Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Tegan WW wrote: »

There just has to be wolves in that lucy wagon. And there definitely has to be if one of the people on 2 votes like Jake or Mary is a wolf. Mary votes off wagon on Steve. How curious the two of them have ended up together with Derry on Jake for day 3 and Jake is on the Lucy wagon. Myself, Clodagh and Babs voting off wagon with myself and Clodagh voting confirmed villagers. not a great look for either of us. 5 living players on that Lucy wagon, we probably should be trying to clean that down a bit as there has to be wolves on there although probably no more than 2. Another wolf in the single voters and another wolf somewhere else. Gabriels self vote is a bit angleshooty which I think makes it more likely to come from a villager than a wolf.

All 4 voters on Nigel are villagers and at least 2 of the voters on Phil are, its very strange that the wolves would have been staying off all the wagons. I dont know how the day went, but if there was anybody that got on Emily early and seemed reluctant to get off as the day went on, that would look wolfy for them. Wolves tend to have trouble moving off wagons as they dont know how to make their vote switches look villagery. What can then happen is you get a vote switch like Jakes, which wasnt necessarily villagery but could have been if one of Phil or Emily is a wolf. Phil proven not to be and Emily not likely to be makes Jake > rand to be a wolf.

if barbara or jake are wolves, then there are definitely wolves on that Vernon wagon

patrick despite being low posting, his votes arent bad. He's on a different person every day which is good. it reflects a differing opinion as he works his way through the game.

We need a wolf. If one of barbara or Jake are wolves, i think it opens up the whole game. it's still going to cause problems with the shape shifting T-1000. very unlikely to be any wolves on either of them if they are a wolf. The wolves then will be scattered in the single voters of which once again there are many or the vernon wagon.

Not a lot of conclusions there I know. i really need a wolf dead to start tieing it altogether. it's still way too open. A good portion of wolves somewhere in Eva Steva Clodagh gertrude Jake/Babs - Votes wise Orla possibly as well too, but they could be just new

I am in agreement on Jake... also felt his last post on thread he was very quick to jump in with Gabriel's nonsense and say I have to go:
    Jake WW wrote: »
    The policy lynch on Derry is obvious now it's mentioned. It's a real shame we didn't mention it before. We really needed it to hit a clear wagon.
    I think my gut feel is irrelevant now but I think Derry is good and screwed up, he has to go. I think Mary is wolf. Steve I don't have a clue. But without doubt they all have to go so gut feels don't matter

His gut says I am good... but yet thinks I should go when villagers are dropping like flies. It's hardly because I called him out being a wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Tough day yesterday. Barely a chance to read the thread all day. Read it this morning and it made my head spin.
    Practically everyone accused of being a wolf.
    And Eva wants me to be shot! Because I voted for Vernon.
    Me and 4 others

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Tough day yesterday. Barely a chance to read the thread all day. Read it this morning and it made my head spin.
    Practically everyone accused of being a wolf.
    And Eva wants me to be shot! Because I voted for Vernon.
    Me and 4 others

Your late drop in and homing straight in on Vernon did look quite suspicious.

I explained this. I mentioned her 3 times before I voted. Tegan said do it if it feels right. But Tegan didn't sway who I voted for, just that I vote at all. I mentioned already that I went on gut and trusting a poster. The person I trusted most was Nigel.
    In my defence I was late trying to protect Nigel but I did try protect him. Like I say I am new enough to the game and everybody was jumping "hair trigger like" over people but I did try to say hold off on Nigel people. I didn't vote because I was going to vote for Barbara if I did at all and I didn't really think she was a wolf.

The two people I trust most now are Gabriel and Barbara.

This whole excuse doesn't make any sense to me.
    Why was the only other person you could vote for if you werent voting for Nigel Barbara? Theres surely a whole heap of others if the only players you trust are Gabriel and Barbara.
    As Tegan pointed out earlier, there must be a wolf hiding out in the Lucy posts, I think that s you.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Your late drop in and homing straight in on Vernon did look quite suspicious.

Late drop in. Mental day at work and at home.
    Voting for Vernon was because of the Nigel lynch.
    Yesterday morning I said it. I quoted the Nigel posts.
    Nigel said look at who voted for him.
    Vernon was the only one left. I was sure he was a wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Not a fan of Tegan's wagonomics. Brendan gets a by as a sub...its been the same player for 2 days now.

Patrick's game play has progressed because he has voted for different people? So have others. Patrick is skating by on the bare minimum of posts. He isn't the only low poster but he is impressively low.

Voting for villagers is meaningless in terms of identifying people as wolves because villagers don't know anyone's identity. It's only useful when a wolf is identified.

Depending on the munch target this morning I think I have to completely reevaluate my analysis of players so far. I think I have been assuming things that may not be true.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Not a fan of Tegan's wagonomics. Brendan gets a by as a sub...its been the same player for 2 days now.

Patrick's game play has progressed because he has voted for different people? So have others. Patrick is skating by on the bare minimum of posts. He isn't the only low poster but he is impressively low.

Voting for villagers is meaningless in terms of identifying people as wolves because villagers don't know anyone's identity. It's only useful when a wolf is identified.

Depending on the munch target this morning I think I have to completely reevaluate my analysis of players so far. I think I have been assuming things that may not be true.
    I also agree re: Brendan and Patrick. Both are very suspicious to me, and I dont see how Patrick voting for a different person every day clears him, but Barbara sticking to Doris makes her a wolf

Derry WW wrote: »
    This whole excuse doesn't make any sense to me.
    Why was the only other person you could vote for if you werent voting for Nigel Barbara? Theres surely a whole heap of others if the only players you trust are Gabriel and Barbara.
    As Tegan pointed out earlier, there must be a wolf hiding out in the Lucy posts, I think that s you.

You are mixing me up somewhere. I was never voting for Nigel.
    Barbara was the one I considered voting for.
    But she is too loud, too conspicuous.
    I voted no lynch. If I was a wolf I could have jumped on the Nigel bandwagon because if I was a wolf I would know he was good and would have been delighted to kill a villager.
    I was trying to save Nigel.

Also who would I vote for?There were people saying one thing all day and then the opposite that evening. The posting was all over the place. It head-wrecked me.
    I am new at this. I can't easily see what all you guys find easy to see.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    You think Derry is good but we need to lynch him.

I’m sleeping in tomorrow, this village is f**kin mad.
    So, I've changed my mind but to explain, the only way to prove we can trust Derry's info is to lynch him. If he was clearing a load of villagers it would be prefect

Having slept on it though, I now think it has to be a trick play. My guess guess is he's the main terminator, prepared to lose a life if he takes out Mary and Steve. I think Derry should shot before Mary

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    i'll re engage if someone other than 3 wolves are on thread. yourself, barbara and angus.

But according to you, Mary, Steve and I and even Jake are all wolves too? And I am currently on mobile and showing all posts isn't allowing me back more than 2 pages, but I'm sure you accused others also.
    or derry could be full of ****.

but yes, i agree. unless there is a claim.

Why are you asking for a role to be claimed? Any claim would be disastrous for the village now we have lost Arnie. If John or Sarah are claimed, Kyle protects them tonight and dies, and the following night they are gone. It would only help the wolves right now if that were to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I voted no lynch. If I was a wolf I could have jumped on the Nigel bandwagon because if I was a wolf I would know he was good and would have been delighted to kill a villager.

Also who would I vote for?There were people saying one thing all day and then the opposite that evening. The posting was all over the place. It head-wrecked me.

You were trying to save Nigel? There were two counter wagons for you to save Nigel, jumping on to No Lynch helped no one.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Doris had the best idea of how to use the scanner for the village.

Doris had you nailed on as a wolf early doors.

Doris is the MVP of seeing through your bull****.

As I said, useless.

I'm new too, but not using it as an excuse for my play. Anyone can say I'm new as a way out of dodgy play. Anon accounts means that cant be trusted.

Eva WW wrote: »
    You were trying to save Nigel? There were two counter wagons for you to save Nigel, jumping on to No Lynch helped no one.

Counter-wagons?

So, I've changed my mind but to explain, the only way to prove we can trust Derry's info is to lynch him. If he was clearing a load of villagers it would be prefect

Having slept on it though, I now think it has to be a trick play. My guess guess is he's the main terminator, prepared to lose a life if he takes out Mary and Steve. I think Derry should shot before Mary

This makes absolutely no sense - unless you are a wolf.
    Let's get rid of Derry who is putting the pressure onto a vote for me.

I'm thinking despite what I said last night, Vig needs to eliminate Steve from the table. The more I think about it the more I realise hes got too many options with the bullet to send the village into a spin.

Wolf Steve will be trying to think of ways to stretch the game eliminating as many villagers as possible. Just remove him from the fog with a bullet

I'm new too, but not using it as an excuse for my play. Anyone can say I'm new as a way out of dodgy play. Anon accounts means that cant be trusted.

My play last night never changed from what I said yesterday morning. Check my posts. I was looking at the people who lynched Nigel. Vernon was the only one left.

I'm thinking despite what I said last night, Vig needs to eliminate Steve from the table. The more I think about it the more I realise hes got too many options with the bullet to send the village into a spin.

Wolf Steve will be trying to think of ways to stretch the game eliminating as many villagers as possible. Just remove him from the fog with a bullet

Either way does he not get to use his bullet this morning regardless? Big killing him now might be premature - seeing what he does first is prob more valuable to us.

1. These are Nigel's posts. He is clearly calling for us to look at his voters.

2. Also asked the voters to justify the decisions. Have they been called out on this enough?

3. Who started the turn on Nigel? He went from 99% villager to lynched in a few hours. Where did this start?

Orla that posts was at 8.30am, three of the four were shot. You never followed up on your own question 3. I dont buy this as a reason to vote for someone with any further examination.

Asking a lot of questions, disappear for a few hours, back for competition and then disappear again

Then the below right before lynch as a hammer vote on Vern.
    I am under severe pressure from work and family.

I keep coming back to last night.

Nigel asked us to look at who voted for him.

Who turned the vote when Nigel was accepted as village/

Ok it totally has to be Vernon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

This makes absolutely no sense - unless you are a wolf.
    Let's get rid of Derry who is putting the pressure onto a vote for me.
    Mary's been all over me for ages, I'm hardly switching to you because you've called my out. "just because I picked on you" is a weak excuse

It's the best picture I can fit to the events

• Advertisement

Either way does he not get to use his bullet this morning regardless? Big killing him now might be premature - seeing what he does first is prob more valuable to us.

So what do you want the vig to do? If he shoots Mary and shes a wolf, do we trust him as good?

If he goes rogue, we lynch him, what do we do with Mary (and you) then? Lynch him then her?

If he shoots Mary and shes good, hes on the rope anyway! So talk it out, let me know how its valuable to see what he does?

You seem to forget the most powerful village power yesterday morning, Steve had it and tracked Emily a non self pres wagon and gave us nothing.

I dont trust Steve, whatsoever!

And yes he of course still has his bullet

Derry, quick question...

Why the gun for Steve and protection for me, why not the other way around?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Ah lads someone take the whacky tobbaccy away from Gabs, he's got more wolves than villagers, pure paranoia central.

I'm going for Mary this morning. Here's how I see it, Ockham's Razor. The most obvious answer is usually the correct one. Derry made a boo boo with the scanner but is a villager. I know I'm a villager so it's gotta be Mary.

Though I understand that we probably never get out from under this suspicion and likely have to go after Mary flips wolf but I'll take out Mary, bag ourselves our first wolf and we can reassess post munch

As always, work is going to severely limit my contributions for this phase from about 9am onwards but I'll try to get on as much as I can.

Orla that posts was at 8.30am, three of the four were shot. You never followed up on your own question 3. I dont buy this as a reason to vote for someone with any further examination.

Asking a lot of questions, disappear for a few hours, back for competition and then disappear again

Then the below right before lynch as a hammer vote on Vern.

This is a game. Believe it or not some people have to work for a living. I said on Mon someone got fired and i was a witness. Paperwork was manic yesterday. Other people's jobs and reputations are on the line. There was a family crisis after work. **** happens. It's called real life
    It's now 8:30 i have to "disppear" again. I call it driving to work.

This is a game. Believe it or not some people have to work for a living. I said on Mon someone got fired and i was a witness. Paperwork was manic yesterday. Other people's jobs and reputations are on the line. There was a family crisis after work. **** happens. It's called real life
    It's now 8:30 i have to "disppear" again. I call it driving to work.

Hey Orla, no problem! I'm not doubting your real life credentials here, I also have to work for a living and post in fits in spurts where I can. I'm playing the game when I point out you've not followed through on your own questions. You have your reasoning and thats absolutely fine! I hope all is well professionally and family wise

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Morning

Just no to this

People seem confused on the scanner: Derry as a wolf scanning his own wagon would be the same as Derry as a wolf scanning any other wagon of two. Wed evaluate the two then look at Derry- same rule has to apply here. Either:

Derry is village and we’re at least 50:50 to get a wolf if Steve shoots Mary (I’d go for this) or

Derry is a wolf and we play it through up to a derry lynch at a future point

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Just so there's no confusion...

I have protected Emily.
    why did you feel the need to declare that on thread?
    Because I don't want people coming back when other things are declared saying that I was acting based on that.
    was it you that said something along the lines of, that's how i communicate with the wolves?

if so, you are the t1000 but dont share a backroom with them
    Angus WW wrote: »
    To see what you would say obviously..

See Barb, I'm learning now :D

Really need to put the phone down now
    you really do, cos that was from a different account :eek:

anyone want to explain that interaction from last night?

anyone want to explain that interaction from last night?

Yes, please, could someone explain...

Derry, quick question...

Why the gun for Steve and protection for me, why not the other way around?

I initially did it the other way round, and switched. The reason being is you went village with the gun the night before, but I feel you are too focused on Doris, and I'm still trying to figure that spat out. And wasnt too sure if you would hold back 2 days in a row. You went village the night before, bit it's easy to go village when you know you are taking out a villager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

QUICK REMINDER
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT - Speed day!

Revised timetable for actions TODAY (THURSDAY)

Thread Closed at 10am

Munch / night actions - 10.30am. Thread opens

Skynet codes comp 12.30pm

Lynch 4pm (thread closes)

Lynch vote reveal 4.30pm (thread reopens)

530pm Thread closes.

6pm Munch/ night actions (thread reopens.

Lynch 9pm. (thread closes)

Lynch reveal 930pm (Thread reopens)

Advertisement