Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yea seemingly he was missing me or so I’d like to think 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sofa, chilled, watching TV with my OH.

Very busy at work today - first day of the new semester so all systems go... 🦸🏻‍♂️💥💥

Can you believe Bowie is gone six years already? 😭 Will post up a few Bowie classics shortly on the music thread here on AH. 😎👍👍💕🔥🔥🎸🎸

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I effing fell around three hours ago. I keep myself as stable as i possibly can due to my pain problems so haven't fallen in years. Feeling it badly now despite it being a pretty standard fall over scenario.. Mad at myself grr etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hugs to you Grem, it's still a bit of a shock when you fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,371 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I never really got why people binged on boxsets etc, but I've been watching a miniseries from Sweden called the hunt for a killer. In subtitles but gripping. Based on a true story. On BBC iplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It may be a school night, but me and Mrs G headed out shopping this evening and I picked up a nice pair of Wrangler combats for the Summer hikes/work ahead. Hopefully! As both her and Ms G were fed, we sneaked in for a few pints in a Pub.😲 I brought home some sauteed mushrooms and chips to go with the rib eye steak I got earlier. It was all very bold, but also very enjoyable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deadly sounding day. Always on the look out for combats, they nice?. I'm having bacon and cabbage with loads of parsley sauce, a meal i wouldn't touch when i was a kid. 🤣

My hip and and knee are fooked on my left side after years of a camera on my right shoulder but standing incorrectly. No health and safety bollox back in the day. Heat pads and hot water bottles by night and new gear to stem the inevitable replacements that may come. 50 now and feeling it to some degree. Woo Hoo!

I hear that, bad farm practices have me joints making unearthly sounds and the pains? Only good for glue i am!!

A decent day after an early Monday mood fest. Mrs G pulled me out of it. The combats are great. Half price. Knocked from 80 to 40! Bacon and cabbage is the food of the gods!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mmm, parsley sauce with bacon is my favourite!

Glad i'm not alone in the lovefest for the good ould traditional dinner 😉

Your're Not. Great grub. I'm watching Angels with dirty faces. A Cagney classic from 1938. Maybe bed soon. Loving life at the mo!

Enjoy it G, hope ye are all happy and healthy 😊 Last thing i watched was a documentary called The Pharmacist, scary stuff regarding opioid addiction etc

Argh all stiff, tried to keep stretching during night but like a board all the same.. Home to tae and hot water bottle for me..

Hide and seek 😂😂😂

Peek a boo! My favourite game!.

Now there is a weird example of how my brain stores memories. When I think of the news that he had died it feels like it was only months ago. Relatively it feels like it only just happened.

But a few people like Glen Hansard released tribute songs on You Tube and so on after he died. And even had a bowie tribute night in Wheleans.

When I think of the memories of listening to those songs and going to those gigs it feels like nearly 10 years ago or more.

How I can have two memories of essentially the same event stored in completely different temporal locations in my brain is weird! But wow 6 years. That hit me like a hammer. Thanks for the reality hit! Covid has messed up my sense of time of a lot of things.

''Thank you David, for being a signpost for our growth and boldness, you gave us the courage to become..'' - Glen Hansard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, work office, very busy before taking my lunch.

This time of year with the new semester classes starting up is always pretty hectic - but I always expect that!

In other news, our old car that we were planning to sell to my OH's brother for a modest sum (he planned to give it a fix-up and drive it himself) was stolen from the car park of our apartment complex last night. There had been stickers placed on its windscreen the past few months it was parked there offering cash for scrap/spare parts and my OH's brother was pretty slow to collect it himself - but it's gone now... 😥😒😡😡

Tyres were flat and the battery was flat also so they must have used a truck to tow it away. OH notified the local Gardai this morning but they told us there's been a spate of undriven cars being lifted over the past few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

All good things come to an end, sitting in seat 90B on a B777-300, 365 people sitting downstairs but only 2 of us sitting in the roof.

mutt wasn’t impressed, talk about dirty looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@[Deleted User] I know precisely what you mean about time and Covid. In my mind, it's January 2021.

2020 seems like the year just gone.

I can name a few things that happened in 2020 but I have hardly any memories from 2021.

I think it's because 2020, the restrictions were novel to us then in 2021, we were so fed up of them.

I genuinely struggle to think of anything significant from last year, it's like a blur.

@smurfjed happy travels, albeit work. What I wouldn't actually give to get on a plane today.

@JupiterKid is there cctv in the carpark? I assume it wasn't insured if not been used 😔

To thine own self be true

I'm only 43ish wtf is wrong with me, simple fall yesterday and I'm nearly walking in circles today. Pints fcuk it.. Rant over..

This was before he saw the suitcases getting closed :):)

One of the things around his neck is an apple air tag, so we can have an idea of where he has gone if he decides to leave home. It’s a cheap and easy tracking device.

Stupid question..but would he have to be within WiFi range to be 'picked up?

They actually work on Bluetooth and have the ability to be seen by any apple phone, so the idea is that with so many iPhones out there, someone is bound to be close enough to your device. It’s not real time tracking, but it will give you an indication of where the device is located.

The downside is that these are also being used to track cars intended for theft or people. Very easy to drop one into someone’s pocket and follow them home without them knowing.

Would the phone need to have Bluetooth on to pick it up?

I never have mine turned on but I guess in a highly populated area, there's bound to be people who have it turned on.

I take offence at that description of Apple iPhone users 😛😄 I need Bluetooth turned on for my music 😉👍

Couchside praying to the lotto gods 🙌🙌

You would need Bluetooth on your own phone.

• Advertisement

I want out of the place! It must be reverse engineering! Grow up in a cool place, move to a backwater. Grow up in a backwater, move to a cool place.☺️ I lived in Spain for a few years. Canary Islands. More advanced that many think except for crap broadband and postal service. Great. I got a taste of London at the start of 2020. Great start. Absolutely brilliant. Covid killed the dream. My next move will involve all three of us if possible. I still have itchy feet even at my age! I do not see the appeal of Ireland anymore.

Advertisement