Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fe123law

Hi everyone I have fe1 manuals (all from lawschool.ie) for sale. Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Study.Life

@EM95 all manuals still available, DM me again, left conversation by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hopefultrainee

Does anyone know do the law society publish the highest grade in each paper or who won the awards? Or do the publish the pass rate somewhere? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

morning,

I have never personally seen the highest grade published. The list of Overend winners was last published in 2018 ( to my knowledge) and mentioned on the Law Society’s Twitter account in early 2020.

re the pass rates - each subject was mentioned way back in this thread if you want to search back, but I don’t remember the source of the pass rates. The examiners sometimes leave a comment in the examiners report as to the pass rate but not always. Again you would have to trawl through past reports.

the system isn't transparent - all a bit in the shadows.

Thank you! What a shame it be great to know what is possible and even to see what those type of scripts look like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

It would be - I think that the Criminal and Company examiners do great job of outlining what they want in an answer so that's a near to an 'excellent' answer as we will see ( unless you happen to write an 80% paper yourself ) I have gotten a 50, 54, 64 and 64 so far and have to be content with that ;)

I haven't sat criminal but totally agree on Company. It's great how he tells you exactly what he's looking for just personally think it's kind of pointless studying company from any other source though 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

I know the Law Society are extremely slow on this but what’s the process for requesting your Statement of Results?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

It tells you just above your results. The e-mail address is there. Don't know how long they take though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

How do you check to see your paper? And how long does the recheck take does anyone know please 🙏

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

also just above your results on the law society website - takes a good while for rechecks to come back from what I've heard - at least a few weeks.. I wouldn't expect them until the new year

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kellyymck8383

for last sitting I requested my scripts at end of may and got them at the start of July!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Has anyone received their refund for not sitting an exam? I’m still waiting …

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Has anybody ever gone up n a recheck in company? I’m just wondering how likely it would be going up to a pass from 45%… :(

I'd love to know too. I got 42 and if it's someone other the Courtney doing the re-checks i'd probably pay the €120!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

Has anyone else’s results disappeared from the website? I went to check to see if the links for the papers were up yet and they’re not there anymore 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FE1_Hun

nvm!

Post edited by FE1_Hun on

• Registered Users Posts: 3 holymoly97

Hi all. I’m hoping to pass my exams in three sittings and then head off travelling. I’m planning on equity, property and contract in March 2023, but struggling to figure out how I’ll divide up the rest - here’s my thoughts

March - Property, Equity, Contract 

October - constitutional, , criminal, EU 

March - company, Tort

Any advice on moving these around? I’m nervous about company and tort being together as the syllabus is massive for both!!

I'm doing 3 sittings too to make a 2023 TC start date, I did equity and property first, then EU Company Contract, now Tort Constitutional Criminal in March. I think Equity Property Contract is a good combo. I did EU and Company in the middle cos thought I was most likely to fail them. I would recommend you do Company in your 2nd sitting because its so common to fail it that you'd have the 3rd sitting to have another go at it. EU is actually pretty easy with low fail rates and a deceptively concise syllabus so you could swap it with company and do it with Tort. Constitutional and Criminal are meant to be good together cos there's a bit of conceptual overlap and criminal is short alongside constitutional which is very long. I think it would be hard to do constitutional and EU together cos they are both like foundational law/jurisprudence in a way so there's room to get the ideas muddled. Definitely try 3 in the first sitting to make room for repeats if necessary, that's a good plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 fe1user2022

Hey there, I failed company In March just gone and passed it with 69% this time. If you wanted to direct message me I can give you any advice on what approach to it I took.

I'd love to see your script if you are willing to share when they are released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe1user2022

Course. I’ll request it and whenever they get back to me you are more than welcome to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fe1student19962022

Hi,

Does anyone have the lawschool.ie revision guide from the last sitting?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

It’s hard to tell with the Company rechecks. On receiving my paper today I can see my script was marked by the external examiner. Im not sure if they would mark harder or not..

Any options much welcomed!

Did everyone who requested a script get a response by e-mail to say they have received your request?

I just realised I wasn't emailed back and still haven't got my scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

I never got an automated email to acknowledge that my request to view my script has been received. I applied for a re-check and I got an automated response then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 johnf6

Anyone interested in a two week internship in a busy criminal law firm ? To start Tuesday 13th December 2022. Court experience guaranteed. There probably will be some payment. Also there is possibility of retention for the right candidate.

If interested please email Sean at johnf6@feahenysolrs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tjh99

Advice from anyone who's passed EU - are there any topics really not worth doing?

I have an Independent Colleges manual and it's about 380 pages but a good bulk of it feels like background and not examinable topics....

• Advertisement

I accept no liability because it seemed there was a new examiner last sitting, however the bulk of your study could focus on Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect and MSL, Judicial Review, Free Movement Goods and People, Citizenship, and maybe Equality as a bonus. Competition is usually guaranteed in a question, u can get away without doing it but bear in mind the case notes question isnt usually recommended cos its very hard to score marks. Without competition you're then left with 6 Qs, so definitely don't cut the topics I've listed cos that makes up the substantive course, but within that you should condense the manual into your own notes. You don't need 3 cases on the one tiny rule, look at past papers for common threads, all the usual stuff.

Advertisement