Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DGW 26 Match Day thread - the biggun'

1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Should have been a 100+ week given the matches so I'm very disappointed with that.

Salah is dead weight at this point. Need to get rid of him but also have Barnes to do this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

90(-4). 14 point BB.

Small green up to 108k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ace2007 wrote:
    DCL has 66% ownership in top 10k, despite only having 2 goals in 10 games before this GW. He was transferred in by many on hope. Ricky had 2 goals in 2 games before this GW yet was overlooked by many.

Yeah I'm very disappointed I never even considered Ricky, had him for the first few months when DCL was scoring every game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭munster87

117 (-4) gained a bit of ground on leader of my main money league.
    He hasn’t had Salah in months and I’ve been waiting for the week that that catches him but it’s slow in coming.
    I had Salah captained the week he came off the bench to haul but sure his Bruno captaincy that week lessened the effect.
    I’m looking at bringing in a few for 29, think I’ve 7 at the moment so should have 10 through free transfers and then wildcard after that to get rid of Salah. Don’t have any Chelsea at the moment and they look essential from then on.
    Up to 9k ish now so can’t complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mount ended up my best scorer despite having what on paper was the most difficult two games.

Bruno TC failed. His two clean sheet points oddly make it not as shocking looking as it puts an 18 under his name. But no returns 2 games in a row, I was hopeful of better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just because players are high ownership doesn't mean they have to score big. How many of these high ownership players had form?

DCL has 66% ownership in top 10k, despite only having 2 goals in 10 games before this GW. He was transferred in by many on hope. Ricky had 2 goals in 2 games before this GW yet was overlooked by many.

Kane, I've banged on many times that he's a one goal guy at best this season - he just doesn't take chances or isn't that far forward. His ownership was so high that folk felt like they have to get him, because if he did click you were going to be punished. His effective ownership was 158%. I only brought him in to hedge his impact.

Bruno/Gundogan- everyone has them so really if they have an off day shouldn't have any overall impact unless you captained either of them.

Salah had scored in only 3 out of last 11 league games. I gambled and bought him but I knew the risks before hand.

Stones/Dias/Martinez all return double digit scores. Son got 14 points - and he's the 2nd highest owned player in the game

If all these players scored big, the average for the week would be massive. I feel like a lot of players see their score and assume they did bad because they have this idea that DGW, 24 players, that they should get 150 points regardless of what the average is.

44 players got 10+ points this GW, so it was fairly even spread out the points.

I'd have to disagree. It was the biggest DGW ever and it just felt like such a dud. There were 17 games so 34 teams and only 5 scored more than one goal in a game of which Man City were 2 of that 5. Another 2 were West Ham and Arsenal who only had one game each and very little ownership. So yeah, I'd say it was a bit boring and non exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

79 (-4) with Salah TC. Maja and Werner with disallowed goals yesterday were horrible. Maja's should not have been disallowed.

Losing ground in my money league and only BB left. The grind will go on for another couple of weeks but that was the hardest week to follow in a while. Double the misery with so many players failing to deliver twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

99 (-4) Up from 1400 to just inside the top 1000. Digne and Maguire with relative low ownership around me the reason for the climb, and Son's assist being chalked off!! Disappointed with Harry & TC, he missed at least 3 chances over the 2 games he would ordinarily take.

Remind me next year, load up on defence for the second DGW. Martinez, Dias Digne & Maguire all doing the business...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Interesting to note in the team of the week, Jesus (14 points) was the most heavily owned - 9.2%

Guaita (16) - 3.1%
    Bartley (17) - 0.3%
    Christensen (17) - 0.3%
    Keane (17) - 6.4%
    Cahill (16) - 0.2%
    Ward (15) - 0.6%
    Mount (14) - 8.2%
    Mahrez (17) - 4.1%
    Bale (21) - 1.4%
    Jesus (14) - 9.2%
    Ricky (17) - 8.4%

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

67 (-4) including BB.

No further comment, your honour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Just because players are high ownership doesn't mean they have to score big. How many of these high ownership players had form?

Kane, I've banged on many times that he's a one goal guy at best this season - he just doesn't take chances or isn't that far forward. His ownership was so high that folk felt like they have to get him, because if he did click you were going to be punished. His effective ownership was 158%. I only brought him in to hedge his impact.

Bruno/Gundogan- everyone has them so really if they have an off day shouldn't have any overall impact unless you captained either of them.

Salah had scored in only 3 out of last 11 league games. I gambled and bought him but I knew the risks before hand.

Stones/Dias/Martinez all return double digit scores. Son got 14 points - and he's the 2nd highest owned player in the game

If all these players scored big, the average for the week would be massive. I feel like a lot of players see their score and assume they did bad because they have this idea that DGW, 24 players, that they should get 150 points regardless of what the average is.

44 players got 10+ points this GW, so it was fairly even spread out the points.

Yep, nail on the head a fair bit there. Have climbed from 3m rank on on Dec 31st to 20k today by dumping Bruno/Salah/Grealish/DCL/Kane and using money on decent differentials (although brining Kane back for next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Interesting to note in the team of the week, Jesus (14 points) was the most heavily owned - 9.2%

Guaita (16) - 3.1%
    Bartley (17) - 0.3%
    Christensen (17) - 0.3%
    Keane (17) - 6.4%
    Cahill (16) - 0.2%
    Ward (15) - 0.6%
    Mount (14) - 8.2%
    Mahrez (17) - 4.1%
    Bale (21) - 1.4%
    Jesus (14) - 9.2%
    Ricky (17) - 8.4%

Not sure what the criteria is when joined in points - maybe price?

But son got 14 as well and is the second highest owned player in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm not sure Ace, I took the team of the week from the FPL website at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Goals scored is the tie breaker in FPL Cup draws

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

85 after wildcard. Up 6k to 174k. Considering the bench boosts and triple captains, not unhappy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,765 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Guaita (16) - 3.1%
    Bartley (17) - 0.3%
    Christensen (17) - 0.3%
    Keane (17) - 6.4%
    Cahill (16) - 0.2%
    Ward (15) - 0.6%
    Mount (14) - 8.2%
    Mahrez (17) - 4.1%
    Bale (21) - 1.4%
    Jesus (14) - 9.2%
    Ricky (17) - 8.4%

Can’t believe I forgot to pull the trigger on that FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

106 with the use of BB which itself didnt yield much, 3 Leeds lads got a total of 6 points which was a dissppoinment after they had all scored a goal each the game before. Also Schmichael brought in for it and all he got was 5 points in 2 games. So BB was a total of 11 points, not great but happy enough with the main team.

Advertisement