Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FE1Student_1997

Has anyone here previously missed the deadline to apply for exams and was able to make a late application? Law Society website wouldn't leave me log in all day so I couldn't get into the application form. Fairly panicked on this as its my last sitting before I start my TC in May.

Sent an email to the webmaster address explaining this but any other advice on this would be hugely appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

would anyone have Oct 22 Contract paper & report

I can trade alot of materials as its my last exam

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Anyone have 2022 company exam papers/reports?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Anyone know what topics they are covering for Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sleahy99

Delete if not allowed.

I'm selling my fe-1 notes for all 8 subjects, including case-notes for the subjects which have this specific question. I passed every exam on first attempt using this material. Send me a message if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lady_Luck

Does anyone have a copy of the property paper from September 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greasedlightning

selling marked scripts for contract, property, EU and criminal. All mid to high 60s. All four for 15 euro or 4 euro each😊

I have scripts for Property, Contract, EU, Criminal and Equity that people are more than welcome to have if they would like, just send me a message! Would really appreciate if anyone had any notes/tips/ advice on topics for Constitutional that they'd be willing to share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking...but if EU is predictable...could you please advise what could be left off? Getting desperate as the material is not exactly stimulating (to me) and the manual is so large so if I could narrow it down in any way that would be fantastic! Thank you!

EU is really predictable. I sat it in October and just did Institutions, Judicial Review, Member State Liability, Direct & Indirect Effect, Fundamental Rights, Free Movement Of Goods, Free Movement of Workers and Citizenship (only enough to cover me if I was stuck for this). Probs isn't advisable if you don't like to predict what comes up but EU seems like the best subject to do it for in my opinion. Let me know if you need me to send on my script or anything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

The manual’s overwhelming for sure. I personally borrowed an old independent manual which was concise as my Griffith manual was excellent but too detailed. I just added in newer cases from it to my more slimmed down manual.

I got all the sample questions and answers for the last few years and separated them out by topic. You will see it is the exact same q/q’s that come up on each topic ( largely speaking) I covered competition law instead of FMOW ( but that’s just cas this is was worked for my brain)

if you follow the topics fe12022 covered you should be fine. Know institutions, fundamental rights, DE and MSL by heart.

•FMOG can come up as two separate q’s so look at the past questions on this one and know both.

•learn the JR essay that comes up repeatedly.

•the eu night before videos are excellent. Google for links to videos.

• advise was to always to avoid case note q.

• be careful of the grids, they also include topics that come up as a case note and can give the wrong impression as to what comes up regularly. Look at past questions yourself instead.

( it’s a while since I sat EU in case there’s been enormous changes in the last sitting or two since i sat the exam)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressed_depressed

Would anyone have a Cover Letter sample or layout that they were successful in getting a legal role or TC with that they would be willing to share with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Doe anyone have any updates on this situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Would anyone have up to date exam grids for constitutional and equity? Would really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stressed_depressed

What are people focusing on mainly for tort?

Causation, Vicarious Liability, Occupier's Liability, Employer's Liability, PA Liability, Liability for Defective Products, Trespass (person), Nervous Shock, Nuisance, Defamation, Damages and a bit on Limitations of Actions

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Anyone have the exam grids for contact? Would be very grateful if you could pass it on! Last one for me to do and then I'm through it all ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cathy427

Would anyone have the examiners report for Criminal for last Oct - ie the most recent one.

Have older ones I can share in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Whats the focus for constitutional this sitting? Does anyone have prep course recommendations or general advice on cutting down the material. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paulisha

What are people focusing on for equity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

It's hard to say if EU is going to be as predictable moving forward. There's a new internal examiner, keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Just wondering does anybody know the salaries for the top 6 firms during training?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

• Registered Users Posts: 38 T2020

What are people covering for Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 118abcdefg

Opinions on these topics?

Criminal - Actus Reus; Mens Rea; Homicide; Non-Fatal Offences; Sexual Offences; Defences; Property Offences; Public Order Offences; Courts of Criminal Jurisdiction; Inchoate Offences; Right to Silence/Detention/Bail; - 11

Contract - Offer & Acceptance; Consideration; Estoppel; Consumer protection; Privity; Misrepresentation; Mistake; Undue influence & Duress; Discharge; Remedies; Exemption clauses. - 11

Constitutional - Courts; Findings of Unconstitutionality; Separation of Powers; Limiting and Balancing Rights; Personal Rights; Property Rights; Equality; Freedom of Expression; Freedom of Association; Due Course of law; Inviolability of dwelling; Religious Freedom; Personal Liberty. - 13

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

selling a Companies Act 2014 - tabbed and highlighted

• Registered Users Posts: 14 examgrid

Hey, just wondering do you know this for certain? Has it been confirmed anywhere? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 katie-12345

Eu examiner has not changed. Still the same examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 37 katie-12345

Sitting exams in person for first time,

can anyone tell me what it is like?

do we get an email beforehand on what to bring etc..

what time does the hall open/ how do u get your exam number

do they check legislation etc

• Advertisement

Did anyone do the law school revision course for Company? Or have any predictions?!

Advertisement