Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge Quiz - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Didn't find it as bad as I first thought when I engaged my brain a bit, I really don't do that enough :D

Knew a few, especially in the TV ones, educated guesses for a few and absolute random guesses for many.

Not going to read back on them now, just going to wait for the reveal so I don't rack my brain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I second this sentiment :D
    I'll third it!

Here goes......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some of them are on the tip of my tongue but they won't come out :mad:
    Some of them I am torn between two answers, and you just know you are going to pick the wrong one :mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I didn’t mind the geography ones though so more like that please, Kol.

:D I didn't mind the geography questions either!

Couple of the ones in other categories I just flat out guessed tbh though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*looks at the questions*

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I feel I'm being lulled into a false sense of security, a couple of educated punts, quite a few there that have come up in table quizzes I've done before, and mostly starting with things in my general knowledge wheelhouse... which probably means I'll know sweet feck all tomorrow.

I think I guessed more than I knew......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Answers are in. That was..................ok. I guessed a lot though and made up a few answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

There are three that I should know, but can't think of, those are frustrating as hell

The rest I either know or have educated guesses for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Hopefully I won't be the only one hopelessly making up random stuff... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just sent my answers there.
    Initially I thought that I was completely out of my depth, but it was kind of OK in the end.
    Had 3 don't knows and 6 lucky guesses - couple of them a bit educated guesses, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

My "answers" are in.
    Fun to exercise the old grey cells.
    There were some questions...not a clue! :D
    Thanks for running this, Kolido.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Just sent my answers there.
    Initially I thought that I was completely out of my depth, but it was kind of OK in the end.
    Had 3 don't knows and 6 lucky guesses - couple of them a bit educated guesses, so fingers crossed.

Hi Aris, I just checked and I don't see your PM, can you send again please.

I had no idea Dirty Harry was a series of movies.

Other than that, quite a palatable selection of questions.

I think I've done well, which I'll need to do to make up for any Maths round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Kolido wrote: »
    Hi Aris, I just checked and I don't see your PM, can you send again please.

Sorry about that Kol. I had a second window open and was filling in the answer, must have closed it without hitting sent :o. Should be there now :)

I had no idea Dirty Harry was a series of movies.

Me neither!

Answers in.
    Not so bad I think :)

Thanks everyone who has PMd so far, we have 26 players and still time for more. Here is a list of those I received a PM from in case I missed anyone.

2D
    Aaron
    Ari
    Aris
    Baggly
    Bubbly
    CeeJay
    Collie
    Heidi
    HillBilly
    Homer
    Hurlingman
    LeVar
    Mack
    Molly
    Necro
    Purg
    Purple
    Rainbowtrout
    Rebe
    sawduck
    Scooby
    Shane
    Strawb
    Trigger
    Zaph

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The Tube map question comes up in lots of quizzes and I always guess. It’s probably not that difficult to learn them all but I can just not be bothered. I’m not even sure I’d be bothered if I was living in London.

Me neither!
    Me threether!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Collie D wrote: »
    The Tube map question comes up in lots of quizzes and I always guess. It’s probably not that difficult to learn them all but I can just not be bothered. I’m not even sure I’d be bothered if I was living in London.

I know some of them for sure (ones I've used lots), and then I know names and some colours but I don't know which goes with which, so I just guessed :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Collie D wrote: »

So does the Henry VIII question but like hell can I remember more than one or what order they were in :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Necro wrote: »
    So does the Henry VIII question but like hell can I remember more than one or what order they were in :pac::pac:

That one too. I could name them all but I don’t know the order apart from first and (hopefully) last.

Have set myself up for a fall there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hard at work on my questions.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Do you need to answer the tie breaker questions now or only if there is a tie breaker?

Do you need to answer the tie breaker questions now or only if there is a tie breaker?

Now please, saves me having to wait if players aren't online when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Kolido wrote: »
    Now please, saves me having to wait if players aren't online when needed.

Just sent The Winners answers through a min ago :pac:

I'll add on the other two ..

I haven't had TV for years and years so was floundering a bit but I had a really unbelievably lucky break today...I was in a hospital waiting room and there was a TV on...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I did a last minute change. I wouldn't mind too much being wrong, but if I was right at the start and changed over to a wrong answer...oh that drives me nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Just sent in my anwers, that was tough

Advertisement