Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 26 Match Day thread - the biggun'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I suppose I just see the fact they were both missed and to have a keeper have the chance at getting a save from two missed penalties has been lost.
    The opportunity has been lost, but I feel like your logic implies that it is preferable for a keeper with an outstanding clean sheet (at any stage in the game) is at a positive expectation when facing a penalty.

Nobody wants their keeper to face a penalty, because if we remove off target penalties from the list of possible options for a penalty, you're still sitting on a negative expectation from your keeper.

I can't accept the notion that if penalties being off target was no longer an option, that Johnstone has a points expectation of anywhere near 10 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Look I completely understand that Johnstone is also really lucky not to concede from two penalties.

My main point was that the chance of his points not being maximised or even half-maximised from two missed penalties has been lost.

I'm the type of FPL player who just wants more in these situations if I have a keeper facing a penalty, it's the way I've always been.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pereira subbed

Started him ahead of Watkins...not looking too clever now

Funny thing is though, he outscored Gundogan so far this week, and matched his returns last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

wonski wrote: »
    Maybe it is just me, and don't want to sound harsh, but complaining about this or another poster having Cancelo and not being happy with him scoring are the two most bizarre opinions posted today.

He had two penalties against him. None scored. None saved. Clean sheet is good, no?

Let's be reasonable.

How can you be annoyed by this.

Stones and I never said I wasn't happy about it just it didn't really make any difference for me. Everyone around me in leagues im in has Stones/Cancelo Dias Gudogan.

So the fact I don't have Dias whatever Stones did for me today won't really make a difference.

I can also understand about the penos. Ya clean sheet after 2 penalties is all that matters but all he was saying was it's mad that a team would miss two penos and the keeper didn't save any. That's what I was afraid of straight away when I saw two penos missed cause would have been extra points given.

Anyway we all feel different emotions during the games that's what makes it fun in here don't want to have to get into petty arguments with people like bull**** goes on between people in the Soccer forum.

I have Bamford and Martinez in this game. I guess I should be hoping for a Martinez pen save which would put me in positive territory in that situation.

See what I mean folks, maximise those points!

• Advertisement

Stones and I never said I wasn't happy about it just it didn't really make any difference for me. Everyone around me in leagues im in has Stones/Cancelo Dias Gudogan.

So the fact I don't have Dias whatever Stones did for me today won't really make a difference.

I can also understand about the penos. Ya clean sheet after 2 penalties is all that matters but all he was saying was it's mad that a team would miss two penos and the keeper didn't save any. That's what I was afraid of straight away when I saw two penos missed cause would have been extra points given.

Anyway we all feel different emotions during the games that's what makes it fun in here don't want to have to get into petty arguments with people like bull**** goes on between people in the Soccer forum.

At least somebody sees my point, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Deliberated for ages whether to go Johnstone or Areola but I just thought to myself.... West Brom are terrible at the back

Rikand wrote: »
    Deliberated for ages whether to go Johnstone or Areola but I just thought to myself.... West Brom are terrible at the back

The team's at the bottom seem to of really improved at least at the back in a lot of there games.

It's not scoring goals consistently that's gonna send them down.

El Ghazi (Watkins)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

El Gahzi goal

Watkins assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Good man Watkins, never doubted you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The team's at the bottom seem to of really improved at least at the back in a lot of there games.

Not sure where you're getting that from

West Brom 1 CS before that just so happend to be a 0-0 draw against Burnley which most people probably expected to be low scoring.

Sheff 0 CS recently unless you're counting against Bristol in a cup.

Newcastle 0 CS recently.

Fulham Improved a lot.

Feel like your comment is such a throwaway comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

West Brom 1 CS before that just so happend to be a 0-0 draw against Burnley which most people probably expected to be low scoring.

Newcastle 0 CS recently.

Fulham Improved a lot.

That’s like someone earlier said that he wanted lots of Leeds players even though they have the single game because they are flying. They’ve lost 3 of their last 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Look I completely understand that Johnstone is also really lucky not to concede from two penalties.

My main point was that the chance of his points not being maximised or even half-maximised from two missed penalties has been lost.

I'm the type of FPL player who just wants more in these situations if I have a keeper facing a penalty, it's the way I've always been.

I'm with you on that one.
    I'd be hoping for at least one save also tbh despite being delighted with 10 pts if I owned him

whilst 10 is a good score 15 would be so much sweeter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Emi save point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I kinda agree if I just saw the result and saw there was 2 penalty misses I'd be a little disappointed that at least one wasn't saved for fantasy reasons :) but if you were watching obviously you couldn't feel hard done by and be very happy you got a clean sheet as he was never saving either penalty...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

BB worth three Leeds seems a poor choice at the moment......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Emi save point

That could be copied and pasted into every match day thread at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yes at least got the Watkins assist, was tossing and turning whether to play him or not.

Newcastle 0 CS recently.

Fulham Improved a lot.

I guess I was basing it on points the defenders and keepers seem to be getting on some the teams in bottom half has improved. Johnstone is popular pick for example. Brighton had a good run going for clean sheets as well and Fulham have improved.

Newcastle and Sheffield not so much apart from them having the odd game.

• Advertisement

Struijk subbed 52'

Targett booked.

Targett booked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Sold Martinez for Ederson on my WC after having him for months.

Actually raging. :(

**** that's crazy haha!

Emi not taking goal kicks, hope there isn't a big issue.

Newcastle XI: Dúbravka; Lewis, Clark, Lascelles, Krafth; Hayden, Shelvey; Saint-Maximin, Willock, Almirón; Joelinton

Wolves XI: Patrício; Saïss, Coady, Dendoncker; Jonny, Neves, Moutinho, Semedo; Neto, Willian J, A Traoré.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Up there with the ‘Stones/Dias have scored more than they have conceded in the 16 matches they have started together this season’ quote earlier.

• Advertisement

Martinez on the 3 points now!

Advertisement