Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jayno66

Has anyone had any issues with requesting the booster cert on the gov.ie self serve page? I keep getting to the 3rd step of uploading my passport and photo which it accepts and then asks me to progress to the next page. Then I click next step but the page says my ID is not confirmed. If I try to confirm it again it says my ID has been accepted and won't let me upload anything. Pretty frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

realistically it must be read "for now", imo; as in ... the two vaccines had unlimited time too one stage !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 highpath

Just to let people know. I had received my first vaccine cert by post. I had my booster on 27.11.21. I requested updated cert yesterday on the site and gave them email address, and I received my updated 3/3 cert by email this morning at 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glen123

It must be your 2nd covid that happened in Dec and they sent you the old cert when you tested positive earlier in the year? Happened to other people I know who were positive in July and again in Dec - they got July cert again when requested new one in Dec. Just get on to them and ask them to send you the updated one. This one is no good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Got my booster in a pharmacy on Dec 14, no updated cert out yet so applied online yesterday and got a reply in a few hours but it was just a copy of my old cert. Anyone know what steps i should take next?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

This happened to me yesterday! Very frustrating

was an hour on hold to helpline before I had to drop due to work.

I tried again yesterday evening and it let me request my booster certificate but what arrived overnight was my old cert.

I’ve been waiting since 10am for live chat to respond!

I was boosted 19/12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Why are ye having to upload a passport photo? Were you vaccinated outside Ireland, or is there an issue with your information on record?

My father was asked to go through this process - list full details of each vaccine, batch number etc - and then upload passport. It was because it says his details don't match the details on file. Unfortunately he doesn't have a passport so no idea how he can get the cert.

i don’t have time tomorrow to sit on hold for hours. Live chat obviously not manned at all. Not sure how I’ll resolve this now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭moby2101

I just received a text from HSE advising me to get a booster!!

My wife and i got our boosters in December in a pharmacy, she received her updated cert on Friday, all correct.

It looks like the pharmacy either misspelt my details or they didn’t upload the details!!!

We’re travelling to Austria in a few days! They require proof of booster and a negative PCR test on arrival!! Need to get this sorted asap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭ForestFire

If a positive antigen test will soon PCR test need, will this be used in the same way PCR extends vaccine requirement dates and add to you COVID pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

The exact same thing happened tonight to both my husband and myself. Checking email every day for the updated cert and get this text instead! Not very confidence-inspiring!

I’d be half tempted to go get another dose (joking!)

I’m not travelling abroad any time soon so not as urgent for me.

might be worth contacting local TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I got a booster appointment for a MVC by text message a month after I had received one from my GP. No text or email re updated covid cert yet and when I tried to request one via the portal I was told they didn't recognise my details. Last one came by post. Don't have a passport to upload. It's not urgent for me at the moment as I'm not going anywhere, but it would be good to know if they actually are aware that I've received my booster.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

God that Gov website is absolutely useless. I have the problem some of you have mentioned - that you simply can't progress to the fourth step. And they tell me to clear my cache and try other browsers. 😠 Fix your website!!

Can anyone even get through on the Live Chat? I waited 2 hours and it just kept telling me no one would be available. I haven't received my cert and doubt I will as no email was taken. I need it for travel in February, I know no other EU country who have made such a b0llox of something that far larger populations have made easy work of. -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

is the proof of booster needed cause you've more than 9 months since the second dose, or is it some local measure ? cause i always assumed the "9 month validity" only kicks in from 1st february ...

anyway, i find all this very frustrating: I have got my booster from another EU in December and I cannot add it to my irish certificate in either IRL or the other EU country (seen on reddit dutch GPs accept making such updates by phone, my irish GP doesn't !!!). the irony of it all is that ppl like me really need these certs to be updated as they're "en route" (e.g. already travelling)

• to "improve" things, I am called for dose number 4 next days, as in the country I am temporarily based now my records show I got the first dose and not a booster.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

For travel within the EU it's 9 months from the date that you got your 2nd dose and that takes effect 1st February.

It's not up to your GP though to add it in.

You need to contact the helpline on (outside of Ireland number) +353 1 903 6437

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Is that a set in stone policy that they aren't issuing paper certs for the booster? My folks don't have an email address registered with the HSE as neither has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I know someone in the same boat, they just got another booster in one of the MVC's, got their updated cert that evening. Comical. They reckoned calling the HSE to get it sorted would be too much hassle, reading posts above it seems they were probably right.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It was stated in the press release about the new certs. On the Citizens Information website it says (for those who have received a booster) that the cert will be issued:

-By email (if the HSE has your email address)

-If the HSE do not have your email address, you will get a text message about how to access your DCC.

I would say the text will just advise that you request it from the self service portal linked here previously. But it doesn't sound like it will be posted automatically anyway. However, on that self service portal you can tick a box to say you don't have email and get it posted then. I just think it's all a bit much to expect a mostly elderly group to navigate this instead of just posting them out as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Haven't yet received my cert (booster before Christmas) but today I received a text message from HSE telling me to get a booster at the GP, pharmacy or book one at their website. Well if they don't have a clue I already had mine, not expecting my cert any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Anyone know how to update greenpass with booster cert, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 highpath

FYI . You dont need PCR if you have proof of booster for Austria

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Austria is applying 2G+

Vaccinated + PCR

OR

Vaccinated + Booster

The way they use the German language is unnecessarily complex as they refer to Vaccinated + Booster as an exception from the rules

Ok so what now...? HSE doesn't deal with the certs so I contacted the government official doing so. Well, tried to contact them anyway. I requested the new certificate from their website and received a certificate listing my second vaccine, not the booster, as the date of last vaccination. In other words, they have no record of me getting the booster, thus the text message sent for me to get a booster.

I've tried getting through to their live chat portal (all attempts at calling various places have failed) but it keeps telling me there's a long queue and waiting time exceeds 45 minutes, now for two days. I think I'll try to contact my doctor's office but they'll probably tell me to contact the officials. What a mess this is turning out to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

From the antigen test portal: "Reporting a positive antigen test cannot be used as proof of recovery to get a COVID-19 recovery certificate."

So you can't/shouldn't get your booster for 3 months, you can't get a recovery certificate and at some stage you won't be allowed into pubs/restaurants/the country without proof of one or the other.

Am I missing something?

I'm just wondering, where are people being asked for their passport details on the Digital COVID Certificate Self Service Portal? When I requested for my booster certificate, they never asked anything other than names, date of birth, PPSN, mobile phone number and email address. That's it. No additional pages to add any more info.

I contacted the GP clinic for help and they said there's nothing they can do! Told me to contact the self service portal to request for a cert - which I did and comes back with the old cert. They said my vaccination details were accepted. I guess I'll be waiting on the live chat indefinitely as there's no-one there.

Has anyone managed to get their certificate sorted out after the system keeps sending them the old one?

EDIT: Got through to live chat. The person there keeps copypasting the same old stuff about how the certificates are posted after booster yadayada. "Boaster certs are automatically issued between 6th January and 24th January. Each day batches of certs are created and sent out." Apparently they are having problems with data transfers between the GPs and HSE. Doesn't though makes sense how the data is updated in such random fashion.

The outcome: Wait until 24th January for the updated cert and if it doesn't arrive by then, contact us. Nothing else you can do.

I’ve contacted a local TD and he’s taken my details (PPS no etc) so I’m hoping that will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

iI got boosted 2 months ago (immunocompromised) still no updated DCC.

I'm due a 4th dose, I gather, mid next month...whole system is chaotic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its a pretty huge gap. There are tens of thousands of people each week testing positive via the antigen tests, unable to get PCRs, at present.

It also defeats the purpose of registering a positive antigen test - why do so if you can't get a recovery cert from it?

With cases already declining presumably the PCR testing system will recover within a week or two. So they should really just issue recovery certs to any positive antigen tests for this small window of time before that happens.

Advertisement