Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General race thread 2021 **spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,950 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

2nd place for Ben Healy today in the baby Giro. Only 1 second off the winner in the ITT.

I forget he is still that young

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

retalivity wrote: »
    Padun still high from yesterday, dropping everyone else again!

Interesting choice of words.......

La Parisien doesn't disagree....https://www.leparisien.fr/sports/cyclisme/lukrainien-mark-padun-double-vainqueur-detape-en-montagne-cree-un-malaise-sur-le-dauphine-06-06-2021-Q7T3TGW6A5B25GND2OBPGDOMUM.php

TheBlaaMan wrote: »

"The Bahrain team is increasingly sulphurous. Already, his Giro was depressing with the Italian Damiano Caruso (2nd in the final classification) or the Slovenian Jan Tratnik who surprised everyone in the passes. "

Strong words at the end there

Had my partner (not french but fluent) read that for me. Basically saying unlike the old days he didn't have the decency to hide the day after a win and went for another one.

More there too but thats the gist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Had my partner (not french but fluent) read that for me. Basically saying unlike the old days he didn't have the decency to hide the day after a win and went for another one.

More there too but thats the gist of it.

or just hit the translate button in chrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,107 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its a bit disingenuous to refer only to him winning a stage at the Tour De Alpes 3 years ago, and say nothing about getting a 2nd place in the Giro last year, or top5's in the Vuelta since that win.

That said, I read that he went up the Joux Plane 2 minutes faster that Landis infamous ascent in 2006...that's concerning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Motoman rides again. Jiffy bags are back, baby.

We could play a game of spot the clean rider in the Tour I'd say.

Maybe Froomey.

Padun is no slouch but I watched yesterday wondering how far he'd get up Joux Plan before the previous days exertions caught up with him and he was reeled in. Not a bit of it though and in fact he extended his lead into Les Gets. This after beasting La Plagne the previous stage?

Pretty extraordinary . Time will tell, I hope

No live coverage of TDS on ES or the player today again, just highlights at 10pm?

No listing for Ventoux on ES or GCN for tomorrow either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm seeing TdS listed on GCN for today and tomorrow at 14:40-17:00.
    All the stages are listed for coverage at various start times and finishing at 17:00

• Advertisement

Melodeon wrote: »
    I'm seeing TdS listed on GCN for today and tomorrow at 14:40-17:00.
    All the stages are listed for coverage at various start times and finishing at 17:00

I'm still on a Eurosport sub so don't have the GCN one. Normally races are on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Padun is no slouch but I watched yesterday wondering how far he'd get up Joux Plan before the previous days exertions caught up with him and he was reeled in. Not a bit of it though and in fact he extended his lead into Les Gets. This after beasting La Plange the previous stage?

Pretty extraordinary . Time will tell, I hope

I'd agree - but still don't think that Le Parisien article is ok in the way it clearly picks out one rider and then the team so much for the speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I'm still on a Eurosport sub so don't have the GCN one. Normally races are on both.

Ah, missed that bit, sorry.
    It looks like tennis is always going to get live-coverage precedence over cycling on Eurosport.
    Except for the Grand Tours, I suppose.

As you say, no sign of Mont Ventoux Dénivelé Challenge coverage anywhere either :(

3rd for young Healy in Italy today. He's had a decent race so far. No over all times up yet for GC though. He was 28th with 1:50 down on the race leader yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Erzen (Bahrain Merida) has responded to those reports in the newspaper today. He's thrown Rod Ellingworth under a bus... 'we're following the work of Rod Ellingworth from last year' and he's '110% sure we're working by the rules'. eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Is Tour De Suisse not available on GCN in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Apparently not. I am using my work VPN to sign in via Switzerland to watch it.

Something is not right here. TDS is no longer shown as being available live in UK or Ireland on the App, and its not on ES either. And yet just a short while ago Rob Hatch tweeted the below

https://twitter.com/robhatchtv/status/1401877910470938627?s=20

Not the first, or second F/U with the GCN app...

Well it's definitely being broadcast on GCN /Eurosport somewhere, I'm listening to Hatch and Magnus now via other means.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'd agree - but still don't think that Le Parisien article is ok in the way it clearly picks out one rider and then the team so much for the speculation

The French press don't hold back with accusation, except when it's a French rider doing well.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    The French press don't hold back with accusation, except when it's a French rider doing well.

I don't know much about the French press but the French authorities have no problem going after their own especially compared to some others.

If the French are doping they are doing a terrible job at it

This is cracking stuff in the finale in TDS

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I don't know much about the French press but the French authorities have no problem going after their own especially compared to some others.

If the French are doping they are doing a terrible job at it

Richard Virenque isn’t short of a job in the French media. Or Laurent Jaliber.

they/them/theirs

This is cracking stuff in the finale in TDS

It isn’t on Dutch Eurosport :(

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    It isn’t on Dutch Eurosport :(

I had to resort to a dodgy stream. Normally they have rights for every world tour race.

I saw this just now

https://twitter.com/gcntweet/status/1401912896775405570

I had to resort to a dodgy stream. Normally they have rights for every world tour race.

I saw this just now

https://twitter.com/gcntweet/status/1401912896775405570

Yeah, they are showing the UK as having coverage, but we are not going to get it, it seems. Bizarre that they would cut lil' ol' Ireland from the countries in which they can purchase an agreement to provide cover - I cannot imagine it would be anything other than cost based, would it? And yet, how could it be assessed as being a valuable market that they would be asked to pay heavily for...........

Regardless, Hola worked well for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Ben Healy followed up his second place in the ITT yesterday at the Baby Giro with a 3rd today. He’s up to 7th on GC

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-ciclistico-d-italia/2021/stage-5

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Tour de Suisse Stage 2 highlights currently on Eurosport (in Ireland) at the moment. 16 km left.

Was that an unbranded Cervelo the Swiss man in the break was on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Was that an unbranded Cervelo the Swiss man in the break was on?

I'm trying to figure that out as well. It was really nice!

Advertisement