Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

I'm trying to figure that out as well. It was really nice!

I was looking at the V stem , that screamed Cervelo to me.

Seeing this for a second time without the kids being excited and distracting me, Dunbar did a great ride there for Carapaz and managed to gain on GC himself. His own attack came to nothing then you could see him letting the wheel go further back when Carapaz was up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was looking at the V stem , that screamed Cervelo to me.

Pretty sure I could see the 'e' from Cervelo on the fork also

Seeing this for a second time without the kids being excited and distracting me, Dunbar did a great ride there for Carapaz and managed to gain on GC himself. His own attack came to nothing then you could see him letting the wheel go further back when Carapaz was up the road.

Very good performance from Dunbar.

I noticed that MvdP changed his shorts (to the black version) for the podium presentation. Probably a wise move :pac:

I don't think it showed it on the coverage there, but live they showed Kung cycling in full leggings and a coat with a backpack heading to or from the podium :D

• Advertisement

Mont Ventoux is live start to finish from 10am if you can access l'Equipe via a French based VPN

Seemingly it was meant to be on ES/GCN+ and then then rights became an issue from what José Been mentioned in reply here

https://twitter.com/TourDeJose/status/1401807493773266944

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nice just found l'Equipe on my streaming box

Am I reading this correctly, they are going up twice? Maybe I'm not remembering previous 2 years, but could could have sworn it was a fairly mundane early going before ramping up towards the end.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/mont-ventoux-denivele-challenge/2021/result/today/profiles

Am I reading this correctly, they are going up twice? Maybe I'm not remembering previous 2 years, but could could have sworn it was a fairly mundane early going before ramping up towards the end.

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/mont-ventoux-denivele-challenge/2021/result/today/profiles

It is harder this year... going up to the summit twice (~1,890 m).

Last year they 'only' went up to Chalet Reynard (1,417 m) on the first pass and then the summit for the finish.

In the first edition in 2019 they only did Ventoux once (~1,890 m).

The (incomplete) startlist on ProCyclingStats shows a fairly weak field... Movistar should win (either Superman or Mas)

Ben o Connor surely in with a shout too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Last year they 'only' went up to Chalet Reynard (1,417 m) on the first pass and then the summit for the finish.

The (incomplete) startlist on ProCyclingStats shows a fairly weak field... Movistar should win (either Superman or Mas)

Bahrain have a couple of spots left on their academy team for this race, they should send Caruso and Padun just to troll the french

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Dcully wrote: »
    Nice just found l'Equipe on my streaming box

Me too!
    So much for today's "productivity" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Jeez, they have long advert breaks in France! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,110 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Saw thay earlier, think quintana won this last year and he hasnt returned, Arkea sent Winner Anacona instead. Wonder what weird and wonderful way Movistar will mess this up.

Just checked back in on the race they look to be on the first assent now?

EDIT: Break just cresting the top now, peloton 4:20 behind them.

Superman Lopez won the Ventoux Challenge by a whopping 2 minutes 26 seconds :D

It was easy for him in the end, wonder can he really challenge for tdf ?

Tour de Suisse live on supersport variety 1 for anyone with a streaming box/service.

That was a strange crash at Suiss, the JV rider looked to have had the bike go from under him in the crash and ended up running down the road. Another just there and a few of them ended up in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Basically had two maybe 3 riders to beat. I would t take too much from it personally.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dcully wrote: »
    It was easy for him in the end, wonder can he really challenge for tdf ?

Tour de Suisse live on supersport variety 1 for anyone with a streaming box/service.

Got it. Merci

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Supermal looked good going up mountains at the TdF last year too but not so good coming down them

Love to see Garcia do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Supermal looked good going up mountains at the TdF last year too but not so good coming down them

He’s never finished outside the top 8 of any grand tour he’s completed but his TT is abysmal so I can’t see him challenging the Slovenians

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hon the van der Poel.

Some strength.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Dodge wrote: »
    He’s never finished outside the top 8 of any grand tour he’s completed but his TT is abysmal so I can’t see him challenging the Slovenians

Often got there by sucking wheel too and didn't look like he had it in him to break the big contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

God bless anyone who can only follow races throughout the year on L'Equipe television. The ads were 5 plus minutes long and today's coverage only returned with less than 6km to go. They missed that lad from Movistar going off the front.

Eurosport on TV can be pretty bad but they usually take a final ad break with 20km to go. Worth the price of a sub just to be free of ads.

Again watching TDS highlights in peace without the kids around, Dunbar doing another excellent ride for Carapaz. Really is the best I've seen him. We'd all love to see him get a chance and take a win but he's definitely making a case for him being a rider you want on your team as help.

Hopefully get a shot a riding for himself and not Moscon in the future at those races.

I see Stephen Clancy is racing in Belgium today. He's kind of the forgotten man in Irish cycling. His racing seems to take him to Asia and others more than Europe.

• Advertisement

Racing is on in Belgium!!!!

Advertisement