Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

The examiner changed last sitting, the old examiner used to ask very similar stuff every year. It’s a big course and up until recently not much of it was examined (there’s been a few curveball questions over the past few sittings) I wouldn’t be cutting out too much but I would focus in on having strong answers for: 1) judicial review 2) direct effect and MSL 3) fmog 4) fmow 5) general principles 6) competition 7) fmos (workers and services can come up as mixed q)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

Hi All. When they say that it was corrected by the external examiner as well, what would be the point in getting a rechceck?

I paid for it today but the external part is ticked. Clearly if the external has already looked at it that is just a waste of money. Does anybody know how this works? Typical I get the script back hours after I’ve paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

Hey all. Any advice for what the best approach would be for the contract exam? I failed it 3 times. I thought I passed it in October as I had enough study done and detail on the paper to warrant a pass but unfortunately I failed as I got 32%. I applied for a recheck as it seemed to be harshly marked. Any suggestions would be welcome. If anyone has a copy of their script too that would be great, I can swap any other 7 subjects in return. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi could you please DM with more information. I plan to sit Company in March and I've failed it twice already

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

For company exam I had failed it twice before, and passed with 64% this sitting. Key change to my study tactic -

1. Make you you answer 5 questions! I made this mistake twice - I had bullet point answers with case names for 5 question as I kept running out of time. Did not pass twice because of this. I had great 3 answers, little for the 4th and bullet point for 5th question. Did not pass. So make sure you answer 5 questions!!
    2. Read Courtney’s exam reports - questions repeat and he tells exactly what he wants in the reports.
    3. Make one page notes for main topics - this would help a lot when revising.

these helped me to pass this sitting.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Does anyone have the Companies Act for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 FE1student2021

Hey guys. Hope you are all well. Does anyone know the best approach to contract is? Any recommendations for a prep course to go with? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fe123law

Equity Law School Manual 2022-2023 for sale for €50. The manual is unmarked and like new.

Contract Law School Manual 2021-2022 for sale for €25. The manual has some pencil highlighting.

Softcopy materials are also available.

Manuals can be posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering did anyone manage to receive their statement of passing the FE-1s since October? I have emailed the Law Society and sent that Duplicate Letter but to no avail. I might just try ringing!

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 himself there

Could anyone send me company examiner reports for 2021 and 2022? Can provide notes/material on any subject in exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 SFarrepl

anyone selling recent Contract & Tort manuals? preferably City Colleges ones 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FEAC39

Have a City College manual for Contract 2020/2021 if that's any use to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AppleorPineapple

Any sign of recheck results for Oct 2022 exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RudiN99

Does anyone have up to date exam grids for Contract, EU, Tort, or Criminal? I have materials for these topics that I would be happy to share in exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 35 law_student__H

Hi:

selling property independent colleges manual 2021-22 and legislation and my notes (got 60%)

also selling equity 2019 independent colleges manual ( I used it last sitting, law hasn’t changed) and notes (59%)

also selling a marked exam script for criminal March 22 (56%) and contract March 22 (59%). 5€ each.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend a good place to do a Company Law FE1 prep course ahead of the next sitting? I did the Griffith one for it a couple of years ago and failed it twice since, so am keen to try a different place before taking the exam again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hopefultrainee

I passed my first sitting and did not do a prep course.

To be honest, I don't think you need to do one- the examiner tells you what you need to pass in the examiner reports. If you base your answers on that and learn off the case law in the examiner's reports you should pass.

There are notes through this go fund me in return for a donation. I suggest either compiling your own notes based on the examiners reports or getting them from someone who has passed their first sitting and based their notes off of the Examiner's reports and Courtney's book such as the gofundme link below.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Is the link up yet to apply for March 2023 FE1 sitting ?

I can’t find it in any of the usual places on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Has anyone been able to get their scripts back? I’ve had no response from Law soc!

Anyone selling a tort manual? I have criminal, EU and equity manuals and would be willing to do a swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Hey everyone! Looking for advice- I have three exams left and I want to try finish them in this sitting. I'm working full time as well so looking to cover the bare minimum in each exam!

Anyone have any suggestions of essential topics for this for 1. Tort 2. Company and 3. Constitutional?

Have passed all the others so happy to share advice, or notes or scripts for those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Hi guys, would anyone have Equity or Constitutional manuals and/or sample answers?

I have material on the other 6 subjects in return!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Selling a Companies Act for €100 including postage 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

Seeing people selling statutes for ridiculous prices on here never sits well with me...This is a reminder that you can purchase legislation for the FE1s from the Office of Public Works (find details here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/598588-government-publications/?referrer=http://www.opw.ie/en/governmentpublications/ ). They will give you the cheapest prices and will certainly not charge 100 euro for a used Companies Act....even legal books.ie is selling a brand new copy of the Companies Act for 99 euro.

Can we get back to being realistic when selling our materials on? We're all going to be colleagues in the future so we should start out being fair...

This! Thank you for sharing this, I've felt the same.

I actually sent materials (soft copies) to someone for free and I've seen them trying to sell them online for 10euro a piece.

At the end of the day, we will all be working in the same field, I understand some people are in difficult financial situations but it would be nice to respect one another from the beginning and to build one another up.

For reference ^^ I am selling a Companies Act 2014 2021 edition for 75euro in Dublin- postage would be an additional 6 euros. If anyone is interested please let me know.

Happy to share my notes and the most recent grid I have to, in addition, included in the above price.

I received 60% in Company on my first sitting. DM if you would like to purchase the act ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AppleorPineapple

Anyone any idea when recheck results will be out? I see applications opened for Spring exams but no word on rechecks. Society not responding to emails as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 holymoly97

Has anyone heard from the law society regarding the new consumer rights act 2022 for contract? It’s hard to know whether to study the old acts in preparation for a question on pre-November contracts or study both positions (and ultimately confuse myself)

Advertisement