Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19th March '21 Gold Cup day

Options
  • 08-03-2021 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Three in a row??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Still praying that The Shunter goes in the county hurdle. Seems it's a toss up between County Hurdle and PP plate.

There's the matter of a €300 @ 25/1 at stake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

maximo31 wrote: »
    Three in a row??

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Darc19 wrote: »
    Still praying that The Shunter goes in the county hurdle. Seems it's a toss up between County Hurdle and PP plate.

Nice! Multiple bets or what bookie was kind enough to take that?

Nice! Multiple bets or what bookie was kind enough to take that?

Unibet

Single bet.

I'm not a regular punter, new account too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Something Dave Jennings mentioned on the Upping the Ante... Gabynako in the Martin Pipe if Bob Olinger & Blue Lord run well... given how they ran - surely a great basis of the Naas form back in Jan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Something Dave Jennings mentioned on the Upping the Ante... Gabynako in the Martin Pipe if Bob Olinger & Blue Lord run well... given how they ran - surely a great basis of the Naas form back in Jan!

Spotted that one but I’m wondering about the ground, he hasn’t gone on anything better than soft. The horse was an expensive buy and Cromwell is a genius so I imagine a big run is coming but as mentioned the ground is the unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Any jock going to take the Crown from the Queen of Killenaule tomorrow???

Champ to win the gold cup for me although I'd have more confidence if BarryG came out or retirement...

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

After Allaho and Mount Ida today, I'm all in on Champ and Colreevy tomorrow.

Threw Titronic in for the treble too because why not.

Like the look of You Raised Me Up in the County tomorrow. Currently 8/1. Going to lump on it, and do a place to cover the cost of the win bet.

Tritonic in the Triumph @ 7/2 .... Looks a great price

Milkwood , who I think may relish the good ground ew 25/1 in County

Plus an ew dble

Hope SANTINIIIII wins the big un :pac: He's due one :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭FiftyP

I genuinely thought going into Thursday that my account (that I put money in for Cheltenham) would be empty at the end of the day. Now I'm looking at, with an outside chance, getting back to break even by the end of Friday. It's a beautiful festival, but aside from the beauty I'm thinking, "Place your bets tomorrow, you'll get better odds!" Which shows how it has its hooks in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FiftyP wrote: »
    , "Place your bets tomorrow, you'll get better odds!" Which shows how it has its hooks in me.

There is a lot of factors there to be thinking you'll be getting better odds tomorrow and not worse.

There is a lot of factors there to be thinking you'll be getting better odds tomorrow and not worse.

If I've picked a winner the odds are 100%.

Go on you mad devil. I've even picked two horses in two races tomorrow. Let's go wild because my account isn't empty!

1.20 Adagio 14/1 ew 3 places
    1.55 You Raised Me Up 12/1 ew 6 places
    2.30 Threeunderthrufive 11/1 ew 4 places
    3.05 Minello Indo 9/1 ew 4 places
    3.40 Stalker Wallance 8/1 ew 4 places
    3.40 Chameron 16/1 ew 4 places
    4.15 Shattered Love 13/2 ew 4 places
    4.15 Chili Filli 66/1 ew 4 places
    (Take four/4 places)
    4.50 Mill Green 25/1 ew 5 places

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FiftyP wrote: »
    Go on you mad devil. I've even picked two horses in two races tomorrow. Let's go wild because my account isn't empty!

1.20 Adagio 14/1 ew 3 places
    1.55 You Raised Me Up 12/1 ew 6 places
    2.30 Threeunderthrufive 11/1 ew 4 places
    3.05 Minello Indo 9/1 ew 4 places
    3.40 Stalker Wallance 8/1 ew 4 places
    3.40 Chameron 16/1 ew 4 places
    4.15 Shattered Love 13/2 ew 4 places
    4.15 Chili Filli 66/1 ew 4 places
    (Take four/4 places)
    4.50 Mill Green 25/1 ew 5 places

Just go on live chat and tell them they may as well pay out now as you're gonna smash it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

13:20 Zanahiyr
    13:55 Third Time Lucki & had backed Petit Mouchoir a few days ago at 25/1, up to 33/1 now
    14:30 Torygraph
    15 :05 A Plus Tard
    15:40 Staker Wallace
    16:15 Shattered Love
    16:50 Gentleman De Mee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Streets of Doyen 2.30 form franked by flooring porter, getting smashed already was 20s earlier around 8s now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

I have backed petite mouchoir ew at 33s
    I had backed the bollox off this ante post nrnb for this race last year. Same thinking applies n I would vomit if it won n I wasn't on. 2.5 pt ew

Backed captain kangaroo ew 33s bet 365 as well. Some decent form and u think this type of race n good ground will suit. 1 pt ew

Gold cup.
    Al boom wins for me. I did not think we would get 3s. Should be 6/4.
    4 pts win

Triumph
    Zanihyar serious impressed me at leopardstown. If there is a freak on this race it's him. I thought that day that he would be better on a sounder surface hope tomorrow he proves me right.
    Not my type of bet but I have doubled him with Al boom n trebled with elimay.

Mares.
    Cracking race. It's between the top 3. Elimays form couldn't be better n she should win. The ground should suit her more than the other 2.
    Shattered love an ew bet to nothing though.
    I backed colreevy at limerick n if it was soft she would have a better chance. 3 cracking mares n should be a great race.
    2 pts ew shattered love

Foxhunters.
    It comes to pass looks great value at 8s. Won last year no reason can't go close again 1pt ew 4 places.

Have added streets of doyen in the novice 3 miler and gabynako in the Martin pipe. Both have some serious form.

Just go on live chat and tell them they may as well pay out now as you're gonna smash it tomorrow.

It's talk like that that get's you looking at accumulators. AKA the dark business!

Torygraph in the Albert Bartlett.

Demolition job on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I hope so, have him in an AP treble with Galvin and Sir Gerhard

Darc19 wrote: »

Feckin going mad at Emmet Mullins :D

He would have won whatever race he was entered into looking at how he won today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Like the look of this one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

1.20 Zanahiyr and Quilixios both have form through Saint Sam. Doesn't seem a lot between them so I think Quilixios may be slightly over priced.

1.55 Ganapathi is favourite but the fact they felt this was a Supreme horse after its run in Cork shows it has talent. May be unexposed.

2.30 Streets of Doyen. Beat Flooring Porter in October racking up a few wins including C/D before being run over an inadequate trip last time in prep for this.

3.05 Al Boum Photo. No matter what he wins his form is picked at. Nothing in behind seems to be an obvious improver other that maybe Champ who's jumping seems to let it down at times. Royal Pagaille it would seem the ground has gone against him.

3.40 Don't know enough about this sphere.

4.05 Elimay. Price is gone after the Allaho romp. Always backed Shattered Love if on her form can run a place.

4.50 Gaynako. Anyone that sees this now back it now. Price is crashing. Mistake last time out put it out of the race. Race previous finished 3rd to Bob Olinger and Blue Lord winner of Ballymore and should of been second in the Supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

1.20 Zanahiyr and Quilixios both have form through Saint Sam. Doesn't seem a lot between them so I think Quilixios may be slightly over priced.

1.55 Ganapathi is favourite but the fact they felt this was a Supreme horse after its run in Cork shows it has talent. May be unexposed.

2.30 Streets of Doyen. Beat Flooring Porter in October racking up a few wins including C/D before being run over an inadequate trip last time in prep for this.

3.05 Al Boum Photo. No matter what he wins his form is picked at. Nothing in behind seems to be an obvious improver other that maybe Champ who's jumping seems to let it down at times. Royal Pagaille it would seem the ground has gone against him.

3.40 Don't know enough about this sphere.

4.05 Elimay. Price is gone after the Allaho romp. Always backed Shattered Love if on her form can run a place.

4.50 Gaynako. Anyone that sees this now back it now. Price is crashing. Mistake last time out put it out of the race. Race previous finished 3rd to Bob Olinger and Blue Lord winner of Ballymore and should of been second in the Supreme.

Fully agree on Gaynako. 3 pts win for me.

Would the ground worry you for streets of doyen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Last day, let's hope it's a profitable one

Triumph

I couldn't believe Tritonic was fav for this race up till a few days ago. But the market has got it about right now.
    Zanahiyr has the best form and is the best horse in the race.

County

A minefield to work out but like Mrs Milner today, I've gone for an Irish trainer sending just the 1 runner across. Liz Doyles Cayd Boy currently 18/1 with 6 places.
    I've also had an ew on Darasso at 50/1 7 places with pp. How has he managed to get in here off 147 ?

AB

Streets of Doyen's form got a big boost today and is a C&D winner and will love the ground.

Gold Cup

I think its mental that APT is vying for fav. Not saying he won't win but ABP should be clear fav for the race.
    Having said that he's now become a very backable price.
    I really hope he can do it.

Hunter

No interest

Mares Chase

At the prices now I'll take a chance on Shattered Love

Martin Pipe

Frontal Assault with Jordan Gainford taking the 7lbs off.
    Have also backed Floueur who has moved to JOB yard. The last 3 top weights have won this race and if Cayd Boy performs well it will give the form a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Like the look of this one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's Rachel riding tomorrow?

Frodon and Bryony are surely not going to do it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭deeks

Keep coming back to Saint D’Oroux in the County. Champagne gold finished 1 place and 5 lengths in front of it at leopardstown. Saint D’Oroux is 5 lbs better off but is 28/1 as against 11/2 for Champagne Gold. Must be worth an ew punt with 7 places on offer.

Advertisement