Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 26 Match Day thread - the biggun'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Take off Johnstone to preserve the cleanie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pereira subbed

Started him ahead of Watkins...not looking too clever now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,421 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Incredible luck if Johnston & WBA defenders keep their CS points in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Johnstone has faced two penalties and the opponent has missed them both but he hasn't got a penalty save.

I don't care what people say if I was a Johnstone owner I would be pissed with that. The clean sheet is aready intact before the penalty is taken so to have faced two missed penalties and not gotten a save is pretty unlucky.

Diagne subbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Johnstone has faced two penalties and the opponent has missed them both but he hasn't got a penalty save.

I don't care what people say if I was a Johnstone owner I would be pissed with that. The clean sheet is aready intact before the penalty is taken so to have faced two missed penalties and not gotten a save is pretty unlucky.

Its a hell of a lot luckier having your keeper face two penalties and not haing to make a save at all. The owners will be delighted

COH wrote: »
    Its a hell of a lot luckier having your keeper face two penalties and not haing to make a save at all. The owners will be delighted

A pen save is worth 5 points though so pretty valuable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Lee Mason limping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lundstram wrote: »
    Lee Mason limping.

Glad I didn't bring him in!!

Lundstram wrote: »
    Lee Mason limping.

Conor Gallagher knocked him over in the first half, might have picked up a knock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dias and Johnstone killing me today so far hopefully the lads I have that my rivals don't make similar impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

I’ll take Johnstone’s 10 points and run

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    I’ll take Johnstone’s 10 points and run

He's on my bench, pity my bb is next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They should be f*cking delighted!!! He’s 7 points higher than you’d expect after facing 2 penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I find this logic bizarre. He wasn't within a mile of saving either penalty and is blessed to have kept a clean sheet. People are supposed to be annoyed because two penalties that had their goalie well beaten didn't result in goals?

If luck that good annoyed me the swings in any normal week of FPL would have me on a killing spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I find this logic bizarre. He wasn't within a mile of saving either penalty and is blessed to have kept a clean sheet. People are supposed to be annoyed because two penalties that had their goalie well beaten didn't result in goals?

If luck that good annoyed me the swings in any normal week of FPL would have me on a killing spree.

Bizzare logic is right. I’m delighted they missed two pen and he kept his cleanie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Im surrounded by benchboosters that have Johnstone... those penalty misses cut me to the core of my soul.

That isn't my point. I was saying he was really unlucky to have faced two MISSED penalties and not gotten any save. There was a chance there to have at least another 5 points if not 10.

CSF wrote: »
    They should be f*cking delighted!!! He’s 7 points higher than you’d expect after facing 2 penalties.

Two missed penalties and no save is the point I was making. The fact is they were missed so the chance to pick up at least 1 pen save has gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

That isn't my point. I was saying he was really unlucky to have faced two MISSED penalties and not gotten any save. There was a chance there to have at least another 5 points if not 10.

And an even much bigger chance for him to have finished on 1 point.

Bizzare logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Maybe it is just me, and don't want to sound harsh, but complaining about this or another poster having Cancelo and not being happy with him scoring are the two most bizarre opinions posted today.

He had two penalties against him. None scored. None saved. Clean sheet is good, no?

Let's be reasonable.

How can you be annoyed by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Your point is stupid is what everyone else is saying.

Forget it lads, it's ok. I just like my players to maximise their points potential when they get a chance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Not getting your logic on this at all. He was nowhere near saving either of them, this and the bizarre disallowed goal, I’ve Johnstone on my bench, I’d be absolutely delighted with 10 pts if I’d started him

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So 5 for save less 4 for not saving another one and loosing clean sheet.

Not much to talk about really.

I guess if it was Bruno or Salah taking these penalties you wouldn't even consider a miss being an option ;)

Forget it lads, it's ok. I just like my players to maximise their points potential when they get a chance to.
    Defo not trying to pile on or anything, but I don't think a shot that hits the woodwork is a huge missed save point opportunity.

Maybe it'd be a bit different if they were ones where the keeper had it clearly covered if it'd been just inside the post.

But I feel like in both cases the alternative outcome was a goal rather than a save. So he has scored 10 points when the likely outcome was 3 or 4 points.

Sure you'd want more points, but they weren't really on offer here.

Your point is stupid is what everyone else is saying.
    Ah man

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Like the soccer forum in here today ha.

Stopped posting in there long ago for a reason.

CSF wrote: »
    Defo not trying to pile on or anything, but I don't think a shot that hits the woodwork is a huge missed save point opportunity.

Maybe it'd be a bit different if they were ones where the keeper had it clearly covered if it'd been just inside the post.

But I feel like in both cases the alternative outcome was a goal rather than a save. So he has scored 10 points when the likely outcome was 3 or 4 points.

Sure you'd want more points, but they weren't really on offer here.

I suppose I just see the fact they were both missed and to have a keeper have the chance at getting a save from two missed penalties has been lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's all James Maddison's fault....if he didn't get injured I would have taken a -8 to get a half decent BB and Johnstone would have been my sub keeper.

So at that hypothetical point I would now be in an excellent position to weigh in on whether I am happy with Johnstone's 10 pointer or annoyed that he failed miserably to save two penalties ;-)

Advertisement