Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

just received email with my booster cert...finally..after endless email requests on the covid gov website to only receive the 2 jab cert

3rd injection on 6/1/22 via GP, and received today via email 7/2/22

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Good to hear it worked out for you and most of the time it probably does too. There are many of us though with the correct details in the system, yet it still doesn't work for us. All it takes is one minor change in some detail between doses and there's a problem. In my case it's more about technically inept people using a faulty system which for some mystical reason cannot connect the dots between data entries to see that a person receiving their second dose in the summer is the same one receiving the third one in the winter. I have no clue how an error like that can happen if like they say, they check all the details including birth dates, phone numbers etc. Clearly they are able to create several accounts for one person with the same personal details. I have a degree in computer science so how this sort of thing can happen is really puzzling for me.

I have now been waiting for almost 50 days and probably will wait until two months has passed before I get my cert. In my case, the original vaccine registration portal didn't work in the first place either and I ended up calling the HSE to arrange for appointments so there's that. It's just incredible that people have to wait for ages and cannot download their own certificates, instead they have to wait for them to be emailed. There has to be big fundamental flaws in the system and how it has been designed and built. This should be a straightforward thing and it is in several other countries but I don't know why it is so difficult here.

Oh well... I'll update here if and when I finally get my cert. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I received doses 1+2 in Northern Ireland and the booster in my local GP clinic before Christmas.

I have an Irish-issued cert for the first two doses, but no sign of the booster cert. Was on with live chat, and was given a case number and email address to send on details. Any idea when I expect to hear on this? Supposed to be travelling at the weekend. 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

Is it fair to say it looks like no-one cares? This measure seems to be sailing through some parallel universe, regardless of its pointlessness.

It seems to be solely intended to bludgeon people into getting boosters. And it seems to be, largely, working.

What email address were you told to contact? I have a case number and was told I could use it to contact them regarding my cert but wasn't given an email address so I'm wondering what to do with the case number if there's nowhere to contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Croohur1

Sorry if this question has been asked before. We are going on a family holiday to Greece on the 8th of June. As of now, Greece will let EU citizens in without a test needed as long as the Covid Cert is 270 days valid. My teenager has had two shots and her Covid Cert would run out on the 12th of June. We havent decided (nor has our child) on whether she needs or wants a booster. Does anyone know does the 270 days include the duration of the trip (in which case her Cert would not be valid), or just the arrival into Greece?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Needs to be valid for arrival back into Ireland.

Would need a PCR test coming home as things stand today without the booster

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Croohur1

Thanks for that. I'm guessing she may well have got it at that stage in which case it isnt an issue, but good to know where we are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Like you'll get into Greece no bother but it'd be invalid for coming back to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dccdocs@health.gov.ie -- was told to quote the case number in the email body and put 'vaccine' in the subject line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Nicks delight

Ha, the Covid Passport is the most useless certificate ever. It does nothing more than forcing compliance in exchange for freedom to move around.....Hitler would have been proud of that idea.

The Covid Passport only serve to create segregation, division, alienation, ingroup outgroup, tribal thinking, making some people less than humans so powers-at-be can treat them badly and coerce compliance.

it did nothing for reducing the spread of the virus. Now the virus is nothing more than a flu, a strong cold...so kill the useless Covid Passport. We already have a normal passport and it works perfectly fine.

No point in arguing about the virus as some people will never get it unless they get it (ha!)... I'm tired of hearing people whine selfishly about entitlement and not understanding the concept of a contagious systemic disease but whatever, in one ear and out the other. Freedom? As if anyone is free.

For those of us however who want their cert because we took the booster and want to be able to travel without constant testing, here's some news for you. Apparently there's still 40 000 of us waiting for someone to fix "administrative errors". 🙄😴

Strange how the Examiner is the only news media writing about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Hi,

I got my booster and a subsequent certificate from HSE with QR code. How do I update my covid tracker app on my phone with the new certificate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Derkaiser93

I'm heading to New york in a couple of weeks. I've seen that instead of needing a test , if you have had covid in the last 90 days (which I did) you don't have to get tested once you have proof of your positive test and also proof of recovery from a healthcare provider. Has anyone done this recently and do they know do I need to get this off my gp or would the HSE recovery cert work for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any chance the EU proposals on an extension to the Covid passport will fail to be voted in?

When they start sending the cert, they really make sure they send it... I finally got my cert... three times! Late last night they sent me the old one stating my second dose in July (2 out of 2), then a minute later another one stating the booster in December (3 out of 3). Ok fine... but this morning I woke up to receive another cert, booster again but it had a different identifier code than the one sent during the night. So which one is the correct one? I'm thinking the last one but not sure if I have to now contact them again to see if they truly fixed the duplicate account problem. Maybe the system kept sending certs while they were fixing it? I don't know but it's bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

I thought Sweden didn't require valid EU DCC either but could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

I wold say the 270 days must include the duration of the holiday.A booster jab has an indefinite expiry right now.

• Advertisement

And unknown numbers with no vaccines or 2 and not getting a booster-travel plans out da window for next few years then.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭VillageIdiot71

You’re right, Sweden doesn’t require it.

It will be interesting to see if there is any opposition to extension tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone else noticed the media narrative of boosters being REQUIRED for EU travel?

that’s not strictly true at all, you can get the cert with a negative PCR or proof of recovery. The booster is just another way of obtaining the cert. Yet RTE et al are only focusing on the need to have the booster to travel - no mention of the proof of negative PCR or recovery at all. It’s very frustrating, and very misleading.

True but no chance of getting stuck abroad once you have your certs. I plan to get the booster but only when it suits me, no current plans to travel abroad. Obviously won't bother if the DCC is dropped.

The fact that this is likely to be place until the middle of next year is incredible, particular when more and more countries are dismissing them domestically.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭DLink

I hope I'm wrong, but with France pushing hard against people who refuse to get vaccinated, and Germany pushing hard against the unvaccinated also, there's no chance of it being dropped at a European level.

You'll also need boosters to visit non-EU countries trouble free.

I fear they'll be with us for another while yet.

I agree sadly, with the major players agreeing with it, it's near impossible to see it expiring this year despite the pointlessness of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

How do you get a Recovery Cert for a 12 year old ? Will a PCR from HSE be sufficient or does it need to be private ?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

If they test positive via PCR, you can get the cert 11 days after the result via the portal

https://www.covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/issue-recovery-cert/

I had to do this for a teen and they had no issues with doing the PCR test for us. Applied for cert and got one, very quickly - noted as a recovery and has an expiration date on it. Its valid for 180 days I think, so can be applied for at any time during this period

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

Several countries in the EU have stated that jabs 1 and 2 expire 270 days after the last injection and that boosters are required-no expiry yet on a booster.France and Greece for a mention.France for instance require a booster to obtain a pass sanitaire allowing entry to resaurants,bars,public buildings etc as of Feb 2022.Macron may change the rules as he is due an election campaign.Recovery certs /PCR tests are another matter-no comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

So Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and Lithuania have all ditched the EU Covid pass entry requirement? Any others I'm missing?

Advertisement