Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Damian did it, will hand himself into the Gardai and claim the €50,000 reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭John arse

Would love to plant a Lidl or Aldi breakfast cereal in one of the scenes,I'd say there'd be fierce ructions.ps has anybody ever rushed out to get a Brennans loaf or a litre of premier dairy milk because of Fair City???- I know I haven't!🍞☕

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has ex Mrs Rafferty met Anto or Liam yet?

It looks like Hayley don't care anymore about what James was going to do to Sharon or what happened Carol just to get at her money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭littlevillage

When the new batch of TY writers come on board Fair City for June, they will probably bin the whole Laura storyline….and go back to the Fr. Liam youth cafe nonsense…and maybe squeeze in some woke/consent/feminist/emigration topic (Government information campaign).

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Otis Hill

I'd say Emma will hook up with either Anto (which would probably annoy Sharon and Hayley) or Liam (which would probably cause Raff and Carol to go ballistic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Photobox

This x 100. Remember Dean telling Fergal to stop feeling sorry for himself because he couldn't get a house, not enough eye rolls for that pro government nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Pete not drinking an Aldi or Lidl water the other night in the garage to take a pill

• Registered Users Posts: 18,390 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That's a bit unfair. Soaps have always covered topical societal issues that are in the news, many of which would be considered 'woke'. Haley being a transgender in Coronation Street for example and marrying Roy Cropper : this was nothing to do with pushing some government agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Lecter8319

Well in all fairness l don’t think ITV depend on government funding the way that Rte does but I get your point. Fair city does tend to bring in topics the government want to highlight. Online bullying (georgie), male on female violence(Laura’s death), scumbags possessively controlling/manipulating/threatening their partners (steo & Jess) to name a few but many others aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Agree … the far right especially Trump have brainwashed many with this anti-woke stuff …. so much so that people of this variety were cheering on FC character Fergal …. I feel we should just watch soaps for what they are and enjoy the better stories in them …. and not be sucked into this far right war on tolerance ….

• Advertisement

All such topics need highlighting …. and if a govt wants to highlight these topics it means they are caring …. I'd be worried if a govt was promoting the opposite values …. and promoting s-bags like Steo and Fergal as heroes ….

Post edited by lumphammer2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭littlevillage

At the end of the day, soaps are meant to be entertaining. Mindless entertainment... if you will.

When they try to bash us the viewers over the head with government propaganda messages.... it grates.

Maybe they feel they are being super subtle, but I think its important that they are called out on it.

That was the simple point I was making

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

How do you know that Lauras death was by a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They should do a spin-off show on the hell razer lives of JP and Corky.

But why would soap scriptwriters want to push some 'government agenda'……to what end? I doubt the government gives even the slightest hoot what storylines Fair City are covering. The idea that any government would instruct soap scriptwriters what storylines to cover would be completely off the wall.

It's not illegal for any soap to be 'woke', but in the very unlikely event they went completely in the opposite direction and started pushing far right storylines and characters, they could well find themselves in huge trouble, especially in relation to existing laws around equality, discrimination, hate speech and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭threetrees

Paul's going to con Dolly big time!

Paul already conned Wayne before, so some fool getting involved there.

The Paul - Doug 'scam' with the car doesn't make much sense. Apparently, Doug will make only €1k out of the deal…..wouldn't that just be very small change to the two of them?

Correction: 'Paul - Pete scam' (I'm mixing his name up with the son).

Post edited by Strazdas on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Deeec

The way Paul was sweet talking Dolly last night I wouldnt be suprised at all, if he sees her as a candidate for wife number whatever ( Ive lost count of his marriages at this stage). I could see euro signs in his eyes when Pete was telling him about her millions

Imagine Paul and Dolly as a couple - now that would be hilarious.😂

Post edited by Deeec on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Schools out so expect some really good story lines from Junior Cert writers doing their work experience.

The re-introduction of Nina adds in a new dimension …. what is she in it for ?? .. McCabe seems obvious so far … but Nina I do not remember much …. apart from her being annoying and not a nice person …. she could be a real suspect or just another decoy ….

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I skimmed an article recently with the guy ho plays Damien talking about the story.

He said he doesn't really know who the killer is.

He said he was reading the script with the guy who plays Dean and that's how he found out Laura was dead. This might mean Dean might be coming back.

Also, he said it highlights about violence against women in Ireland.

I'm slightly surprised Damien himself isn't a suspect. The way he went into an unscripted rage at the press conference would surely attract attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

If he's saying it highlights violence against women then no doubt the killer is a man, but again, this is Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

There is a good chance Laura killer will be revealed as either D Forbes or Tubs.

Nah, probably be Cass because she wouldn't join the revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 4,847 ✭✭✭Deeec

Im not sure that I care who killed Laura being honest. Its getting boring - there are no leads whatsoever. I cant see any clues being honest other than crazy Pete but Im probably wrong. I still think Fergal could be a suspect also.

Normally when someone is murdered in a soap they have created loads of enemies and its a whodunit which keeps our interest up. Laura didnt annoy anyone, wasnt even a character in the soap at the time and was never a popular character really. I think its just a story to give Damo and Mairead contract time.

I wouldnt be surprised if dumb and dumber never find the culprit and it will end up being a non story. It could be just a filler storyline - RTE hasnt done any promo clips like they normally do for big storylines.

• Advertisement

Agreed, stupid storyline. At least with Cian there was something behind that story.

All we have now is Damien pouting his lips and screaming down an iphone offering 50g to find the killer and the other muppet next to him with her perma frown on her

Advertisement