Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19th March '21 Gold Cup day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I feel confident in my own picks now after seeing you have 3 of them

There’s a few tricky races today for sure, so I’d be lying if I said I was really confident myself! But let’s hope for another enjoyable and profitable one!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This has been.my first year where I'm actually in profit in the final day so whatever happens today I've had a ball following the threads and has been some great races.

Tritonic in the first for me, sky giving money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th.

Native river because I think the old dog has one last big race to win.

Also have a small e/w on Aso, with sky paying 5 places I think he may be able.to sneak in at the tail end of them so fingers crossed.

Will pick more as the day goes on and we start getting reports about horses/jockeys/ground etc

G'luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,885 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Tenner accumulator for Rachael's 5 mounts to win 2.3 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Kemboy to rise from the dead and deliver the gold cup at 20/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The appeal of Gabynako in the martin pipe is eminently understandable but i suspect there are at least a couple of potential handicap blots lurking there. Folcano and Commanding presence are two I'd be wary of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,439 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have backed Al Boom Photo for the Gold Cup, but I'd like to see Champ win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

The gold cup is set up for a Frodon win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

MattChap will only be delighted to share his charm with BFrost. Its been a quiet festival 21 for Frost but Frodon and Frost are in my memory bank for winning the Ryanairchase in 2019. My mega fantasy bet is on Champ to WIN, wish Barry was on Champ ,Barry had two winners in 2019 on the same ticket as Frodon, Siruhdulac, Paisleypark, Anysecondnow happy memories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

1.20- Quilixios
    1.55- Champagne Gold/Drop the Anchor
    2:30 Ngolo (Ante Post) Could be one for the flat though.
    3.05 Kemboy. A Plus Tard (Ante Post)
    3.40 Stand up and fight.

Haven't had a look at the last two properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

E.W. double

1.55 Gowel Road 12/1
    2.30 Alaphilippe 12/1

E.W L.31

1.55 Gowel Road 12/1
    2.30 Alaphilippe 12/1
    3.05 Frodon 16/1
    3.40 Bob And Co 9/2
    4.50 Fire Attack 12/1

Have to stick a tenner e.w. on Santini 11/1, because I'm a romantic fool. Or, possibly just a fool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Rewatched last year County Hurdle and Buildmeupbuttercup travelled really really well. While she finished 4th, the 2/3/4th had nothing between them, beaten by Saint Roi on the day. Think she has a great chance here and at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Like Lostintranslation in GC 25/1. Close 3rd in last years renewal, a few bad runs this season when stable horrifically out of form. Showed glimpses of ability lto in Newbury, should set him up for today. Great ew value.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I'm already on the beers for a day of racing. My weekend is going to be hell. I was feeling it from 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

naraicjul wrote: »
    Howdie folks

Where can you get these place acca odds please?

If you’re doing small stakes then go ew accum, you won’t sleep for months if you do a place accum and they all win

Chesty has inspired me to try one of these place accas.

Barbados Bucks
    Frodon
    Bob and Co
    Langer Dan

74/1

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

with bet365 ITV 4/1 winner offer I never really paid much notice to it but I don't recall ever receiving a message telling me I had a free bet in the next race after I had a winner. Anybody availed of it this week and did you get confirmation that you were getting it? Also, I assume it expires if you don't bet on the next ITV race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

begbysback wrote:
    If you’re doing small stakes then go ew accum, you won’t sleep for months if you do a place accum and they all win

You would be just as sick if all bar one win doing e/w, best to split the e/w stakes in place only and win only

clevtrev wrote: »
    with bet365 ITV 4/1 winner offer I never really paid much notice to it but I don't recall ever receiving a message telling me I had a free bet in the next race after I had a winner. Anybody availed of it this week and did you get confirmation that you were getting it? Also, I assume it expires if you don't bet on the next ITV race

You would normally get a prompt when you make a selection , i.e use cash or free bet, in my experience on other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I’m nicely in profit with money to withdraw from days 1-3 even with today’s generous bets placed, have had an absolute blast this year!

Since I’m playing with the bookies money, I’ve gone with a load of interesting E/W contenders today.

13:20 Adagio E/W
    13:55 Strong Glance E/W, small stake on Mengli Khan E/W
    14:30 Adrimel E/W and Alaphilippe E/W
    15:05 Native River E/W and Royale Pagaille E/W
    15:40 Hazel Hill E/W and Mr Mantilla E/W
    16:15 Zambella E/W and Magic of Light E/W
    16:50 Martinhal E/W

None of these may come in but it’ll be a fun day nonetheless. I think they have decent placing chances for their odds, especially with lots of extra places on offer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

clevtrev wrote: »

If you back a horse 4-1 or better and he wins, then your 'risk free' bet can be put on the next race. You use our own funds to place the bet and if it doesn't come through Bet365 will refund you. You won't get a prompt to place this bet, it's up to you to do. You can bet the equivalent of your original stake for the 4-1 (or better) win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Tritonic turning into an each way bet to nothing.

Like Gowel Road in the 1.55

With A Plus Tard and Frodon making running (possibly) there will be no hiding place in Gold Cup, and I think if SANTINIIII can lie up with leaders, Nicky and Nico:P Aidan have got a right good chance in this.. I think the poshest jockey has picked wrong horse :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭dmakc

Vanilier 2.30 shortening from 22 to 14s last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

With A Plus Tard and Frodon making running (possibly) there will be no hiding place in Gold Cup, and I think if SANTINIIII can lie up with leaders, Nicky and Nico:P Aidan have got a right good chance in this.. I think the poshest jockey has picked wrong horse :pac:

Native River will take them along, A Plus Tard won’t make it. Blackmore will give A Plus Tard the same ride Robbie Power gave Sizing John. This is the best Gold Cup in years, after a couple of very poor renewals this is the strongest field probably since 2008 or 2009.

What radio station is covering cheltenham, internet or otherwise. I thought BBC radio 5 did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

haven’t got excited in recent years for the gold cup and today is the same, don’t feel like it has any superstars. can’t warm to al boum photo even though he’s a very good horse and a dual winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Motivator wrote: »
    Native River will take them along, A Plus Tard won’t make it. Blackmore will give A Plus Tard the same ride Robbie Power gave Sizing John. This is the best Gold Cup in years, after a couple of very poor renewals this is the strongest field probably since 2008 or 2009.

2010 had Kauto Star Denman and Imperial Commander, 2011 the 3 above plusLong Run. Easily stronger fields than today imo

What radio station is covering cheltenham, internet or otherwise. I thought BBC radio 5 did it.

?? ffs, does anyone round here , apart from myself, know anything?
    I just want to get the races on the wireless!!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

Mid West Radio.

• Advertisement

Timeform.com do all race meetings everyday.

Advertisement