Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part X *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MOR316 wrote: »
    The Euros aren't until the end of June...
    Government think it's risky putting people within 4 or 5 seats of one another, outside, at the end of June...

Having a laugh if people think they'll open up this summer

Reckon a bit of it is to do with the matchday experience ie getting a few pints in and people chanting/singing/hugging etc

Spineless leadership we have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon a bit of it is to do with the matchday experience ie getting a few pints in and people chanting/singing/hugging etc

Spineless leadership we have

If there's one set of tesicles between 100 of them id be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

Government think it's risky putting people within 4 or 5 seats of one another, outside, at the end of June...

You do realise that poland and slovakia were due to play in the aviva. Likely would have been a lot of people travelling up to it from all around the country Drinking outside. Whatever it would be a gathering.

We will probably only just about have pubs open by then yet you think having a major sporting event is grand.

Would likely set us back weeks. Never mind 4 seats apart or whatever but imagine all the polish people going up and staying with their friends or cousins or whatever.

Youd be here calling them hypocrites if they held it yet you could go to a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

peterc1991 wrote: »
    You do realise that poland and slovakia were due to play in the aviva. Likely would have been a lot of people travelling up to it from all around the country Drinking outside. Whatever it would be a gathering.

We will probably only just about have pubs open by then yet you think having a major sporting event is grand.

Would likely set us back weeks. Never mind 4 seats apart or whatever but imagine all the polish people going up and staying with their friends or cousins or whatever.

Youd be here calling them hypocrites if they held it yet you could go to a nightclub.

First bolded and underlined part, I never said it was OK or not OK to hold a major sporting event. All I said was that if they think having people sit outside, for 90 minutes, far apart from each other is risky, 8 or 9 weeks from now, with a vaccine rollout going according to their plan, I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of society opening up...Especially if RTE's Claire Byrne live is telling people it's dangerous to go for a piss...To counter your point, plenty of people would be travelling to pubs and going across counties to visit and stay with friends they haven't seen in a long time, whilst also going out on the piss and that's before we get to people going to NI when they reopen...What's the difference?

The last bolded part, you presume to know me and know what I think and think that I go to nightclubs. Not particularly bothered interacting with you if that's your mindset

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

When publicans are recieving up to 5k a week to stay close depending on previous income obviously....why would you want to reopen ?

As well as that, Diageo aren't supplying pubs.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bear1 wrote: »
    And your point is?
    They don't force inbound travelers to spend 1900e per person in a hotel. Masks indoor and out seems to be their biggest issue but I suspect you'll say it's just as bad there as it is here.And re the weather, if Ireland had the same summer weather, do you believe the mood would be better? Or do you just berate anyone that doesn't believe things are that bad to keep everything closed?

That and a 1000 things that weren't said :rolleyes:

Eh? Where are you finding any of that btw?

Jaysus that comment comes across like a mad badger caught in briars . And not me berating others "who gives a fcuk". Its a discussion. Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

niallo27 wrote: »
    So your link says their shops bars and restaurants are a open and many areas are gone back to normality, but hey Germany restrictions are increasing so it could be worse for us. Your posts are getting more deluded by the night.

Oh lets play pick a section :pac: it also says this about travel / restrictions which I believe which was originally under discussion.
    If you are a Resident in Spain you can travel. You need documentation to prove this...

In Spain face masks are obligatory at ALL times

Travel restrictions apply between Spanish provinces, autonomous communities and on national borders.  Local authorities and police forces enforce regional restrictions. For example at the moment I can move around Granada province as I am a resident here. Yet I cannot move around Andalusia or other parts of Spain.
    Depending on the specific restrictions of the area of Spain you are travelling to. You need documents to prove that you are a resident in  the municipality. Should you be travelling for business reasons, you should carry documentation with the reason for travel...

Restrictions are changing often according to the rise and fall in local case numbers. Restrictions are set by municipality, province and autonomous region. Do check the rules for the specific location you are going to or are residing in. Different rules apply according to risk for healthcare and contagion levels.

Sounds fun!

But yeah even more stuff that was never said. You're getting better. Keep going ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What is wrong in Dublin, are they licking each other that the numbers are high?

200+ cases in a population of over 1 million is considered high?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭JRant

First bolded and underlined part, I never said it was OK or not OK to hold a major sporting event. All I said was that if they think having people sit outside, for 90 minutes, far apart from each other is risky, 8 or 9 weeks from now, with a vaccine rollout going according to their plan, I wouldn't hold my breath on the rest of society opening up...Especially if RTE's Claire Byrne live is telling people it's dangerous to go for a piss...To counter your point, plenty of people would be travelling to pubs and going across counties to visit and stay with friends they haven't seen in a long time, whilst also going out on the piss and that's before we get to people going to NI when they reopen...What's the difference?

The last bolded part, you presume to know me and know what I think and think that I go to nightclubs. Not particularly bothered interacting with you if that's your mindset

You need to remember we are dealing with a government paralyzed by fear. Everything is a concern for them. They seem to think they need to legislate for every aspect of our lives and "protect" us. Personal responsibility is a non runner for this crowd. Everything must be controlled to the nth degree. Just look at some of the crazy advice they come out with. 2 people from different households can meet up outside but not in a garden (COVID loves a garden). Severe restrictions on mobility around our own country despite the fact it's contact, not movement of people that spreads this.

They have a plan on relaxing restrictions alright. That plan is to severely limit people's freedoms until 80% are vaccinated and then they'll see what they will allow us. I'd be pleasantly surprised if nightclubs and sporting events were open to the great unwashed this year. They'll apply an abundance of caution, like everything else they do, and say we need to wait till after the winter "surge".

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Penfailed wrote: »
    As pessimistic as ever.

This thread would shatter anyones mental health if people took it seriously.

Constantly creating doom and gloom scenarios. Yet its those following restrictions/Tony Holohan that are spreading fear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The Euros start the 11th of June, 14th here for 1st match. i.e. not the end of the June.

That is 7 weeks away.

We are gradually easing as we vaccinate, more opening on Monday.

Holding potential massive super spreader events in 7 weeks time so UEFA can make money is by every single metric dangerously stupid.

And no, it just wouldn't have been 11,500 robots sittings 5 seats away from each other and going on their way in single file after the final whistle. That is extreme Naivety.

We will open up and we are opening up, we just wouldn't let the corrupt goons in UEFA dictate our public health policy during a pandemic, but of course some people are upset by this, it is truly bizarre.

pjohnson wrote: »
    This thread would shatter anyones mental health if people took it seriously.

Constantly creating doom and gloom scenarios. Yet its those following restrictions/Tony Holohan that are spreading fear :pac:

It's been dialed up as we vaccinate and open up more.

Very strange.

Anyway great news from Israel, this may make some people nauseous.

Israel records no daily deaths for the first time in 10 months
    The health ministry said more than 53% of the country's population of about nine million people had received two doses of vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What is the story with Dunnes and how are they getting away with opening

I was in town last week and went in and everything was available to buy

Yet a charity shop across the road and a small clothes shop have not been open for months

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

Boggles wrote: »
    The Euros start the 11th of June, 14th here for 1st match. i.e. not the end of the June.

That is 7 weeks away.

Holding potential massive super spreader events in 7 weeks time so UEFA can make money is by every single metric dangerously stupid.

And no, it just wouldn't have been 11,500 robots sittings 5 seats away from each other and going on their way in single file after the final whistle. That is extreme Naivety.

We will open up and we are opening up, we just wouldn't let the corrupt goons in UEFA dictate our public health policy during a pandemic, but of course some people are upset by this, it is truly bizarre.
    Personally I could take or leave the euros. However it's the clear signal from our government that they are a cabinet of "CANT DO" rather than a cabinet of "CAN DO".

There is no ambition to get things done. It's the usual wait and see. They are paralyzed by fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That is 7 weeks away.

Aboy the Boggles, if you consider this a super spreader event and it's held outside, shouldn't we have hundreds of super spreader events every weekend throughout the country with beach's and canals packed with people drinking.

That is 7 weeks away.

Exactly you finally got it, nobody has a clue when this is or what criteria we need to meet to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,399 ✭✭✭robbiezero

That is 7 weeks away.

Link to the evidence that this is a potential MASSIVE super spreader event?

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Article in The Examiner this morning with a discussion on how deaths with Covid are reported;

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/arid-40273184.html

There's little issue to be taken with how we have reported deaths, all data contributes to better understanding and the limited forecasting that is possible.

Big issue with NPHET claiming that they have been transparent all along with who is included in Covid reported deaths. I've had several discussions in forums here and in real life with people, many of whom are well-read and can argue logically, who insist that the deaths that the deaths reported were deaths that occurred because the person contracted Covid and died from it.

How can they blatently insist they are transparent when so many rational people still do not realise what constitutes a Covid death?

Ronan Glynn;
    “We made it clear from day one that we have reported all deaths either because of, or with, Covid-19," Dr Glynn said.

"And as a result of that, I vividly recall last year — our reporting rates being compared very unfavourably with countries across the world,” he said in reference to early comparisons with the UK in March 2020.

“We took a view on this early on — we have been entirely transparent throughout."

Tony Holohan;
    "We follow the WHO (World Health Organization) method in counting all deaths where there has been a laboratory result (of Covid) in people who died, the medical practitioner will certify the death (as being a Covid death)," Dr Holohan said.

"That is different to the way in which other countries count but it is the way which we have always done it,”

And then the columnist strays into what is know around here as Conpiracy Theory territory;

'However, ahead of next week’s announcement about our next step as a country on the path to freedom, it is legitimate to question whether the higher number of deaths reported allowed the case for extending lockdown to be made easier.'

Well at least the question is being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

According to this mornings Indo indoor dining and accommodation is not expected to return until late June or July

They might open b&bs and guest houses first

Seems the boat has been pushed out a few more weeks with late June instead of mid June

Funny coincidence once Tony has returned

peterc1991 wrote: »

You should be in Government with that level of hand-wringing spinelessness.

Right now people all over the country are staying with family, meeting outdoors, drinking etc.

Set us back weeks my hole. 11,000 people isn't a major sporting event. You would have more than that at most county finals.

Do you think in 6 weeks time that the Poles and Slovaks aren't going to meet up in their gaffs and watch it anyway. Of course they are, like we would do if Ireland were in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bollox, the leaders are making a mess of it... again and again
    Ah come out of it.

The vulnerable and HCWs are vaccinated a while now, they were the one shot at normality this year in Ireland and it’s as if case numbers are still relevant. Baffling stuff

These guys are waiting for 100% vaccination and then a while to “wait and see”.

Abroad will be the place to have normality this year

What is the point in this endless negativity? it is completely detached from the facts. The vaccines work, we are doing a good job of distributing doses as we get them and have built a lot of additional capacity across the MVCs.

Also the vulnerable in cohorts 4 and 7 are only being vaccinated now. As are 60 - 69 year olds. When we have worked through these groups we will be able to ethically ease up restrictions.

But this will be over in 3 months. I wonder what the regulars on this thread will complain about then?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gardaí still harassing people about essential travel.

Aboy the Boggles, if you consider this a super spreader event and it's held outside,

Indeed.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    What is the point in this endless negativity? it is completely detached from the facts. The vaccines work, we are doing a good job of distributing doses as we get them and have built a lot of additional capacity across the MVCs.

Also the vulnerable in cohorts 4 and 7 are only being vaccinated now. As are 60 - 69 year olds. When we have worked through these groups we will be able to ethically ease up restrictions.

But this will be over in 3 months. I wonder what the regulars on this thread will complain about then?

Oh I'm sure there will be something, new variants, India, Christmas, pints, kill your granny, they will find some way of justifying being the most restricted country in Europe.

Indeed.

So you consider any people gathering outside in numbers
    to be a super spreader event. Honestly though what is the difference between travelling to the game, having a few pints outside and watching the game outside with people travelling to the beach and drinking all day in their thousands. No waffle now, how are they different.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oh I'm sure they will somethinh, new variants, India, Christmas, pints, kill your granny, they will find some way of justifying being the most restricted country in Europe.

They won't. The above is just whiny nonsense. And this thread has the temerity of accusing RTE of being negative?!!

It's time to get excited lads. The step change in vaccination pace is here. We have additional Pfizer supply on deck. Time to get ready for a transition back to living.

That is 7 weeks away.

They will be just sitting together indoors watching it instead. Smart stuff.

Massive super spreader event my hole.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

What facts is it detached from though, we are the most restricted country in Europe. Its perfectly reasonable to ask the question why. We have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe because people have followed restrictions in the most and what is our reward, another 6 weeks, we are nearly there.

robbiezero wrote: »
    They will be just sitting together indoors watching it instead. Smart stuff.

Massive super spreader event my hole.

So they won't be travelling from every corner of the country to a centralized location and any potential for spread will be limited to pockets spread geographically and limited to households?

We are 13 months this is very basic stuff.

• Advertisement

What facts is it detached from though, we are the most restricted country in Europe. Its perfectly reasonable to ask the question why. We have one of the lowest infection rates in Europe because people have followed restrictions in the most and what is our reward, another 6 weeks, we are nearly there.

That is your self imposed mindset TBF.

Like I said yesterday you live in a county that attracts millions of visitors because of it's awesome amenities.

You think you are only entitled to stand in a field.

Self inflicted Level 6 misery, no need for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement