Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

What time did the site come out of maintenance yesterday. I logged on at about 4.55 and it was already queuing.didn’t get in till 9.45.

Roughly 4:50 i'd say. I was put into a pre-queue queue at 4:52. I tried at 4:45 and it was under maintenance then.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonymous08

Roughly 4:50 i'd say. I was put into a pre-queue queue at 4:52. I tried at 4:45 and it was under maintenance then.

Thanks. Early timing could be a critical factor but who knows with that website

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Louis Friend

I think there’s definitely something with the quality of the device.

I started queuing at 4.50 with three devices, an iPhone 12 Pro, an old iPad, and a laptop.

The iPhone 12 Pro was always way ahead and was the one that got me the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

I think there’s definitely something with the quality of the device.

I started queuing at 4.50 with three devices, an iPhone 12 Pro, an old iPad, and a laptop.

The iPhone 12 Pro was always way ahead and was the one that got me the tickets.

You know you were just using a browser, right?

You know you were just using a browser, right?

That’s incredibly helpful.

The point is that the newest device using the most up to date version of IOS/Safari thrashed an older iPad, and a laptop using Chrome and Internet Explorer.

There is learning in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

That’s incredibly helpful.

The point is that the newest device using the most up to date version of IOS/Safari thrashed an older iPad, and a laptop using Chrome and Internet Explorer.

There is learning in that.

:rolleyes: No, there really isn't. It's a browser. Correlation != causation. (That said, I'll obviously be wearing my lucky shirt for the England game tomorrow!)

Unless you were using IE7 with every "free toolbar!!11!!" installed, the performance difference - especially as you just sat in the queue watching a progress bar - is literally negligible. Your iPhone was "luckier" than your iPad and laptop getting you a place in the queue that didn't later crash to an error page. My Chrome browser on a 5-y-old Windows desktop did the same for me on Monday morning. Some of my friends, using multiple devices, and a variety of browsers, weren't so lucky, on Monday or Wednesday. Others were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

In 2015 I just waited for the resales etc and got tickets for pretty much anything I wanted including the final (albeit luckily as England were knocked out early).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

techdiver wrote: »
    In 2015 I just waited for the resales etc and got tickets for pretty much anything I wanted including the final (albeit luckily as England were knocked out early).

Resales were how we all sorted ourselves for Japan as well but that was only because none of us got anything in round 1.

In the end 26 of us were over there and got to go to everything we wanted. Ireland v Japan was the toughest of the lot unsurprisingly. I had to give up final ticket to boot!

Now as it stands, 6 of us are sorted out

Resales are where the real fun starts.

I see that if Ireland don’t make the Quarters, your money for that ticket is refunded.

Makes sense I guess, so the Scots get the tickets (assuming the Boks are safe).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I couldn't be arsed queuing for this so far out from the event. What are the chances of getting a late ticket for any random match in Marseille?

• Advertisement

I couldn't be arsed queuing for this so far out from the event. What are the chances of getting a late ticket for any random match in Marseille?

I have some string here for you to measure.

You'll get tickets for any game you want if you put in the effort, whether that effort is general sales for packs, individual tickets, the resales or stalking forums, twitter, facebook and the streets outside the Velodrome, is up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/news/624530

At least some acknowledgement that the website wasnt fit for purpose this week.
    "Many fans experienced issues” is a bit of an understatement.
    While thousands of fans have successfully bought the packs they desired via these initial sales phases with the full allocation of city and team packs currently available now sold (more than 600,000 tickets), we recognise that the experience for many fans was frustrating.

While queuing is inevitable owing to the scale of the global demand for packs, we appreciate that many fans experienced issues on the organising committee’s official ticketing website.

We recognise the disappointment of fans who have missed out on securing packs during these opening phases owing to the demand or other issues. We would like to assure them that we take their experience very seriously and have sought assurances from the organising committee that every effort will be made to resolve any platform-related issues in advance of the general public sale beginning on 6 April at 18:00 CET.

A further 350,000 tickets will be available within City and Follow My Team packs across all four categories in this upcoming general public sale. Fans are reminded that ticket-inclusive packages are also available via the tournament’s Official Travel Agents at travel2023.rugbyworldcup.com.

While it is tempting when demand is high to look to alternative unofficial methods of securing tickets, fans should be aware that any tickets sold through these channels will be cancelled. Fans will be able to use a secure official resale platform to resell tickets for matches they are unable to attend. The purpose of this platform is to ensure that tickets are secured by genuine fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr chips 55

I dunno. I can sympathise with some who missed out and feels down, or not happy with some of the technology and queueing issues, but you see so many people demanding this and that because they couldn't get through to the ticketing website, almost as if they feel like they are entitled to tickets just because they waited 4-6 hours. Do they not realise that this isn't really some sort of orderly polite bakery queue but more like a race? There is a finite number of tickets available for each match in each price category in each allocation, and it is in RWC's best interest that they drip as few tickets as possible in each release to keep everyone hooked and upselling all other products over the prolonged period. Of course there was no more of whatever they wanted four hours later. Bringing back the "availability charts" would solve some problems of people being surprised that their number one choice isn't there anymore.

This happens every big tournament when you get to the "first come first serve" part of a ticket sale. There's a fine line between venting, being sad, but grown men/woman acting like absolute idiots on Twitter crying to France2023 and trying to involve press and trying to make a scene out of nothing - this is absolutely normal and exactly what the organisers want to happen. People then complaining about seeing ticket touts prices as if the struggle to attain tickets had any relevance whatsoever to ticket tout websites advertising their tickets. And people saying ignorant remarks about (or blaming it all on) "the French" doing this and that tsk tsk as if that has anything to do with it.

And we are so so so far away from the tournament right now - 900 days till the opener. In full agreement with the poster above who said no one needs to worry and in the end you get whatever you want, but especially for people who are actually "disheartened" or "lost all interest in the World Cup", "worst Rugby World Cup of all time" or whatever other dramatic over-the-top feeling - relax. (and I shall relax too, rant over).

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Ah man.
    It's fair, most of us are happy to go through the queue process and got as far getting tickets in the basket but it failed at this stage.

So to take your bakery analogy. You queue up nice and orderly on a Saturday morning. Get into the shop, greeted with a smile (at least I think as the staff member is wearing a mask!). You see plenty of Rye Bread there, you request 2. Get handed the bread and then get kicked out the shop without making payment and bread taken from you.
    No explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sanfranbest

I dunno. I can sympathise with some who missed out and feels down, or not happy with some of the technology and queueing issues, but you see so many people demanding this and that because they couldn't get through to the ticketing website, almost as if they feel like they are entitled to tickets just because they waited 4-6 hours. Do they not realise that this isn't really some sort of orderly polite bakery queue but more like a race? There is a finite number of tickets available for each match in each price category in each allocation, and it is in RWC's best interest that they drip as few tickets as possible in each release to keep everyone hooked and upselling all other products over the prolonged period. Of course there was no more of whatever they wanted four hours later. Bringing back the "availability charts" would solve some problems of people being surprised that their number one choice isn't there anymore.

This happens every big tournament when you get to the "first come first serve" part of a ticket sale. There's a fine line between venting, being sad, but grown men/woman acting like absolute idiots on Twitter crying to France2023 and trying to involve press and trying to make a scene out of nothing - this is absolutely normal and exactly what the organisers want to happen. People then complaining about seeing ticket touts prices as if the struggle to attain tickets had any relevance whatsoever to ticket tout websites advertising their tickets. And people saying ignorant remarks about (or blaming it all on) "the French" doing this and that tsk tsk as if that has anything to do with it.

And we are so so so far away from the tournament right now - 900 days till the opener. In full agreement with the poster above who said no one needs to worry and in the end you get whatever you want, but especially for people who are actually "disheartened" or "lost all interest in the World Cup", "worst Rugby World Cup of all time" or whatever other dramatic over-the-top feeling - relax. (and I shall relax too, rant over).

That is not the issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    The problem was the website not the availability of tickets,,,,,,,,I understand first come first serve,,, but to wait hours to get into the website only to be kicked back to the start of the queue is not acceptable,,,,,, I hate ticketmaster, but at least you can actually buy tickets on their website,,,,,,,,,,The RWC website was a total shambles ,,,,,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

The problem is the RWC website is trying to sell multiple 'events' all at the same time so traffic is multiplied compared to TM and there is a global number trying to access at one time.

Am not sure why they cant have certain windows for each pool....then only the people wanting tickets to those 4 countries would be trying to access the site at once instead of every countries fans at the same time.

Same concept could be used for city packs too. Say a 2 hour window for the 4 pools spread out over a day or two with gap between each.

Speaking as someone who got tickets, I think a draw would be fairer.

I seem to remember a recent enough World Cup (2015 maybe?) where we applied for tickets via a draw.

I seem to remember a recent enough World Cup (2015 maybe?) where we applied for tickets via a draw.

That was knockout only i think.

2015 and 2019 was a lottery

For all the individual matches tickets? I can't remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

For all the individual matches tickets? I can't remember.

I had 4 sets of Cat D tickets for last WC through organised tour, applied for Cat B tickets for 4 matches in ballot, got 2. So assuming it is the same process, there will be a ballot for individual matches when tickets go on general sale.

That’s what I thought. It seemed fairer.

Groups of people I would know all applied and if five lads each applied for five tickets, at least one would be successful.

That’s what I thought. It seemed fairer.

Groups of people I would know all applied and if five lads each applied for five tickets, at least one would be successful.

Yup pretty much how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tall chapy

Rant is right, as others have said the problem was the website not the availability of tickets, we all know the demand will be greater than the supply, to use your race v bakery analogy, it was a bit like Rob Heffernan walking 40 kilometers and being told to start again from the starting point with no recourse or appeal!! A small example being me being in the queue on one browser and but being able get on to the ticket page (thanks to MisterAnarchy) where I could see I was logged on but everything was more or less gone. I killed the browser as everything was gone but I was still in a queue (once all the tickets were gone, France2023 should have stopped the queue and people know, but decided to keep it going!!) It just turned out to be a complete 'Pain au chocolat'

Hello Sheep Shagger, 

We’d like to inform you that more tickets will be available from 17:00 (BST) on Tuesday 6 April 2021 in the same form of Follow My Team and City Packs.

To access this sale, you will need to be online at 17:00 (BST). Please be aware that you will not be able to join the waiting line earlier than this time. (Mmmmm not sure i believe that bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Hello Sheep Shagger, 

We’d like to inform you that more tickets will be available from 17:00 (BST) on Tuesday 6 April 2021 in the same form of Follow My Team and City Packs.

To access this sale, you will need to be online at 17:00 (BST). Please be aware that you will not be able to join the waiting line earlier than this time. (Mmmmm not sure i believe that bit)

It's the exact same sale(s) as March isn't it? Individual match tickets won't be sold until 2022, correct?

It's the exact same sale(s) as March isn't it? Individual match tickets won't be sold until 2022, correct?

Correct just more team and city packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

so everyone ready to tear their hair out again this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

mitresize5 wrote: »

I'm foolishly optimistic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

mitresize5 wrote: »

I am actually dreading it, putting a timer on it, if it looks like last time out, just will do a few packages with one of the providers.

Advertisement