Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your annual sub?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

€1175 and €100 bar credit

27 hole Parkland course in the south east so you can get out for a few holes at any time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Russman

Increase this year of €50 to €1,200 for full membership.

Club in Dublin, small membership, can always get out for a few holes on a summer evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Blessington Lakes €659 no increase in fees this year and loads of work done to clubhouse in 2023 function room completely renovated and the men's locker rooms, toilets and showers also refurbished. Looking for a good club thats reasonably priced near to Dublin we are yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

4 grand. It's gone up about 60%-70% over the last 3-4 years. Really thinking of dropping it for next year because an intermittent back problem has restricted my ability to play and I've a few other things going on that take up weekends anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Good value for a top quality course nevermind getting 2. Any joining fee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

€1720 includes gui , insurance , 4 green fees €100 bar credit . St Margaret’s .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

It’s baked into the full membership (2.5k) so after 10 years it drops by 250.

4 years as an intermediate is the maximum time but each year knocks €500 off the joining fee so after 4 years it’s around €950

AGM in Jan so will have to see if it goes up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Wow...that is serious after tax wedge.

There is me thinking..stuff getting near 2 K..is getting a bit daft ..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Three golf clubs within 5 minutes of me

One not open to members - probably need to be a Mason

Second is 3.5k annual sub

Third is a more reasonable 1.5 annual sub but 10k joining fee

After those it's at least 25 minutes drive to the next nearest club

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

I suspect we're neighbours! It's very annoying. But at least we actually have a load of far more reasonably priced ones within half an hours drive of us.

I'm going to deer park next year. I've just used Corballis once in the last 8 months, so 205e in deer park probably sounds like the most suitable for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Is deer park only that ? IO guess you have to pay too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

We had increase of 15% last year and another of 5% for coming year so now just about 2,050 per year which includes 150 bar and all other levies, insurance etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

€1300 or thereabouts in the Curragh.

Ring of Kerry went up to €1200 this year, and 300% increase from 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Are they making big changes to the course? I know it'll changed owners a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Hijpo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Upgrades more than changes from what i've heard. Changed ownership 2 years ago, and has jumped up massively in that time. It was a lot of people's 2nd club, as it was so cheap, and i suspect membership has dropped significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,513 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

1,020 inc insurance, locker and bar and restaurant (50 each)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Are joining fees normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

spoke with committee member.

they have 110 members. hoping to keep a minimum of 40.

it is hemorrhaging members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Club in the Midwest... Just under 1200 euro for the year, all in.

Latest AGM warned for further increases in the years to come. Costs, clubhouse improvements etc.

Hoping those who stuck with the club in tough times won't be forgotten about in the coming years but I'll hold my breath.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Why are people afraid to name the voucher did the price? Is it confidential or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TallUSgolfer

Hi.

Im from the states and coming over this summer. I’ll likely live in or near Dingle and I’m looking for two or three overseas memberships to try different courses. I’ve read about the opportunities and I think it’s perfect for me

Any suggestions on good courses that might have good prices for overseas memberships? I’m retired so I can be there, off and on all summer.

Are there handicap requirements to join at a place like Ballybunion or Waterville?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh I dunno why people keep saying ‘club in mid west’ type comments.

Just name the club

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Best to email all the courses within a reasonable radius. If based in Dingle Ceann Sibeal GC is a must as it'll be the closest. After that it's Tralee, Ballybunion, Dooks and Waterville in terms of proximity. Each has there own requirements so email/phone each individual club would be best in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Bellewstown Golf Club have increased their annual sub price from €699 to €799. Apparently it's only their second increase in 15 years but it stings a bit all the same.

That said, from what I can tell, it'll be north if €1200 for memberships to the likes of Seapoint or Ardee (incl joining fee) so might have to take this one on the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

I'd imagine that most clubs suffered during 2023 with weather closures, resulting in significant loss of income. Wages and bills still have to be paid, machinery depreciates, debts need to be serviced, extra maintenance needed due to bad weather, high inflation. There are a lot of pressures on annual subs and I'd say most clubs will be forced to increase them.

I wonder if the higher subs, coupled with regular weather closures will begin to quell people's appetite for Club membership 🤔

€800 a lot for bellewstown - imagine they struggled to open much at all since september?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I never really hear of the course being closed, it's fairly exceptional for that to happen, but the dampness of the course probably doesn't make it mega appealing.

I'd strongly consider moving to Ardee Golf Club, but the €500 joining fee feels stiff for a relative (second year) beginner.

Advertisement