tried two separate cards-one credit , one debit.
    Tried from a phone, off a laptop, on an iPad.
    Used different browsers

All cancellations

Been with Vodafone since 2002 with no issues, etc.

Would love to know what’s the issue, if everyone was cancelled it would be one thing but some people having no issues. Just wondering am I doing some small thing wrong or what. It’s annoying me at this stage now

• Registered Users Posts: 14 StudentforLife

I ordered on Tuesday and got an order number but then no email, contacted on chat and my order was cancelled due to a technical issue!
    Re-ordered Wednesday morning, got an email then a dispatch email. Tracking didn't work in AnPost, it never does, then I got an email from AnPost to say would be delivered Thursday.
    Arrived Thursday.
    I am not a Vodafone customer and had signed up to a sim only plan but the phone arrived with no SIM just a leaflet about setting up a new SIM.
    Thanks very much for posting this and the discount code. I wanted a smaller phone but as nothing wrong with my existing phone couldn't really justify spending nearly €400.

I’m thinking there has to be something in common with people that are getting the orders successfully.
    Like same bank or card, etc.
    There must be some type of glitch on the site that’s allowing something but not others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Google browser
    Ebs card
    Kept same number (galaxy buds offer, when I transferred from 48)
    Used the code
    2nd attempt it went through

Thursday I got onto their CS on Twitter and they cancelled it, the phone was gone from the site I asked would it be back in stock, was told they didn't have that information just too keep an eye on the site and if I place the order again it will go through.

Advertisement