Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

The same happened to my son. He rang them to advise of a more recent positive PCR and got the new cert a day or two later. Try and get through to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭beachhead

Whoever scans your phone will have a covid cert scanner app installed on their device.You don't need one yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Apologies if this has been answered but

Can anyone explain to me how come Certificate of recovery is 180 days from FIRST positive pcr test, and not from the LAST?

Makes absolutely no sense to me

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/77952-government-advice-on-international-travel/#

• Registered Users Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Has anyone managed to get through on the 1800807008 number? I have tried about 10 times this week and been cut off every time due to how busy it is.

I also tried live chat..but it sits at a wait time of 45 minutes and never moves!

Just want copy of my cert to include booster. I tried via portal but won't accept my ID tried that about 5 times as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 XT1200

I managed to get through today at about half past two. I was advised that I was in a queue and was no.34 and that waiting time was 16 mins. This proved reasonably accurate. I received my booster in Nov. at my GP. having checked was told that my booster details were on file and I would receive my Cert before 31/01/2021. Just seemed to be a prepared response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I am thinking if say someone had covid in September then in eg December

if they got cert based on September date (first in last 6 months)

and that one expires in March

will in April they be able to generate new cert based on December that would last till June since in April December one would be the 'first in last 6 months'

can anyone confirm if this is the 'logic'?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭drawnacrol

2 hours waiting on the phone. Someone picked up and then hung up(must have pressed the wrong button). What a waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I tried to apply for the cert again from the website, just for the fun of it. I got the old cert again with the date for the second vaxx in July. I don't know what to do anymore. I've contacted them numerous times, they claim they have my details down correctly, the GP says they've sent the data of my third vaxx in December to the HSE ages ago and I'm still not getting an updated cert showing the booster. Are they ever going to send us the updated ones or have they just given up thinking no-one needs the cert anymore? I don't doubt for one second that the cert will not arrive next week or ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

same here, still nada

Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Anyone else hoping to travel in the Summer with Teens - specifically 12-15 year olds ?

Both our Kids are in this age group. Their EU DCCs will expire in early June under the new EU Rules (270 days). We are planning to travel end of June once schools close.

No plans to give Boosters to this Age group in Ireland either.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

I have a positive PCR from 3 weeks ago when I was abroad. I tried to register for a recovery cert but it seems to be only tests done in Ireland.

Is there anyway to get a recovery cert from my Brazillian PCR?

So now they've got 600 000 people waiting for their certs...

I wonder what this means: "They added they were told by the HSE that when their GP uploaded their booster dose to the system, it wasn’t added as an additional dose." Then how was it added? Not at all? All I have to prove I had the booster is the card I was given. And still they continue with the excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I had similar things...my tip...go on live chat just when it has opened. I waited about 10 minutes

Maybe that works. I've usually had to wait about two hours for someone to answer. If anyone has the patience to go there, let us know what they said this time. Moving the deadline again...? I just can't be bothered with the chat again. They always tell me the same thing, my details are fine but they don't have the booster in there, just wait and they will update it in some distant future. I've got no immediate hurry with the cert but if this drags on until April, it will make traveling pretty difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

absolutely **** hilarious.

you ring them now, listen to the 4 minutes of shite at the start that sounds like it was recorded on a nokia 3210, then you select 'i want to talk to someone' and the reply now is "all our agents are busy. call back later"

and it hangs up on you.. absolute joke.

I received my updated Cert by email this morning after receiving the booster in Nov. This evening at half six I received another Cert. This Cert had not the booster added but the date of my second vaccine. Total incompetence as usual. Pi$$ up and Brewery spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭paulocon2

Hi,

I have a similar issue, spoke to GP and they have submitted my details. Just wondering where I can find the Live Chat facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I got a positive test from RocDoc in Swords (booked through HSE). They never asked for my PPSN, will I still be able to get a recovery cert?

• Advertisement

Go here https://www.covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/ and then at the bottom of the page there's a link for "Get Live Chat Assistance"

So, has anyone managed to get through and talk to an actual person? Any news? They've passed the deadline and yet we hear nothing about when the certs will be updated and when we will get them. There's a bunch of us who have been told their GP submitted their details and that their details are ok at HSE but still haven't received the new cert mentioning the booster, just the old one with the second dose if you apply for one from the website.

How is this not bigger news? If there's 600 000 of us you'd think there'd be a bigger uproar about it. I didn't take three doses and suffer the side effects just to be told next time I travel that I need to take the PCR test because some eejits cannot figure out how to update a database and send me my bloody cert while my spouse can happily travel with the cert that was delivered ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭paulocon2

Thanks for that. Coincidentally, my cert arrived in today. Got the booster in the week before Christmas.

Hoping to travel in April so great to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Interesting when you read the Q&A information re the EU Digital Covid Cert before it was implemented last year re vaccination validity time scale:

“There is no maximum validity foreseen for vaccination certificates, as this will depend on emerging scientific evidence as to the length of protection of the different vaccines.”

It was introduced in June 2021, and by September Pfizer were out with the vaccine waning headlines. Next up, use of the cert to go about daily lives in one’s country. France are now basically forcing boosters on its population.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

folks, just for my own recovery cert issue i was having.

I had covid twice in 4 months, they DONT issue an updated recovery cert until the previous one has expired past its 6 months.

mine expired on the 30th of Jan, applied again for a new recovery cert and this time, its the updated one with the Xmas date of infection on it.

I'm flying next week to Spain which is why i was eager to get mine, but you have to wait until your previous recovery cert has expired before you can apply for your newer one.

again, this relates to recovery certs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks very heavy handed going into the summer when it will be consensus the pandemic is over

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

So no cert expiry date for the booster. Despite the fact the effect of the booster lasts weeks. If you're jabbed in November... sure the benefit won't last until June 2022 never mind June 2023. What a surprise though. It's not about health for some and it never was.

Only took them 50 minutes this time to answer the chat and lo and behold - the issue behind my lost booster cert has been found! 😮 😀🎉 Like I have said all along, they must have messed up somewhere between changing vaccination places and doses because someone created two duplicate accounts for me, something two different customer service agents claimed was impossible when I asked them. This time they actually had a competent person there to help out. Will now get the renewed cert once they correct the issue (hoping they will). Oh, and I was never even given a reference number before this so if you get an agent who tries to fob you off, demand them to make a case of it and give you a reference number. 

Have to say that in my case, and all my family's cases, the vaccine certificate followed 2 days after their boosters, without any issues whatsoever.

My 6 year old niece got hers by email too, exactly 2 days after the HSE vaccine clinic second dose. Couldn't have gone any smoother.

I've an elderly relative who didn't provide an email address and she got a link sent out by SMS which we were able to get the cert from and set it up on her iPhone for her, not that she's planning to use it anytime soon, but she wanted to have it. She's on her 4th dose now and I will be interested to see if the certificate updates in a few days time.

You'd wonder are a lot of people not providing valid email addresses, have not provided phone working numbers or if they're just not technically capable of checking their spam folders? A lot of people are very technically inept and will need paper certs.

I get that there might be some issues with GPs screwing up data entry, but it can't be that common, can it?!

There should be a portal for downloading your certificate though. I can't see the point of building out all that original vaccine registration portal, and not using it for more services like this. It would an ideal setup for going in and collecting your certs.

• Advertisement

Update: PPSN was not needed. Requested cert using mobile number/DOB as identifier and it came the next day.

Advertisement