Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

Finally some proper snow in D.24

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

My better half sent me this from Glasgow

Sister sent me a video of the snow from Paisley road in Glasgow,gutted watching it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Starting yk stick in D24 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

ollie103 wrote: »
    Light dusting of ice in Malahide.

When snow pictures reveal fellow boardsies live a street away:D:D:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,613 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

amor3 wrote: »
    Finally some proper snow in D.24

You on the wine already? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Those small graupel showers are starting to stick to cars now in cork city, very very light and not even white. Cork airport is reporting 0.5cm or so

Give it time. Prob in the wee small hours until about 12 or so tom. Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

You on the wine already? :pac:

Haha, who needs a wine cooler in that weather ðŸ·ðŸ·(well spotted!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Kilcock

94-B2-DD7-D-1-F81-4299-B588-377-AF6-E2-ACC8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

For the Southern gang,

Today has more or less played out as expected with constant snow grains falling. As we move into tonight this ppn will continue and any graupel/snow will tend to lie more readily. Towards morning ppn is likely to increase and lead to quite a snowy day on the coast tomorrow
    Expecting a couple of cms lying by Tuesday evening.

Wednesday looks like being very cold but overall quite dry with frost and any lying snow persisting through the day.

Thursday is starting to look more and more like a snow day for the South but turning to sleet Thursday evening.
    For now an orange alert looks about right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Never lose that optimism JS :D

Certainly kept me going the last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

pad199207 wrote: »
    Kilcock

94-B2-DD7-D-1-F81-4299-B588-377-AF6-E2-ACC8.jpg
    First photo I've seen today from Ireland with actual accumulations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

First photo I've seen today from Ireland with actual accumulations

Dandruff wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

There is not enough intensity in these showers anywhere and the temperatures are hovering around 1 or 2 degrees anyway so any graupel or snow that falls will not stick....

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Starting yk stick in D24 now.

Lovely 5 minutes of proper flakey snow after snizzling on and off all day.
    My kids are throwing snowballs!
    Roll on the main event - whenever that is, could be Thu, Fri, Saturday or even Sunday!!!
    Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Snow is great for kids and fun. For most it is a fkn pain in the rear end.

I love the way the worst possible influx of sneachta will always melt in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EMPotatohands

Seeing videos on twitter of snow in Tallaght etc and it looks like it’s been pissing rain in Ballyfermot all day. Sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Hope this picture attached!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Snow is great for kids and fun. For most it is a fkn pain in the rear end.

I love the way the worst possible influx of sneachta will always melt in the end.

Always hated jumping in the car and heading out to work when the snow was around previously but now with the whole WFH thing it would be great to get a massive belt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Nice to see firhouse got some well deserved snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Never lose that optimism JS :D

Certainly kept me going the last week

Actually is a great distraction and break from the norm to follow these events when not much else going on these days :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think most of us south of Navan to Drogheda area can forget about seeing anything decent tonight. That Wales shadow is an absolute killer, i'm right on the northern tip of that shadow and it's probably going to move slightly more north through the night. Northern half of Meath could have several cm by the morning if this trend continues through the night but below that line probably less than 1cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Rte weather very vague about Thursday (and onwards) just now
    Possible accumulations
    Sleet and snow (she seemed to emphasize sleet)

Then it quickly jumped back to today and tonight, I think parts of Wexford and Southern Kilkenny will wake up to 1-2 CMS that might be topped up further in the early afternoon.

I am praying for an upgrade of sorts to Thursday :pac::D

Is that a joke???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

For the Southern gang,

Today has more or less played out as expected with constant snow grains falling. As we move into tonight this ppn will continue and any graupel/snow will tend to lie more readily. Towards morning ppn is likely to increase and lead to quite a snowy day on the coast tomorrow
    Expecting a couple of cms lying by Tuesday evening.

Wednesday looks like being very cold but overall quite dry with frost and any lying snow persisting through the day.

Thursday is starting to look more and more like a snow day for the South but turning to sleet Thursday evening.
    For now an orange alert looks about right!

I hope you are right JS. Might be a bit on the optimistic side IMHO but would love to be proved wrong.

Just generally the met radar looks really good over Dublin right now. Its a bit surprising and not in a good way therefore not to getting lots of reports of snow accumulating. What is showing for them on the radar right now is what I was hoping we might get if everything fell right....

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Is that a joke???

She seemed very sure about snow for the east and north..... Rain for south and west....

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Is that a joke???
    Let her enjoy the dusting shes getting,any need?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Yes nice photo of your decking alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think most of us south of Navan to Drogheda area can forget about seeing anything decent tonight. That Wales shadow is an absolute killer, i'm right on the northern tip of that shadow and it's probably going to move slightly more north through the night. Northern half of Meath could have several cm by the morning if this trend continues through the night but below that line probably less than 1cm.

Looks like it is Angelsea shadow causing that gap in the streamers alright. Caernarfon bay looks to be creating enough space for the streamer line to your South to be created. Fine margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

Absolutely pelting down in Naas

7-DA0-B4-AC-D90-B-4-CF0-B233-ED82-CBA615-D2.jpg

• Advertisement

Daz_ wrote: »
    Yes nice photo of your decking alright

Stop staring at Wine Godesses decking ya dirty yolk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement