Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason 2021 - Trades, Free Agency, QB Carousel

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do you have a link, I don't see anything on their site that not behind a paywall.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The eagles have released alshon Jeffrey and Malik Jackson. The first isn’t in any way a surprise. Expect Zack Ertz to be out the door soon enough also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Xavi6 wrote: »

If Long is healed up and ready to go I'm delighted to see him get another run at this, but he was so injury plagued throughout his career, I can't help but dread what will be the outcome. But whatever, he was my favourite bear when he was playing, totally a team player, a beast and a good guy, so I'd love if he won a super bowl. But wouldn't be surprised if he gets another injury early on. But it's a no lose situation for the chiefs, presume he will not be someone that they absolutely can't live without in the way he was for us, and won't cost much. Then if he performs at his best you have one of the best guards in the league. I'm not expecting that level from him, but anything's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Curtis Samuel off to Washington.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Patrick Peterson to the Vikings, one-year deal worth $10 million.

5H8qrWw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Curtis Samuel off to Washington.

Nearly every fanbase wanted him as an 'under the radar' signing. With fanbases knowing obviously teams did too and caused him to get a pretty good deal in a depressed WR market.

That WFT offense is looking a lot better this year with their signings so far, which should complement that great defense. Outlandish prediction that an NFC East team might even have a winning season.

With Seahawks trading for Gabe Jackson they are down to just 3 draft picks - a 2nd, a 4th, and a 7th. Not much cap space either. No wonder Wilson is getting restless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Trubisky to the Bills to back up Josh Allen.

• Advertisement

Kenyan Drake to Oakland (2 years, $11m)

Mariota has been asked to take a paycut from $10.75m to $3m. If he refuses, Oakland are likely to release him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

Kyle Fuller getting released by the Bears to bring in Andy Dalton.

That’s a tough one for Bears fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

letowski wrote: »

giphy.gif

Phillip Lindsay and the broncos have agreed to part ways. They were showing his stats for the 2020 season and it was worse than I realised. Hopefully he gets a chance to reset and show what we know he can do.

letowski wrote: »

It's mental, it's impossible to tell whether they're trying to rebuild or (and I know this will make people laugh but some decisions point that way in a half assed way) win now. Why were these clowns not fired ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭letowski

It's mental, it's impossible to tell whether they're trying to rebuild or (and I know this will make people laugh but some decisions point that way in a half assed way) win now. Why were these clowns not fired ffs?

Yeah RDS, I think its inexplicable really. Teams have been in cap space trouble this summer, but you can restructure some players and cut some 2nd and 3rd tier guys. It should never have to come to cutting a top tier CB who has been a staple in the team for years. Clearly Pace does not have a sound investment strategy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Seems to be a fairly common thing with vets this year, obviously impacted by the big salary cap reduction. I wonder what the tactic from these lads are. Are they hoping they'll land with a team with cap space who'll give them what they want? Are they gonna test the market for a few months and then sign for a lower amount by June? Or will they wait until the regular season starts, then play on a one year deal once someone gets an injury. Would players be hoping the cap goes up a good bit in 2022, so they'd want to be free agents for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Phillip Lindsay and the broncos have agreed to part ways. They were showing his stats for the 2020 season and it was worse than I realised. Hopefully he gets a chance to reset and show what we know he can do.
    There wasn't much expected from him out of college was there? Sounds like he overperformed for his breakout year

JuJu staying in Pittsburgh on a 1 year deal for $8m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Blut2

Shedite27 wrote: »
    There wasn't much expected from him out of college was there? Sounds like he overperformed for his breakout year

He rushed for over 1000 yards in both of his first two years (2018 and 2019), and received for over 200 yards in both. Which is a pretty solid return for an undrafted free agent I think.

Last year was a let down but he got far fewer touches of the ball because Melvin Gordon was the newly arrived firm RB1, which was a big factor.

If hes signed for a cheap price (which he should be) I think hes got a lot of upside as a young-ish RB2.

• Advertisement

Blut2 wrote: »
    He rushed for over 1000 yards in both of his first two years (2018 and 2019), and received for over 200 yards in both. Which is a pretty solid return for an undrafted free agent I think.

Last year was a let down but he got far fewer touches of the ball because Melvin Gordon was the newly arrived firm RB1, which was a big factor.

If hes signed for a cheap price (which he should be) I think hes got a lot of upside as a young-ish RB2.

If anything he has already worn himself down after a few successful years in the league. There is a reason why RBs have such short lives in the game.

His YPC wasn't wildly different last year (4.3) versus the previous year (4.5). I think he'll be a good pickup for someone. He's only in the league 3 years, he has plenty left in the tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Blut2

Knowing RBs and their durability issues theres always a possibility hes already past it. But hes only 26, and has only played 2.5 seasons so far. So I would also suspect hopefully hes not there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Well he's gonna do it in Houston now anyway

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Titans trading last year's first round pick Isaiah Wilson to the Dolphins for a 2021 7th rounder. The Dolphins also get a 2022 7th. Jeepers, what a bust.

He's been cut by Miami already.

Showed up late to his physical.
    Showed up late to orientation.
    Skipped 2 voluntary workouts he committed to attending.
    Turned down Miami's offer of "help", whatever that may be.

Perhaps videos of him partying on top of vehicles this weekend were the last straw.

He can party all he likes now.

He's been cut by Miami already.

Showed up late to his physical.
    Showed up late to orientation.
    Skipped 2 voluntary workouts he committed to attending.
    Turned down Miami's offer of "help", whatever that may be.

Perhaps videos of him partying on top of vehicles this weekend were the last straw.

He misunderstood the phrase go big OR go home and he went big and he’s going home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The giants are signing kenny Golladay and the eagles can’t even keep their punter ffs. The eagles need to get the finger out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

adrian522 wrote: »

How many bloody days was he camping in NJ trying to get that done?

Advertisement