Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge Quiz - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭EEFGGFEDCCDEED

Just in before the deadline.
    No time to second guess, plenty of first guesses in there though :o

Mr Kolido, sir. Seph Dude is disrupting the class again.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886uki8u0parudbtuuftgjx7aw3j7ajdr6s9o89frfj&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Please stand by for todays questions.

I am pleased to say that everyone who PMd me yesterday and changed some answers got there on time, all were accepted.

We have 33 players in the game.

Today there will be a picture round which I will post separately, if you can though, please send your answers all together

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mr Kolido, sir. Seph Dude is disrupting the class again.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886uki8u0parudbtuuftgjx7aw3j7ajdr6s9o89frfj&rid=giphy.gif

cat-teacher-square-academic-cap-260nw-1472379407.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh God, a picture round....... :eek:

Right, I've decided this might be my best chance ever at supplementing my cutlery drawer.....

• Advertisement

4 - Pictures

1. Name the US state highlighted

2. In which city would you see this building?

3. Name the former sports star.

4. Name the movie this promo poster is from.

5. Name the song this music video still is from.

1 547172.png
    2 547173.png
    3 547174.png
    4 547175.png
    5 547176.png"

5. Sport

How many football matches were played in total in the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia?
    In which sport could you win the Davis Cup?
    Which famous football club was knocked out of the Champions League last week by PSG in the round of last 16?
    Karl Malone, nicknamed 'The Mailman' is a famous name in which sport?
    What age was Tiger Woods when he won his first Major?

6. Music

Rednex, who had a UK No.1 in 1995 with 'Cotton Eyed Joe', are from which country?
    The Friends theme song, I’ll Be There For You, was recorded by which band?
    Which band released albums entitled ‘Morrison Hotel, ‘Waiting for the Sun’ and ‘L.A. Woman’?
    Who sang 'Nobody Does it Better', the theme song to The Spy Who Loved Me?
    In what year did Robbie Williams first leave Take That?
    American singer Peter Gene Hernandez is better known by what stage name?
    What was the first music video played on MTV Europe?
    Taylor Swift grew up on what type of farm?
    Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake famously turned up to the American Music Awards in 2001 wearing outfits made out of what?
    Girls Aloud were formed on Popstars: The Rivals in 2002 – but can you name the boy band that was formed at the same time?

7. General Knowledge

What was Margaret Thatcher's middle name?
    Which metal has the chemical symbol Pb?
    Lemurs are native to which island?
    Which is the only letter in Scrabble to have a value of five points?
    How many suspects are there in the original version of the board game Cluedo?
    Which of these media services was launched first, Twitter, Youtube, or Reddit?
    Which sports star has the most followers on Instagram?
    As of 2020, how many member states are there in the EU?
    What is the currency of Denmark?
    In which year did Big Brother first air on Channel 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Kol image links arent working - i tried to take a look but cant see where the issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There's no pictures

Apologies guys, let me see if I can sort of post them another way.

• Advertisement

Let me know please if you can see them now

ya they are working now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So many music questions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Now I'm looking forward to the losers playoffs.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tricky sets of questions! Appreciate it Kolido!!

Think I got 9 from the first 10 questions (thank you sport knowledge!) Then went downhill pretty sharpish. From the bottom 20 I think I knew 3 or 4 answers and the rest were pretty much guesses

So near but yet so far on some of my submitted answers

Grrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Trigger wrote: »
    So many music questions :(

Plus one about Rednex :D

Purgative wrote: »
    Now I'm looking forward to the losers playoffs.:(
    Do you think there might be a playoff for the losers of the losers' playoffs? :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Do you think there might be a playoff for the losers of the losers' playoffs? :(

I think so , but then that could just be added to the list of things I've got wrong.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Plus one about Rednex :D

Three years ago this was the favoured tune of my Transition Year students, any day away where they had music playing we got a blast of this. If I didn't get this question right........ :D:D:D

Three years ago this was the favoured tune of my Transition Year students, any day away where they had music playing we got a blast of this. If I didn't get this question right........ :D:D:D

I thought it was something you put in car engines :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Any sense of optimism I had after yesterday's questions has been torpedoed with today's set :(

In, best I could do anyway. I hope I don't look like too much of a dope when the answers are posted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Kolido wrote: »
    In what year did Robbie Williams first leave Take That?

It is still like a little dagger to my heart. I remember my Mam coming in to my bedroom and waking me to tell me the news. I may have cried a little :p

cee_jay wrote: »
    It is still like a little dagger to my heart. I remember my Mam coming in to my bedroom and waking me to tell me the news. I may have cried a little :p
    This (along with a good few of the other questions) came up recently in one of the rubbish evening telly quiz shows I'm hopelessly addicted to.

I really, really need to start paying a bit more attention to them! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Bit tougher than yesterday (always was going to be with sports in the mix), but don't think I fared too terribly, plenty there that I'd be confident in anyway... All that useless knowledge I've retained coming in handy... :pac:

giphy.gif

Entries sent. That wasn't so bad, actually; knew a good few of them and the ones I didn't know were ones I could at least make a (hopefully) decent guess at.

The "first video on MTV" one is bugging me though, because I know I've heard it before and just can't recall it now. I made a guess that sounds like it could be correct but also could be horribly wrong. :o

Guys, a quick question. We have a late entry, I have no problem letting them play from today. However I have also no problem with them answering yesterdays questions and giving them fair crack at it. Would everyone be okay with this?
    I know I set deadlines but I don't want to turn anyone away where possible.

We obviously won't be able to accept any late entries after stage 1.

Entries sent. That wasn't so bad, actually; knew a good few of them and the ones I didn't know were ones I could at least make a (hopefully) decent guess at.

The "first video on MTV" one is bugging me though, because I know I've heard it before and just can't recall it now. I made a guess that sounds like it could be correct but also could be horribly wrong. :o

I couldn't resist googling this, and am pleasant surprised that although I was wrong (as expected), I at least hit the right decade!

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Guys, a quick question. We have a late entry, I have no problem letting them play from today. However I have also no problem with them answering yesterdays questions and giving them fair crack at it. Would everyone be okay with this?
    I know I set deadlines but I don't want to turn anyone away where possible.

We obviously won't be able to accept any late entries after stage 1.

Fire away, more the merrier

Advertisement