Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19th March '21 Gold Cup day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

APT really clouted one, maybe 7 from home i think. Dont know if it made any material difference though, a long way from home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Earlier on, one of the presenters was talking to HDB, and bigging up A Plus Tard... "I have Minella Indo too " says Henry :pac: Think Rachael was a bit p1553d off she didn't win.... :P Was waiting to see her give Jack a pat on the back - I don't think she did :pac:

just showed her congratulating him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

dobman88 wrote: »
    Been backing AL BOUM PHOTO for weeks at this stage. Rachael has me spooked with the form she is in but I'm sticking with ABP. My 2nd biggest bet ever so will be the icing on an already great week if he wins.

Once I realised Al Boum Photo was gone i absolutely roared Jack home. A very worthy winner and genuinely delighted for him after all the trouble hes been through. Joins Bryan Copper as Kerry men to win the Gold Cup. Brilliant for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

Feel like I am chasing losses now, but went for Porlock Bay e/w in the next. Has moved from 22s to 14s on PP.

As long as you're enjoying yourself and not worrying about who wins or loses, just worrying they get a fair ride and your selection is given a good shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

delighted for Henry de bromhead some trainer and an absolute gent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭dobman88

APT really clouted one, maybe 7 from home i think. Dont know if it made any material difference though, a long way from home.

I dont think Minella Indo was for catching tbh. Rachael put a decent amount of effort into keeping Townend out but Minella Indo still finished very strongly.

The english performance isnt that shocking, it's the scale of it i suppose. Nicholls hasnt been a real top force for a decade, Henderson has just been ticking along, one or two stars keeping him going. The up and comers like skelton dont really have the money behind them and tizzard only briefly flattered. This has been steadily building over several years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Townend is no Ruby.. or Rachael.... Don't think he exactly gave CPS a peach in the Champion Chase either.

He did give it a peach, horse found zero off the bridle, gave it every chance

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

FiftyP wrote: »
    As long as you're enjoying yourself and not worrying about who wins or loses, just worrying they get a fair ride and your selection is given a good shake.

Ah yeah, I am still up for the week, and only had a bad day today so far. Can't but enjoy it given how well the Irish are doing :D

I never get too loose with money- which is why I never go on rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

wonder does Skelton still think willie has no opposition in Ireland?? Cheltenham results should put him back in his box for a while

• Advertisement

R Blackmore:

Day:

1. 1 winner
    2. 2 winners
    3. 2 winners
    4. 1 (so far) winner

Can't have happened too often that a jock has had at least 1 winner a day at the festival, since it went to 4 days.. Magnificent achievement. Fantastic jockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

dobman88 wrote: »
    Once I realised Al Boum Photo was gone i absolutely roared Jack home. A very worthy winner and genuinely delighted for him after all the trouble hes been through. Joins Bryan Copper as Kerry men to win the Gold Cup. Brilliant for him.

What was the trouble he went through? Not trying to be nosey but it seems public knowledge. A ban for something? Or losing rides/confidence of trainers? He's been giving fantastic rides to horses this week, which shows there's a real stable of top jockeys (I heard he's young enough at 27) coming through, and they should all get their chance. The Bryan Cooper fella you mention is someone I'd look to as well.

All that being said, it's easy to look at winners and those being placed and saying, "They're good jockeys." But Kennedy has taken his chance, as has Cooper earlier in the week. And Blackmore is a star.

(And as you can read I'm feeling full of myself after a win in the Gold Cup. :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

akelly02 wrote: »
    He did give it a peach, horse found zero off the bridle, gave it every chance

Thank god your not giving riding instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

FiftyP wrote: »
    What was the trouble he went through? Not trying to be nosey but it seems public knowledge. A ban for something? Or losing rides/confidence of trainers? He's been giving fantastic rides to horses this week, which shows there's a real stable of top jockeys (I heard he's young enough at 27) coming through, and they should all get their chance. The Bryan Cooper fella you mention is someone I'd look to as well.

All that being said, it's easy to look at winners and those being placed and saying, "They're good jockeys." But Kennedy has taken his chance, as has Cooper earlier in the week. And Blackmore is a star.

(And as you can read I'm feeling full of myself after a win in the Gold Cup. :P )

He's made of glass

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

R Blackmore:

Day:

1. 1 winner
    2. 2 winners
    3. 2 winners
    4. 1 (so far) winner

Can't have happened too often that a jock has had at least 1 winner a day at the festival, since it went to 4 days.. Magnificent achievement. Fantastic jockey.

And 4 falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭laguacamaya

Have a last fling dbl on Billaway/Eliemay @ 15/1...But It Came To Pass a great ew bet here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Its just the number of yards that have next to nothing to contend is stark there are still quite a few costly pointers and ex flat in training but with little impact it seems .Champion jockey at a micky mouse meeting at the same time is embarrassing as well i think would never normally happen .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Luke Harvey :pac:

Sean Bowen rode himself into some trouble on Bob & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Feel like I am chasing losses now, but went for Porlock Bay e/w in the next. Has moved from 22s to 14s on PP.

Close! But looks like you have it

• Advertisement

Frozen Veg wrote: »
    And 4 falls.

A mickey mouse record that would be :pac: No falls or unseats on day 1, or today (so far).. All the greats fall.. Sometimes trying to win is better than trying not to lose , although I do think she could have (being very critical) went gung-ho at the last on APT, and perhaps might have gained a length.. Fine margins.

Haha.

What a result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Rachel Top Jockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fair play Rachel she's some man.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

We will never see so many Irish winners at Cheltenham ever again lads, enjoy the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

right, last little flutter. shattered love and gabynako in the last 2

Fair play Rachel she's some man.

Remember Charlie "Balls of Steel" Swan. Dont know what the female equivalent is, but she is it.

Withdrew all bar €2 of my weekly winnings back into my bank account.

Using that €2 to do a €1 e/w double to round off a fun week:

16.15: Magic of Light 10/1
    16/50: Gabynako 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭GillLebowski

Remember Charlie "Balls of Steel" Swan. Dont know what the female equivalent is, but she is it.

Rachael "Tits of Iron" Blackmore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is there any love here for throwing a few quid on Cabaret Queen at the 16:15?

Advertisement