Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

restriction of director, liquidation (PQ), share transfer (PQ), directors duties (PQ), receivership (PQ), ultra vires, causes of crystallisation of floating charges and sanctions (dont really know this one)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fe12022

Anyone have an exam script that they would be willing to share for tort please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

What are peoples focus topics for tort? Eek

Defamation, Nuisance, Nervous Shock, Causation, Trespass, Essay on Limitations, Vicarious Liability

I half know affirmative duties, occupiers liability, employers liability and product liability if I am verrrry stuck but not really lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 December22

Everything pretty much as it’s not a predictable exam. If I really had to narrow it down to what I personally think “could” crop up - causation, nervous shock, defamation, vicarious liability, essay on limitations, essay on pure economic loss then some other random essay that will have to be totally avoided. Tbh there could be 3 tricky essays that would need to be avoided I feel like you just don’t know with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lady_Luck

Can I ask how people got on for property and what topics came up? I know it's regarded as one of the easier topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dang1982

Hi all,

I am considering sitting the FE 1 exams. i was planning on completing the prep course in Griffith College. I work full time and dont enjoy studying at all. Are the exams really that difficult. I normally study bear minimum and scrape through. I was hoping to sit 4 exams together. Have the dates for the Autumn exams been confirmed yet?

Hi

Does anyone know what to prepare for constitutional this spring? I was thinking separation of powers and trial in due process. I'm not sure after that.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Honestly the exams are quite difficult, especially if you're not coming from a law background. That said no reason why you can't do it especially seeing as you have six months until the next sitting. I haven't done a prep course for them but I've heard they are quite good. If you're planning on doing four at once, it might be advisable for you to sit the ones people tend to view as the easiest. For me those would be criminal, property, contract and tort, although different people have different opinions on that. There's pretty much a consensus that criminal/property are the easiest though. The dates haven't been released yet and probably won't be until like July/August but they usually start at the end of September/beginning of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaz11

what topics were on the tort paper?

• Advertisement

Did anyone sit tort in person today who has the paper? Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greasedlightning

tort -

causation

vicarious liability or product liability it was unclear

nervous shock

trespass to person

rylands

res ipsa loquitur essay

consent s34 essay

limitations essay

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

Did anybody else answer the nervous shock question on vicarious liability

I don't know. I don't think it was on it. It was just nervous shock. The paper in total was bull. There was no occupiers liability, no defamation, no professional negligence, no public authority negligence and it had res ipsa loquitor?

I briefly mentioned it at the end.

Does anyone remember the facts of the microwave q with Nicola?

Yes would any one a copy of the tort exam from today? Would be much appreciated

Yes lol and then realised that the q on the microwave was on VL so had to go back in the last five mins and list as many cases as I could remember for nervous shock at the bottom of my answer (so I answered 2 qs on VL) oops!

The question with the microwave was on duty of care and product liability. The product had no defects and the lady who purchased the microwave was relying on an independent review. The girl who gave the review was acting independently. It was her own opinion. She owed no duty of care to the purchasers - Caparo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 takerfe1

• Advertisement

What are people covering for EU?

Tbh from talking to people after the exam it’s been very divided. Half people think product liability and the other half think vicarious liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Townton

Is consumer protection for contract going to be examined based on the 2022 legislation or the older stuff still examinable?

Read somewhere (can't recall where exactly) it could be both/either

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

What’s everyone doing for equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

im going to be referring to the 2022 leg! even if its not necessary I think it would be beneficial and help stand out from weaker answers

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lawdstudent2022

People on reddit talking about being kicked out of exam today?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SamWFE1

Kinda they updated a question in the middle of the exam and we had to leave and come back in. They gave us an extra 30 mins tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tdizzler

Slightly off topic, but has anybody else applied to Reddy Charlton for an internship this year. I applied 3 weeks ago and haven’t heard a peep from them, not even confirmation that my application was received.

what? They updated a question? as in changed it?.. never a dull day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Yep a red banner appeared across the screen saying Q8 changed and to log out and log back into the exam. It said our work would save and we would get an xtra half hour but apparently some people couldnt get back in or didnt get the xtra time!

Advertisement