Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge Quiz - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I'm not looking stuff up, I know I have loads wrong, but I'll let Kolido depress surprise me in person tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Answers in. Mostly wrong I'm sure. And anyone that knows Margaret Thatchers middle name needs to be hoisted by his undergarments from the highest flagpole around here.

How can one properly insult someone's memory if one doesn't know her full name?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

giphy.gif

Still a few to get their answers in. I'm a reasonable dude though, if their in when I start totting up numbers tomorrow if will be grand

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mr Kolido, sir. Seph Dude is disrupting the class again.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886uki8u0parudbtuuftgjx7aw3j7ajdr6s9o89frfj&rid=giphy.gif
    cat-teacher-square-academic-cap-260nw-1472379407.jpg

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

My answers are in :)

• Advertisement

All in except Sinead, still time if you want to play on.

Folks, I totally forgot it's Paddys Day and I scheduled the reveal for this evening. I can postpone it if folk are busy, personally I have nothing else to be doing so I'm free.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »

Folks, I totally forgot it's Paddys Day and I scheduled the reveal for this evening. I can postpone it if folk are busy, personally I have nothing else to be doing so I'm free.

:pac: Nothing is the sum total of most people's plans this year I suspect :D

I'm fine with the reveal this eve anyways Kol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Well I was going out but then, oh wait a minute. No I'm fine :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

And here was I thinking you scheduled it for tonight to give us something to look forward to on Paddy's Day! ;)

Grand so, see you all later.

I can reveal now, all scores received have been totted up.

I can also reveal that one player hit both tie breaker answers on the nose, outstanding answering. Will they be needed, we will see!

I can also reveal that Music proved to be the toughest category overall

• Advertisement

Kol you little tease you :D.

I'll have a spring in my step all day, thinking its me.:)

Well I'm working later today, but I have a feeling it won't be the busy day of St Patrick's day past, so I'll pop along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How can one properly insult someone's memory if one doesn't know her full name?
    Just make one up like 'Rusty Knickers' for eg ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Awwwww so disappointed i missed this! Sob! Good luck everyone with it anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Please please kol make the reveal today and give us all something to look forward too

source.gif

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think I have the correct song for the MTV Europe thing, remains to be seen of course, I avoid googling the answers, for the element of surprise.
    Does MTV even exist anymore? I know they stopped playing music vids years ago (Youtube probably hammered them) and then became like a reality TV channel.
    Well Tay Tay’s farm didn’t feature in The Crown so there’s hope...
    Weren't that an old Bob Dylan song? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Patrick was a top tier arsehole who came over here like the mad cult disciple that he was, and killed any Pagan (because we were all Pagans back then, and Paganism is great craic by all accounts) who wouldn't convert to Catholicism.

Under the tyranny of the Catholic Church all Pagan Festivals and Celebrations (ie. anything that involved having a few drinks and a bit of a party) were banned thanks to that prick Patrick and everyone was forced to pray and pay penance.

And over the years the Catholic Mafia covered it all up and turned it into a fun kids story about driving all the snakes out of Ireland, and all the SHEEPLE of Ireland celebrate and drink to the serial killer who forced religion down our throats whether we wanted ir or not, even though we've been enslaved by Catholicism ever since, and only recently been able to start freeing ourselves from those shackles.

All the great stuff, all the craic of being Irish, have trickled down and survived from the Pagan days in defiance against the will of the God Squad, so really what we should be doing every year is burning effigies of that Psycho Patrick and sharing the truth about the atrocities and crimes against our ancestors instead of all this "oh wasn't he great for scaring off those imaginary snakes that never existed here in the first place"... :rolleyes:

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk...

/Annual Rant Over

Awwwww so disappointed i missed this! Sob! Good luck everyone with it anyway.

If you havent googled any answers yet, pm me them and you can join the fun. :)

Please please kol make the reveal today and give us all something to look forward too

source.gif

source.gif

Happy St Catricks Day :D

Patrick was a top tier arsehole ...

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk...

/Annual Rant Over

That was wonderful! I really enjoyed it! :pac: Put me down for two tickets to next year's talk please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Does MTV even exist anymore? I know they stopped playing music vids years ago (Youtube probably hammered them) and then became like a reality TV channel.

Their main channel is ****e, but they do have several music-only channels, yeah. MTV Music is my default channel to have on in the background when there's nothing to watch - not that it helped with yesterday's questions

That was wonderful! I really enjoyed it! :pac: Put me down for two tickets to next year's talk please!

And that was only the short condensed boards friendly version...

My first "The Real Story of Saint Patrick" seminar was back in 2015 at a family gathering and lasted about an hour as I dropped some truth bombs on my cousins... :D

I've toyed with the idea of adapting it into a Stand-Up Show, Novel, or Netflix Series over the years... One of these days I'll get around to it I'm sure... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

And that was only the short condensed boards friendly version...

My first "The Real Story of Saint Patrick" seminar was back in 2015 at a family gathering and lasted about an hour as I dropped some truth bombs on my cousins... :D

I've toyed with the idea of adapting it into a Stand-Up Show, Novel, or Netflix Series over the years... One of these days I'll get around to it I'm sure... :pac:

Were you invited back on family gatherings?? :D:pac:

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Were you invited back on family gatherings?? :D:pac:

I've still always been dragged along to family events whether I want to be there or not.

Some of my cousins beg me to do the whole rant again at every opportunity as if it were some sort of a party piece rather than the eye-opening lecture that it actually is... :D

I'd say you're hilarious when you're all worked up LeVar! I mean that in a good way!

I'd say you're hilarious when you're all worked up LeVar! I mean that in a good way!

giphy.gif

I've been told as much anyway, and I enjoy going off on epic rants for my own amusement, so it's a win-win... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

If you havent googled any answers yet, pm me them and you can join the fun. :)

Awww who is my new best friend. Haven't had time to google but i wouldn't anyway cos know alls don't have to.

I've still always been dragged along to family events whether I want to be there or not.

Some of my cousins beg me to do the whole rant again at every opportunity as if it were some sort of a party piece rather than the eye-opening lecture that it actually is... :D

Reminds me of that Stewart Lee thing in Glasgow, where he tells the audience that Robert the Bruce was a probably a pedo. Probably seen it already but here it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Have zero plans here today, so ok for a reveal of answers :)

Are we also getting questions today?

• Advertisement

source.gif

Happy St Catricks Day :D

Feline lucky for winning the wooden spoon again is it 🤣🤣🤣?

😃😃😝

Advertisement