Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Theory: Georgie knows who the killer is and why Laura was killed. It might explain why he is so interested in the case and why he has been trying to get close to the Halpins (perhaps to make amends somehow?).

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Photobox

The tache is a bit Hitler like too..I'm not sure what to make of Ronans acting technique, he delivers every line in a deadpan way, not sure if that's good or bad, possibly good as nothing worse than a performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭Deeec

I really hope its not Georgie. If it turns out that Georgie killed Laura because of some vendetta he has against the Halpins then I am done with Fair City!

Georgie appeared into the soap because he was doing a course with Sharon and became friendly with her. Are we expected to believe that it was coincidence that the Halpins were his new neighbours. I dont think he has shown even a remote interest in Damien and Mairead before now so for me its not credible but thats never stopped the writers before.

I really hope there is more to this murder than some new ( crap) Georgie backstory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The whole whodunnit is all a bit desperate really. Laura was a minor character that is gone for a good while. Does anyone really care?

Are we to believe Gay/bi-sexual Georgie arrived in Carrigstown to attend a hairdressers course and one of his first acts was to murder a girl he didn't know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Maybe it’ll turn out that he had a sister who was murdered too or maybe when Mairead was having Phoebe she had twins and he turns out to be her secret son. With Fair City anything is possible.

• Advertisement

Another speculative theory would be that his sister (young girl in the photo?) is the actual killer and Georgie is aware of this. Might explain why he is acting so weird and is overly interested in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭wazzzledazzle

Georgie just wants to help

ok Georgie, please do help, and **** off annoying us.

Ronan the Guard who looks like he's attempted to grow his first piece of fluff above his lip that makes him look like a child at a party with one of them stuck on taches

I note there are some sleuths reading in t the murder on here with a hundred thoeries. This is FC. It'll turn out she actually fell and hit her head on a rock and we'll be led to believe she dug her own shallow grave while dead

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

the Molly Ban and Salon have outside glass - mind you have not seen either premises in ages…

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

You may be onto something there …. the other possibility is that girl in the picture he has is a victim of a murder or missing …. and Georgie may think the same killer is involved ….

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Otis Hill

I see Ronan ditched the tash.

Why is Buckley always following Ronan around? Surely a detective wouldn't spend that much time with a garda on the beat. And poor Fidelma has been flung back into the shed when she was meant to be mentored by Buckley on this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Otis Hill

Does Mairead not know Damien at all? Surely she can't expect him not to fly off the handle when telling him Georgie is a suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I don't think the writers know north Dublin. Isn't Carrigstown meant to be in Finglas.?

The other night the showed the uniformed Garda sitting at a table in the pub chatting to George.

Where I live in North Dublin you are literally more likely to see a horse in the pub than that situation with the Garda and George.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Murt2024

Looks like Georgie is in the clear!!

Eye for an Eye, Who hates Damien and Mairead and Mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭con747

I just don't know why McCabe's name never got brought up. It's probably so obvious the idiot writer thinks nobody remembers how she targeted them but who knows with the ridiculous story's they come up with.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

So what's happened to hot pots? Has it closed down? Is someone else running it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

To me Georgie having a dead sibling made the most sense even before we saw him staring at the photo. Just going on Fair City writing standards.

McCabe is the next thing for.them.

Unless It's Fergal

Actually has Liam gone?

It's in the shed with the other yolk Alex is meant to be running for Christiano.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Brewzers.

Alex serving up coffees to the cast who are banished to the shed.

Now him and the coffee shack are in the shed doing it! You would think a setting outdoors would make more sense than the very loud whispers in the Spar/Community centre and so on so just because Dean is gone 4 a bit that option is gone. It shouldn't be too long before Fergal gets out of the shed so the murder should be wrapped up soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Niall_76

If he didn’t follow him he might have to tell him about forensic reports at the station rather than the deli at spar. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Steo is like someone from The Snaper, I was rotfl at the meal kit he brought Jess back

I felt sorry for Georgie and good acting from him

This "partnership" with Paul and Pete will not end well, their "plan" will fail

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Paul's car selling scheme is absolute madness, putting the car in his name and selling a week later, unnecessarily adding a new owner to devalue it and anyone would be super suspicious of a car being sold by the owner a week after buying it, who comes up with these ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭John arse

And they like their 'coffee' in Fair City land!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭threetrees

Steo is obviously from the Home Simpson school of fatherhood. Did the writers just throw together all states of utter stupidity and put them into Steo? I think he's a chauvinist.

Someone asked where Carraigstown is roughly based, I always thought it was Drumcondra or perhaps Phibsborough?

They just have too many stories on the go, Fergal, Laura's murder, the affair with Kiera, James and Hayley's takeover plan, Pete's addiction, Now Paul on a scam, Melanie gone awol to Scotland and no mention of the 10K and how many other stories have just been let go because they can't figure out how to write a story. I looked up the main writer a while ago but can't find her now, she writes fiction and has been published in the past but whatever they are paying her they should look for a refund.

It's listed as Dublin 9 on one of the street signs on the set, so that would more than likely be Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

It’s in Dublin 9. The houses you used to see in the old opening credits look like some housing estates in Whitehall/Santry

That's Georgie ruled out I take it ….. all roads seem to lead to McCabe but she would need to be coming into it at some point …. the only other viable suspect is Mairead …. the only fingerprints on the card …. which would be absolute madness as they'd have to invent some story why her and Laura were fighting ….. but anything is possible and they could do a Kerri-Ann like makeover of Mairead ….. I would not have thought Kerri Ann would be a murderer in a million years when she was introduced ….. so anything is possible ….. but McCabe makes most sense and would be most credible …..

• Advertisement

Fictional area in Dublin 9 close to Drumcondra I always assumed ….

Advertisement