Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much is your annual sub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Ramasun wrote: »
    What do you get for your annual sub usually?

Is it just the cost of maintaining the course?

Course and clubhouse/grounds devolpment, marketing,office staff,maintainence,savings and loan repayments are a few I can think of.
    Interclub costs I presume come out of this or do the player pay for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

blue note wrote: »
    If clubs don't want to publish their prices that's fair enough, but if someone wants to share how much they paid that's fair enough too. It's not up to us to keep their fees a secret.

Absolutely. I don't see the point in someone saying 1000 or 1500 or 2000. Is it in Dublin, cork, Galway or Donegal. Price is relative. I only see a problem if someone posts false information here. Why is posting subscription and club wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

How much of that is bar tab and insurance fir what pls? Clubs?

Social levy is €200, insurance is €27 and covers personal accident, loss of clubs and hole in one (limited €120 bar tab I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dtoffee wrote: »
    Social levy is €200, insurance is €27 and covers personal accident, loss of clubs and hole in one (limited €120 bar tab I think).

Insurance hasn’t covered bar tab in years as far as I am aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Insurance hasn’t covered bar tab in years as far as I am aware

It did until about two years ago, 200 quid but back to car draw again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

slave1 wrote: »
    Not a member there but Glasson put their fees in the public domain for the first time, €990 exc ins. etc

Last 6 holes are being re-vamped and scheduled to re-open in May. The holes look nice but the course will be about 400 yards shorter.

Has got very boggy over the last few years.

Need to up their game considerably to justify the premium vs other courses in the Midlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Dtoffee

Ollieboy wrote: »
    It did until about two years ago, 200 quid but back to car draw again.

It was covered in 2019 at our place, so you could be right.

I never ask tbh and just pay up as insurance risk wise there is more chance of me skulling someone than getting a hole in one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Just shy of 1600 for gold membership in a premium Dublin parkland course.
    Gold Members enjoy €425 in additional value (€125 bar and restaurant credit and six guest pass) plus enjoy a 10% Off Merchandise and F&B purchases.
    Includes GUI, insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭fungie

Just shy of 1600 for gold membership in a premium Dublin parkland course.
    Gold Members enjoy €425 in additional value (€125 bar and restaurant credit and six guest pass) plus enjoy a 10% Off Merchandise and F&B purchases.
    Includes GUI, insurance.

Sounds like you're trying to sell it to us! :)
    Pyramid scheme perhaps...I jest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

fungie wrote: »
    Sounds like you're trying to sell it to us! :)
    Pyramid scheme perhaps...I jest.

Cut and paste from the marketing blurb. :D
    It's probably good value if I had the bloody chance to use it! I've been working from home through all this for the last year. When golf returns, I'm seriously thinking about taking 3 months off, buying a tent and going to live on the course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

€924 (pay by standing order)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Cut and paste from the marketing blurb. :D
    It's probably good value if I had the bloody chance to use it! I've been working from home through all this for the last year. When golf returns, I'm seriously thinking about taking 3 months off, buying a tent and going to live on the course :)

I'll go halves on the tent if needs be.😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Ramasun wrote: »
    What do you get for your annual sub usually?

Is it just the cost of maintaining the course?

Not sure what you mean there? Surely it pays to run the whole course and everything they do. I don't see why a club would ring fence membership money only to be used on certain needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 desoconnor1959

Hollywood Lakes G.C.

7-Day Unlimited Membership just €950 (including 5 day playing rights at Holywood Golf Club in Co. Down, the home course of Rory Mcllroy). Includes €50 credit for the pro shop.

5-Day Unlimited Membership just €550.

Intermediate (27-30) €600.

Intermediate (23-26) €400.

Student (18-22) €250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Hollywood Lakes G.C.

7-Day Unlimited Membership just €950 (including 5 day playing rights at Holywood Golf Club in Co. Down, the home course of Rory Mcllroy). Includes €50 credit for the pro shop.

5-Day Unlimited Membership just €550.

Intermediate (27-30) €600.

Intermediate (23-26) €400.

Student (18-22) €250.

Played vs ye in PP last year, lovely course. Lethal fast greens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

willabur wrote: »
    Played vs ye in PP last year, lovely course. Lethal fast greens

Probably wont be as fast going forward given they have got rid of Carr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭blue note

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Probably wont be as fast going forward given they have got rid of Carr

Why did they get rid of Carr? And are they taking over Carrs role, or getting someone else in? Did Carr just do work on the greens or was it the full management package?

I dont know anymore than that other than Carr did whole course management

Sounded like cost cutting from what I read here

Expect it to be closed this time next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭blue note

That's a shame. I've played it a couple of times and can't quite decide if I like the course or not. The whole course seems to be on a slope. Not so much undulating as all running down one particular way. But there's certainly a lot to like about the place. The par 5 index 1 is a lovely hole.

blue note wrote: »
    That's a shame. I've played it a couple of times and can't quite decide if I like the course or not. The whole course seems to be on a slope. Not so much undulating as all running down one particular way. But there's certainly a lot to like about the place. The par 5 index 1 is a lovely hole.

claims to be the longest par 5 in europe

Birdied it the last time I was there :)

Real shame it is not going well if reports are true. Its in that awkward position of being a bit too far out to be convenient for alot of people while also being in an area that is saturated with golf courses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

I'm in Kerry

€1250 P/A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,286 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

€975. Greenore, Co. Louth.
    Includes €50 Bar, €50 Restaurant.
    €25 insurance, €20 locker and €5 Juvenile fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 reax

Spreading rumours doesn't do any club any good. Yes, Carr Golf have gone. That decision is between management and Carr. No it is not cost cutting. They are being replaced. No I don't expect it to be closed this time next year.

Owner not happy after 3 years with Carr. New Club Manager being appointed. No cost cutting actually quite the opposite. 5 new course machines been added and major drainage improvements already started. Course maintained by green keepers throughout the lockdown. Owner one of the very few to reduce members fees from €1250 to €900 this year to allow for COVID closure. All positive going forward.

reax wrote: »
    Spreading rumours doesn't do any club any good. Yes, Carr Golf have gone. That decision is between management and Carr. No it is not cost cutting. They are being replaced. No I don't expect it to be closed this time next year.

Spreading rumours is when you say something is fact!! If you re-read my post it clearly states it is speculation based on what others said here. So little weight should be put on it! And anyone that does clearly isnt able to read

You as a presumably a member are more than right to tell us what you guys have been told. And far more weight should be placed on that. You have also supplied information on what is happening which looks far more promising than what we, here didnt know before. And it sounds more promising, if a bit contradictory.

There are possibly other reasons why they ditched Carr. Carr must be in serious trouble given the obvious problems of their golf travel business

But saying that I still wouldnt be surprised if it isnt a golf club in a few years time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Lip Out wrote: »
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that sounds ridiculous. So if you are under 40, you can't enter Sunday competitions??

No, you just arent allowed to win it :)

"if a bit contradictory" ???
    What's contradictory ?

Spreading rumours is when you say something is fact!! If you re-read my post it clearly states it is speculation based on what others said here. So little weight should be put on it! And anyone that does clearly isnt able to read

You as a presumably a member are more than right to tell us what you guys have been told. And far more weight should be placed on that. You have also supplied information on what is happening which looks far more promising than what we, here didnt know before. And it sounds more promising, if a bit contradictory.

There are possibly other reasons why they ditched Carr. Carr must be in serious trouble given the obvious problems of their golf travel business

But saying that I still wouldnt be surprised if it isnt a golf club in a few years time

The person that owns it is one of the riches people in Ireland and as had many chances to closed it down and didn’t.

I’m very aware of what happen and it’s just a simple change of direction and if you check out there FB you will see a lot of investment happening.

Carr golf retail and maintenance business are two different business and they’ve taken on other clubs this year so I doubt they have any financial worries. They are a very well ran operation with massive financial backing.

It’s far more likely elm won’t be a golf club in a few years time and used for social housing instead if the council get permission to build.

It’s far more likely elm won’t be a golf club in a few years time and used for social housing instead if the council get permission to build.

Would you like to place a bet on that?

Would you like to place a bet on that?

Why would I place a bet with someone I don’t know? But out of interest what odds are you given over what time frame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You have to speculate to accumulate as they say and it looks to me like you just lost your whole wad

Why would I place a bet with someone I don’t know? But out of interest what odds are you given over what time frame?

Evens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm in Kerry

€1250 P/A

You mind me asking what course that is?

Prices down here seem to be very low (RoK, Kenmare etc...) or very high (Waterville).

it's killarney i'd say. Must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

I’d say Killarney alright. It’s €2,000 to get in there at present for new members. Plus then you go on the regular sub Year 2. Very good for what you’re getting

On Kerry courses Tralee from what I’ve heard is actually very low for the course you’re getting. Only around €650 or so.

But the issue is getting in there plus there’s entrance money. But once in its great value for a serious set up

what's the hello money in tralee. i heard 20k but that was a few years ago now.

bailey99 wrote: »
    what's the hello money in tralee. i heard 20k but that was a few years ago now.

No where near it. I was working around there in 2011 and it was about €7,000 at the time as I enquired out of interest. Huge waiting list though at the time I was told
    Unless it’s changed since but I’d doubt it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I assumed Tralee would be much more expensive then €650. Guess the entrance fee makes up for that :P

At the time they were very good financially. They didn’t need a big sub from members.
    The green fee revenue was huge there every year.
    Now the sub may have increased a bit but I think it’s still good. I think it’s a bit of a deal with members, sub is good in return for accepting there will be a lot of visitors on the course particularly in summer
    The current situation will have hit them hard I’d think

• Advertisement

i think there's a local price (maybe 7k) and another price

i think there's a local price (maybe 7k) and another price

Ok, that could make sense alright

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭cjfitz

It's €8000. The sub is very fair after that. Getting out during the summer can be difficult (pre covid) and it can be sloooooooow. I'm not a member but have friends that are members there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ArdLix11

Sub in Tralee last year was under €600. Works on 3 more holes on front nine complete which look very good. I think it will be a top 5 course in a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭golfguy1

benji79 wrote: »
    I’d say Killarney alright. It’s €2,000 to get in there at present for new members. Plus then you go on the regular sub Year 2. Very good for what you’re getting

On Kerry courses Tralee from what I’ve heard is actually very low for the course you’re getting. Only around €650 or so.

But the issue is getting in there plus there’s entrance money. But once in its great value for a serious set up

It is €2000 for yr 1 but you dont go on the regular sub in yr 2. from yr 2 onwards you pay €1200 a yr until the normal membership goes above that.

Tralee is very cheap for the quality of course but very limited availability due to green fees during the season.
    winter mats In play in the off season

it's killarney i'd say. Must be.

Nope ballybunion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 gokster

Nope ballybunion

No, Ballybunion is 8k hello money and sub is 450.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

gokster wrote: »

Yes but the hello money is payed in 10 installments over 10 years so €450 + €800 = €1250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Yes but the hello money is payed in 10 installments over 10 years so €450 + €800 = €1250

may I ask; does that cover both courses?

gokster wrote: »

No sub is 520 plus the 8k spread over ten years.

1250 pet year first ten years.

it covers both courses

• Advertisement
Advertisement