Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge Quiz - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Entries sent. That wasn't so bad, actually; knew a good few of them and the ones I didn't know were ones I could at least make a (hopefully) decent guess at.

The "first video on MTV" one is bugging me though, because I know I've heard it before and just can't recall it now. I made a guess that sounds like it could be correct but also could be horribly wrong. :o

Mine is so so so so so so soooooo wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Got the mtv video mixed up with the American station ughhhh. I actually had the right answer and changed it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The "first video on MTV" one is bugging me though, because I know I've heard it before and just can't recall it now. I made a guess that sounds like it could be correct but also could be horribly wrong.

Hadn't a clue on that one, just took a stab which is most likely horribly wrong :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I enjoyed those questions more than I did yesterday's. Still doesn't mean I got them right, but I have better educated guesses for some of the ones I didn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »
    Got the mtv video mixed up with the American station ughhhh. I actually had the right answer and changed it.

I had a similar problem where I know both the first video for the US and the European launches, but couldn't confidently remember which was on which... Haven't checked it, but hoping I went with the right one...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I may have misread the question - I know the US launch, that is what I answered. Don't know if I know the European one so wouldn't have made a difference.
    The sports questions really killed me though. They were terrible for me. All guesses. And probably all wrong guesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Answers in. Mostly wrong I'm sure. And anyone that knows Margaret Thatchers middle name needs to be hoisted by his undergarments from the highest flagpole around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Answers in. Mostly wrong I'm sure. And anyone that knows Margaret Thatchers middle name needs to be hoisted by his undergarments from the highest flagpole around here.
    So it's ok to know it if you're a girl then???

How could you NOT know that little nugget? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mollyb60 wrote:

Erm... :o

I recently watched the crown and decided to google how factual things were and it was something that kinda stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Necro wrote: »

I recently watched the crown and decided to google how factual things were and it was something that kinda stuck :D

We were made to learn essays in Irish about random world leaders in fifth class (This was around 1989). One of them was Margaret Thatcher. Some of those sentences are still stuck in my head in Irish. :pac:

Rugadh Margaret X Roberts i míle naoi gcead fiche cuig.......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Will you be posting the answers, after each round?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Mine's in. Had a couple of last minute lightbulb moments but there were some where the lights never even flickered...

Necro wrote: »

We were made to learn essays in Irish about random world leaders in fifth class (This was around 1989). One of them was Margaret Thatcher. Some of those sentences are still stuck in my head in Irish. :pac:

Rugadh Margaret X Roberts i míle naoi gcead fiche cuig.......:D

Ah here. I'm fecked. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I thought it was Miserable. Margaret Miserable Thatcher.

Mine's in. Had a couple of last minute lightbulb moments but there were some where the lights never even flickered...

I'm still waiting for any lightbulbs, four hours after posting my answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I think I have the correct song for the MTV Europe thing, remains to be seen of course, I avoid googling the answers, for the element of surprise.

Very disappointed with myself on the music round where I thought it would save me. I couldn't remember who sang the Bond theme and threw a name which is definitely wrong. and quite a few don't knows (unless you are a Taylor Swift hardcore fan why would you know what farm she grew up in? )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Will you be posting the answers, after each round?

I will be doing a reveal tomorrow evening of yesterday and todays answers and the group will be split in 2 for the next stage of the quiz.

Final reveal will be on Saturday

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think I have the correct song for the MTV Europe thing, remains to be seen of course, I avoid googling the answers, for the element of surprise.

Very disappointed with myself on the music round where I thought it would save me. I couldn't remember who sang the Bond theme and threw a name which is definitely wrong. and quite a few don't knows (unless you are a Taylor Swift hardcore fan why would you know what farm she grew up in? )

Well seeing how Necro knew Maggie's middle name I'm fully expecting him to know Tay Tay's childhood farm too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

It's funny sitting here thinking:
    1. Some of my answers are such embarrassing guesses as they are the only thing I can think of...
    2. I know the answer to this question but I can't remember it right now...
    3. I could do with a maths round, but that could be terrible too...

:o :pac: :D

When do the hard questions commence?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Irish Aris wrote: »
    unless you are a Taylor Swift hardcore fan why would you know what farm she grew up in?

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Hmmm I think I missed this question. Not that I would have any idea!

cee_jay wrote: »

So what you’re saying is Maggie’s second name is the chemical element pb?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

That was much harder than yesterday's selection

See y'all in the Loser's bracket :D

cee_jay wrote: »

You all can still change or answer any question you missed until the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Well seeing how Necro knew Maggie's middle name I'm fully expecting him to know Tay Tay's childhood farm too.

Well Tay Tay’s farm didn’t feature in The Crown so there’s hope...

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

I couldn't resist Googling the answer to one of the questions I had not a clue about...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47106jkobqazs5offeeadralxrchpwm1ykk5ehyziw&rid=giphy.gif

Kolido wrote: »
    You all can still change or answer any question you missed until the deadline.

Not that it will make any difference - but just in case they are all moved up one :p

When do the hard questions commence?

You missed a round in your PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Kolido wrote: »
    You missed a round in your PM

Can't get questions wrong if you don't answer them ;)

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I really struggled today and having just Googled after submitting I’m in trouble. Good score yesterday will hopefully save me but very bad today. Some I just had no clue and some 50/50s where I managed to pick the wrong one every time.

Booooo

Advertisement