Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part IX *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

decreds wrote: »
    I disagree, they've already planted the seeds of new variants and strains. They will slowly condition the population about them and will claim the vaccines are ineffective against them. In and out of lockdowns for a few years, imo.

To what end? I think you're finding conspiracy when it's just plain, old fashioned incompetence and stupidity that's driving the government's decion making.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,110 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

growleaves wrote: »
    You're mistaken, getting a passport is a fundamental right under the Irish Constitution.

Which article of the constitution states the rights to a passport (which is a travel document)

ypres5 wrote: »
    Yes it is. from citizens advice

You have a right to move freely within the State. You also have a broader right to travel and to get a passport for the purpose of travelling.

If the other poster cannot find it, then perhaps you can link me the the article of the constitution dealing with travel documents

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

According to your chart, the hospitalizations peaked in the 3rd week of April, so...by your logic, they were infected around the 1st week in April, when we were in full lockdown mode, stuck to 2km, huge compliance...and it surged anyway.

I don't believe that by the way, but you clearly do!

Not my chart. Its from the Coronavirus figures thread in this forum.

And if you take a look at this link

You will notice that time from infection to illness is variable. Full restrictions didn't kick in till the end of March. The highest peak of infections for April is 1515 on the 10th. Most likley the infection was already in the community and individuals passed it to family members.

Once restrictions were able to take full effect case numbers declined fairly rapidly

Seems you don't believe restrictions / lockdown are effective. Though I'm not particularly surprised by that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Even if a passport is a constitutional right, is there anywhere that says you have to have it within a certain time frame?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Which article of the constitution states the rights to a passport (which is a travel document)

Might be confusing it with one of the UN Human Rights, albeit it's 'nationality' that's referenced there.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Even if a passport is a constitutional right, is there anywhere that says you have to have it within a certain time frame?

It's not a constitutional right.

What is the simple test of this fact - you have to pay for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Getting a passport isn’t a constitutional right, but it’s a fundamental right given to Irish citizens and one which can only be denied under certain circumstances! As per the passport act, the minister for transport can deny an application on the basis of the common good and public health etc, but there is no definition of what a detriment to public health entails... ie, can one be denied because they may have covid vs does have covid?? That’s one for the courts to decide!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

hynesie08 wrote: »

As I’ve said before, if you find yourself trying to justify the violation of rights, rethink your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

growleaves wrote: »
    You're mistaken, getting a passport is a fundamental right under the Irish Constitution.

This is the closest thing I can find, article 40.4.1 No citizen shall be deprived of his personal liberty save in accordance with law.

Nothing about passports.

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Might be confusing it with one of the UN Human Rights, albeit it's 'nationality' that's referenced there.

A passport is a travel document.

That's a fairly big difference to be confused over!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 BigAndy21

Mod Snip: ranting guff rhetoric snipped. 1 week forum ban applied for breaching threadban

ypres5 wrote: »
    Yes it is. from citizens advice

You have a right to move freely within the State. You also have a broader right to travel and to get a passport for the purpose of travelling.

The article of the constitution referred to by citizens information does not actually me room passports.

As I’ve said before, if you find yourself trying to justify the violation of imaginary rights, rethink your position.

Fixed your oul' post there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

As I’ve said before, if you find yourself trying to justify the violation of rights, rethink your position.

What violation of rights

You apply
    It's processed
    You receive.

One part of it being delayed is not a violation of rights (if having a passport is a right)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

He is after backing himself into a corner...you can see his brain moving trying to figure out his next move!!!

Lol. Is tha the best you can come up with?

But no - Simply waiting for some clarification what the OP is actually referring to. I'm not sure they understood what was being discussed tbf.

But I now see you're mind reader as well as a telepath :D

Well done. This is getting better ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

gozunda wrote: »
    Not my chart. Its from the Coronavirus figures thread in this forum.

And if you take a look at this link

You will notice that time from infection to known infection is variable. Full restrictions didn't kick in till the end of March. The highest peak of infections for April is 1515 on the 10th. Its evident the infection was already in the community and individuals passed it to family members.

Once restrictions were able to take full effect case numbers declined fairly rapidly

Seems you don't believe restrictions / lockdown are effective . Thougj I'm not particularly surprised by that ..

Neither do you by the looks of it...

The infection, or case rate is misleading, you know this but you are choosing to ignore it....the infection or case rate for March will be forever unknown.

Our testing back then was erratic all over as you'd expect, as hospitals were probably struggling to get to grips with isolating Covid patients on wards, which you'd expect.

You are not making any point here, you are just barking something about peaking in April nearly one full month after full lock down...which would indicate that full lock downs don't work.

BigAndy21 wrote: »
    11 months of relentless propaganda and programming. How many have died from cancelled cancer treatment, suicides, stillborn deaths, dying in home from suspending healthcare system, domestic violence deaths and etc and etc. All due to lockdowns.
    Ohh ohhh tinfoil hat ohhhhh keep wearing your mask, visors and gloves twats, keep watching your poison on TV. Anyway its a deeper political agenda - vaccine passports, digital ID, smashing small business so big tech can wade in. Bill Gates a conspiracy yeah? The biggest funder of the W.H.O. The mans semen is in the ****in vaccines.

Ah yeah, one of the world's richest men, spends his time traveling between Pfizer, Astra Zenca, Moderns, the Russian lads and the other one I'm forgetting, **** into their vials.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pepsirebel

Is MM seriously talking to the church after saying previously he would not be entertaining any sector representatives to open up their area....

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40230521.html

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

I’ve been a gambling addict a long time, from my youth, right up to a couple of years ago when I finally realised that something was wrong. I always knew it was wrong but then I realised I needed to change. I’d accrued debts, I continued to pay back but was always struggling to enjoy things in life. I decided to stop. Not only was this for my benefit, it was for my friends and family as I had embroiled them in my madness and my mental health suffered leading to a night where I had decided to end it all. I didn’t do it, I couldn’t do it. Time for change and I had to give up gambling. I did so, with a few hiccups along the way, I started to feel somewhat relieved again, I’d let money rule my life.

For 2yrs and more, I had continued paying back debts and continue to this day to do so. In this time, I also continued to save and enjoy some things I’d probably not done so before, like going on small holidays be it here in Ireland or away abroad, not worried about where the money would come from. It was a place I’d never been in adulthood, not relying on handouts from others.

For 2yrs this continued, through this current pandemic it wasn’t a problem to me, I went to work, stayed in and when I did venture out, I did so with as much safety as possible. This lockdown has been different though, a very busy Christmas in work and a truly forgetful Christmas period without having our usual pints and friend’s visits. I can handle that and did so. Another few weeks of lockdown we were told, fine I can get through this and a light is seen at the end of this tunnel with production of vaccines and the possibility of normality along the horizon.

Come to this week. Yesterday in fact, I just lost the plot. Hearing of another lockdown, don’t get me wrong, I am completely understanding of this situation, I see why lockdown is in place but can also some ridiculous decisions being made regarding areas of the lockdowns and closing certain places. I was never a big drinker so closing pubs didn’t bother me, I do however think it is abysmal the way they have treated such establishments.

Anyway, yesterday. 9 weeks more he says, officially or unofficially I don’t know, inside I cried, it was like a trigger was pushed. Merely 20 minutes ago, I completed my trashing of 2yrs work. An account was opened after finding a site I hadn’t barred myself from, I uploaded the first of my payments, I was physically sick when I first seen the money but I just couldn’t resist and had a bet. The bug had bitten me again, add another payment, another and another. It just went on and on until bang. The bank total that was well over four figures now only had a few cent beside my name. Gone, all gone. Shame, disgust and now broke again. I don’t mean broke money wise, broken inside, thoughts of things are racing through my mind. Anger, hitting out at things, asking questions in my mind, Why? How? What do I do now. My first thought, to write this.

Now though, the hardest part, telling my family before it's too late, stay safe everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

A passport is a travel document.

That's a fairly big difference to be confused over!

Maybe - but passport is also synonymous with citizenship.

PS. Hard luck on the election but sure you'll be off scratch in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭francogarbanzo

Fixed your oul' post there

https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/

You are on the wrong side of history my man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

Pepsirebel wrote: »
    Is MM seriously talking to the church after saying previously he would not be entertaining any sector representatives to open up their area....

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-40230521.html

If he reopens churches, there’ll be uproar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

JRant wrote: »
    Advisory is the key word. The same advisory tag that the government used in the high court case lost by Ryanair.

Of all the essential services up and running having a passport is definitely up there. It's one of the few legal documents we actually have in this country for identification.

i never thought id live to see the day that people would support the government in removing constitutional rights Willy nilly. especially one so benign as passports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Apparently there's a new variant surfacing in the UK now called the Nigerian variant. Wonder how long it will take Mehole to start banging on about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We really need an Irish variant at this stage.

Foreign variants coming in and stealing fear of variants from a hard working Irish variant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

That's heartbreaking. Try and start from day 1 again tomorrow. You can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Apparently there's a new variant surfacing in the UK now called the Nigerian variant. Wonder how long it will take Mehole to start banging on about that?

ive found exclusive live footage of micheal martin listing out all the potential variants.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dddm1nLyWQqo&ved=2ahUKEwjFm92WvfnuAhXEQkEAHSFABTsQ28sGMAR6BAgYEAk&usg=AOvVaw1jcyhuL65cEOXiwZVpbAw9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Does that include imaginary rights?

There are quite a few of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

It isn't stated anywhere in the constitution. It is a legal precedent in Irish constitutional law that article 40.4 which guarantees the right to liberty and freedom guarantees the right to travel and to have a passport.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement