Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How did you swing that?. Delighted for ya!! I'm still happy with nights tbh.

Was offered to a few and I jumped at it, wages will probably drop a little, less night duty, but I don't mind.

nights are grand, until you stop for a while, feels so much better😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A lovely winter's day here again, got our early morning walk in at 7 all be it with a lot of fog, home and a lovely salmon and scrammeled egg breakfast, a couple of hours at the home office had to be done then back to bed for a lovely two hour nap (OH didn't bother with nap today), up then and a lovely evening since, nice fillet steak dinner and a couple of glasses of red, great evening of reading our books and watching a bit of tv plus two calls from extended family, all good

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm just an oddity wrapped in an enigma, there's a few of us nightcrawlers around 😉

Hope the transition is a smooth one, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil, excellent explanation about Nespresso, thanks 🙏

Sitting here watching the rain and drinking a Nespresso. Rather bummed that the Dakar has finished as I was enjoying following it, but saddened by the death of the 20 year old support truck driver in a regular road traffic accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Missus tested positive yesterday on a fast test, she felt sick all week but the 1st test she did was negative and 4 days later positive. Body aches, stuffy nose and now loss of taste. Hate to tell you but she has had 4 vaccinations, was due to have her 5th this morning but we postponed it. (number of vaccines due to Covid passports in 2 countries)

Will presume omicron type, hope she isn't too sick, though I'd imagine Mutt is an excellent carer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

I caught the rat.....woo hoo......set it again in case they'res more there...

I turn up to win lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

lotto gods hear my prayers 🙌🙌🙌

Did you use a sausage roll as bait? 😉

Don't worry Auto, I'll share with you, it's definitely my turn.🤞🤞

In the hairdressers, I have to look my best for sitting on my couch tonight. 🥂🥂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You must look goddess like when you collect your lotto cheque next week.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭gifted

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa with my iPad, tired after a good swim at the pool.

We have to do a big grocery shop this evening - not super enthusiastic for going out again but it has to be done! 😁

@smurfjed - really sorry to hear about your wife. 😕 Wishing her a speedy recovery and I presume that you’ll have to self isolate yourself.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Wherers! 👍👍🌈

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Best of luck to everyone who bought a lotto ticket for tonight, it'd be great to see someone from here winning a tidy little sum ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I suppose vaccines don't prevent infection but rather serious illness. Mrs G was the last here to get symptoms a full 9 days after I got symptoms. She was the worst of the three of us. I guess/hope vaccines just prevent serious illness. That said, I'm no wannabe expert like the looney tunes in certain threads.😯 May your missus bounce back smurfjed.

In other news, I dropped into my parents at lunchtime. Got treated to an unexpected big bowl of stew. Spuds, beef, carrots, parsnips, onions and two big slices of buttered sourdough. Washed down with bainne. It was far from sourdough I was rared. It used to be turnover. (Batch that you sliced yourself sold off a bread board) I have some buffalo wings marinating in the fridge for a post beer snack later. I really should try and get out for a hike tomorrow. I was thinking Wicklow, but these beers are going down a treat to such an extent that I might just chill out tomorrow. Beer and late night wings don't usually suit an early start and five hour hike in winter.😀

Also hoping, with an eeyore level of positivity though, that lotto might dig me out of a hole..

Besides that, work trundle as per usual.

😂😂😂

@smurfjed Hopefully your wife gets better soon 👍

After 7 months...someone actually won the full 19m in tonight's lottery!!

Is it one of us? 🤔

I hope whoever it is (or are in case of a group) that they enjoy the crap out of it..

Really ?!

Wow , best of luck to whoever it is , that's mega money!

• Advertisement

Yup. Best of luck to them and I hope they need it. But its hard not to have the oul tinfoil hat on as its won outright in this fashion and tonight after many many months. I'm gonna back myself on the slots in Tramore this summer. Probably more honest!

I agree Grandeeod, and I think a lot more do too , going by posts elsewhere.

Lordie, the slots in Tramore, that brings back memories!

Aye, gauranteeing a lottery win is one total contradiction in terms

Apparently if my family and I went to the seaside when I was a child, I made a beeline for the slots or the thing where the money falls down the moving shelves.

I was a child addict seemingly 😄

Nowadays I actually hate going in there. The arcades feel claustrophobic to me with no natural light. Bowling is the same, I hate the artificial lights.

My news is I had a Papa John's pizza this evening. Vegetarian. 🥰

Tae, painkillers, sandwiches here.. Groundhog day much.. *grumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Havent posted in ages due to family situation and illness. Hope everyone is well and safe. New Boards is a bit weird and hard to get used to.

Hey there, hope things are going better for you and yours now. Welcome back 😊

No win here, so moving to the Euro millions that served me well before! But I need a bigger win. I promise I will share the mother load and disappear into oblivion if its a lighter load. May all that try it, win it! Happy that I had that stew earlier. Its keeping me going.

Kilkenny winner of the lotto plus 2 😉🥂🥂🙌🙌

• Advertisement

Ignorance is bliss, I'm not checking my ticket, I couldn't take the reality. I also only do the euromillions usually, 3.50 is enough to spend imo. I'd say there was a huge amount spent on tonight's draw, something definitely doesn't add up about the whole thing.

Watching Tommy Tiernan here, always had the hots for Gabriel and he still has it.😉 So unfair the so many men improve as they age, I'm definitely coming back as a man.😄

Advertisement