Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Probably should have taken today off as some holiday or other.

Work-side with a bit of a hangover. Not much of a drinker these days so when I drink it affects me more.

Still good busy night. Had a belated Christmas "lock in" party in a friends restaurant which he reserved only for us. Not sure how much loss of earnings closing a restaurant to the public for a night entails in current pandemic climate but it was appreciated and the whip around came to a nice sum of money so I hope he did alright out of it.

Spent ages in his kitchens with him making the food for everyone. Man I love cooking as I have mentioned so often on boards. My kitchen at home is well kitted out by average standards. But working in a real restaurant kitchen for a few hours really makes me pine for a career change. Is 43 too late to change from IT/Medical/Science/Statistics into Chefing? :)

I am a disco ball 😂😂😂🙌🙌

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting at the bank, waiting for my OH who collected me from work earlier to finish opening a new account.

Of course, feck all bank tellers or anyone for that matter in this automated branch to help him properly. Customer service and the personal touch in banking, retail and services has completely gone to the dogs in the past decade....

@Purple - the very limited CCTV in the car park unfortunately didn't cover the spot where the car was parked - I plan to raise this issue at the next Management Company/Residents Committee meeting. I did tell the Chairperson of the committee what had happened and she is texting the other residents to see if they saw anything.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Thanks for that insight thomil. Understandable. But despite my qualifications from secondary through third level and actual experience on the job for many years, for me, the place stinks. I stuck around after my leaving cert while many of my friends emigrated. I stuck around after college while many of my class mates emigrated. I left at 40 years of age after the crash. I came back as I was promised a new Ireland that embraced ambition. My bank said they backed "brave". (they still do) That same bank told me recently that I have to demonstrate my ability to recover work opportunities after lockdowns before they'll consider me for a loan to upgrade my car. I grew up in this country when it hadn't a pot to piss in. I got educated here. I stayed here and started a business. I believed in it. But now I feel very let down by it. The harder I work, the more it costs. Absolutely no disrespect to you thomil, but I hate the fooking place and cannot wait for another chance to get out.

• Advertisement

My life now ❤️❤️❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@autosport, that is just so true, it made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Coffee time, have a couple of boxes of monkey Pooh coffee, not as convenient as my Nespresso but quite nice.

Coalface is beginning to annoy the hell out of me 🤬🤬🤬🤬

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Making lasagne if a portion would help cheer you Auto

• Advertisement

Thanks Grem 👍 a shotgun would be better 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Here is a dumb question for you.

I recently started using a Nespresso that a friend was getting rid of.

I am not a big coffee person so I'm still trying to decide if I like the coffee or not.

My question in..how when you put the pod straight in, the coffee is ready to pour? Like, when I'm making a cup of tea I've to wait for the kettle to boil.

It just doesn't make sense 🤷‍♀️

To thine own self be true

But @thomil how long would it take to drinkable 😂😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Adventures you said. Same tune for me. Although I did do some adventurous Skyrim gaming. 😃🌄

@thomil You are a big need! But I'm impressed. Fair play for your love of knowledge. However, how come there's no steam from the machine!?

I am still unsatisfied in my curiosity ☺

A chapter of thomil's encyclopedia! Cheers, mate. Interesting explanation.

For me, a hot beverage has to be scalding hot. Maybe that's why I'm not warming (pun intended) to these coffees.

No steam = no deal.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, work office, preparing for my final lecture of my first week back teaching for the new semester.

Meeting two good friends for an evening of DJ-ing and 90s dance music tomorrow evening. We may all be in our mid 40s now, but still young at heart! 🥰😜😎🕺🕺🕺🎸🎸🎚🎛🎶🎶📀📀🎧

Another of my creative writing short stories has been published. Yaay! 👍👍😊

We are also nearly half way through January.... 🌈

Post edited by JupiterKid on

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Afternoon all

Couchside

Hope everyone is well

Have a small problem with my phone which is a xperia L1. The status bar on my phone keeps disappearing (only on the home screen)

Any suggestions how to fix it?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Thanks for that

Can't seem to find 'google now' though

It's beer O'Clock after a week of some work in Dublin. I took the train to stop the pain. Jumped in the car at the station and brought home a pizza, a quater pounder, chips and szechuan beef and a bottle of 120 for Mrs G. Crew are fed. I stocked up on beers before christmas.😁

Despite the best attempts by some people to be nasty, bad tempered and rude, I keep on smiling at them. Lots of them around. Fook em. Cheers folks! Disco light and tunes are incoming.😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hmm. Should maybe have brought gloves

🏳🏳 Peace for the weekend, @thomil @Autosport The only shotgun we'll have is when we go on our road trip for the weekend and one of you bags the front seat 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Lotto done.

24 hrs daydreaming about what life could be like.

Quiet night here, somebody win the euromillions??

• Advertisement

I feel like I did Grem!

Working tonight for what should be my last ordinary working night shift forever 😁😁😁.

But of a shake up in work, when I was overseas I didn't work nights for nearly 2 years and it was Damn hard coming back to them, so I am delighted. They're bad for you Grem!

Advertisement