Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I initially did it the other way round, and switched. The reason being is you went village with the gun the night before, but I feel you are too focused on Doris, and I'm still trying to figure that spat out. And wasnt too sure if you would hold back 2 days in a row. You went village the night before, bit it's easy to go village when you know you are taking out a villager.

Also Steve & the tracker. Easy to say you tracked someone, but there is no fall out from that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    I'm thinking despite what I said last night, Vig needs to eliminate Steve from the table. The more I think about it the more I realise hes got too many options with the bullet to send the village into a spin.

Wolf Steve will be trying to think of ways to stretch the game eliminating as many villagers as possible. Just remove him from the fog with a bullet

I think we need to play this out first

So what do you want the vig to do? If he shoots Mary and shes a wolf, do we trust him as good?

If he goes rogue, we lynch him, what do we do with Mary (and you) then? Lynch him then her?

If he shoots Mary and shes good, hes on the rope anyway! So talk it out, let me know how its valuable to see what he does?

You seem to forget the most powerful village power yesterday morning, Steve had it and tracked Emily a non self pres wagon and gave us nothing.

I dont trust Steve, whatsoever!

And yes he of course still has his bullet

I'll come back to this when I'm at the PC in a bit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Feeling better about Derry and Steve being on a wolf team together. Night 1 both voted for Brendan. Now a low poster is a nice safe spot for a wolf on N1 but both of them? I'd be a bit surprised.

Night 2 Derry and Mary voted together for Isla. Again, would they have doubled up?

I've also been looking at the night 1 single votes. A few people mentioned that there could likely have been a wolf on wolf vote among them. Based on the flips we have, the only potential wolf on wolf single votes left are:
    Mary voting Steve
    Barbara voting Doris

All the other single votes were either V on V, ? on V or V on ?

Brendan's vote has been counted as a no lynch and Gabriel self-voted so those tell us nothing much.

I initially did it the other way round, and switched. The reason being is you went village with the gun the night before, but I feel you are too focused on Doris, and I'm still trying to figure that spat out. And wasnt too sure if you would hold back 2 days in a row. You went village the night before, bit it's easy to go village when you know you are taking out a villager.

Wouldn’t that shot have given us info too?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I think Derry is a wolf and gave the gun to another wolf.

The thing that sticks out to me big time is Steve during that competition on the first day. He had time to Google all the answers and write a post, but didn't have time to Google the answers and send BJ a PM.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Barbara WW wrote: »

The thing that sticks out to me big time is Steve during that competition on the first day. He had time to Google all the answers and write a post, but didn't have time to Google the answers and send BJ a PM.

Mad that no one has mentioned it before:D

Do you think they'd both have voted on Brendan on night one?

This would have been the stupidest move ever.

Mad that no one has mentioned it before:D

Yeah but it seemed to have been forgotten

• Advertisement

This would have been the stupidest move ever.

Why?

Why?

Because there are 3 of us in the firing line.
    Mary turns out to be a villager, Steve is a wolf.
    Obviously the spotlight is on me then and so it should.
    But if a wolf gave a gun to another wolf, they would split up, and hide among a large number of votes to protect themselves surely.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Yeah but it seemed to have been forgotten

It was listed multiple times on the last few pages and yesterday a few times too (by me, Emily and others). No one gives a ****e by my reading of the response

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

People seem to be forgetting that there was a third prize here and its getting overlooked

Derry, Why Barbara with the shield?

Because there are 3 of us in the firing line.
    Mary turns out to be a villager, Steve is a wolf.
    Obviously the spotlight is on me then and so it should.
    But if a wolf gave a gun to another wolf, they would split up, and hide among a large number of votes to protect themselves surely.

Pretty much this- if Derry is a wolf the best play would be to pick two villagers and give one a gun

Unfortunately in that case the only real option is to kill the villagers first

I actually think all three have to be killed anyway unless we get more info, the only important bit is the sequence we apply, which I think has to be Mary Steve Derry for now

I also agree on this, and I have said so earlier also. I think Orla is dodge.

What I suggest is, Steve shoots Mary... sorry Mary, he has the gun already, nothing I can do on this.
    We will find out tomorrow if Mary is village or wolf. If Mary is wolf, it doesn't clear Steve. If Mary is village, then tomorrow evening, we lynch Steve knowing he is a wolf.
    We also have Vig tonight, like Eva I suggest Orla here.

Other take is both Mary and Steve are wolves, in which case Steve either kills one of his own, or else goes against the village and outs himself as a wolf.

Barbara has a shield this eve, I dont know what she is doing with this. I gave it to her because she is causing so much chaos amongst us that the wolves don't want to see the back of her too easily. She might be a wolf, fair enough, but She said earlier she might protect Emily. Wolves would be stupid to go after me... I'm casting too much doubt now with everyone jumping straight on the wolf barrel towards me. They may very well go against what I'm saying here though just to spite me. Will see.

@Eva

anyway, this is all moot right now - Steve has the gun, its almost 10am, he can kill Mary, he could kill me - or someone else entirely.
    I have to bring the car to the mechanic for 10am, and won't be online.
    End of the day, Steve has all the power right now - I had half an hour to decide yesterday, and everyone will have different views on my decision, and everyone will have different views on my scan decision also. I realised too late, I should have changed my vote away from Jake, but what's done is done now. I didn't because I do believe Jake is dodge. I am standing by my conviction there.
    All you can go on in this game is your own reasoning and beliefs on how others are playing the game - in my panic yesterday of a rushed decision, I decided that Barbara and Steve were the ones I would give the prizes to - I have given my reasoning on this on my other posts. That may now come back to bite me in the ass if Steve is a wolf. We will see.
    If Steve does kill me, then I do think Mary is a wolf also. If he kills Mary, and Mary is a wolf, then Steve and I shouldn't be cleared as good by the village, but at the same time, I just know I am village, and I hope that starts becoming clear. If Mary is village, then Steve will be lynched later or shot by the vig. It also points more towards being a wolf - and if so, so be it, but I assure you I am not. It would be the worst move a wolf pack could ever make, and if you can't see that, then look at who is pushing you that way.
    I'm outtie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Well we've got at least one wolf in three there (whether Derry is telling the truth or not). There might be a play to have three wolves on one wagon, but that doesn't seem like the optimal play for the wolves. I'd have wanted a wolf on each of the top wagons probably 2 on the top wagon, then 1 on second and third (or maybe 2 on the second if there were just two main wagons). That or 1 on each of the top three and then 1 outlier.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    VOTES....

Vernon WW (5) - Tegan WW, Clodagh WW, Orla WW, Brendan WW, Gertrude WW

Barbara WW (4) Angus WW, Doris WW, Jake WW, Vernon WW

Jake WW (3) - Derry WW, Steve WW, Mary WW

Steve WW (1) - Eva WW

Gabriel WW (1) - Emily WW

Emily WW (1) - Gabriel WW

Gertrude WW (1) - Conor WW

Clodagh WW (1) - Patrick WW

Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW

Attention Players : The Terminator Scan was used. Those votes in Blue were scanned. The result will be given to the player who used the scan. Results will either be Positive or Negative. If positive, a Terminator is present in the blue votes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Morning

Just no to this

People seem confused on the scanner: Derry as a wolf scanning his own wagon would be the same as Derry as a wolf scanning any other wagon of two. Wed evaluate the two then look at Derry- same rule has to apply here. Either:

Derry is village and we’re at least 50:50 to get a wolf if Steve shoots Mary (I’d go for this) or

Derry is a wolf and we play it through up to a derry lynch at a future point

This is exactly the point I was making. We didn’t know which team Derry was on regardless of whether he was in the voting block or not. So wolf or village it didn’t matter. If people have an issue with the amount of people (2) he was able to check that’s one thing but It doesn’t matter he was in the votes as it doesn’t make the results any different or less credible.

Village has been terrible at reading things so far. But one thing keeps at me. Everybody alive today and after munch are either wolves or players the wolves didn’t see as a threat. Wolves haven’t been targeting low posters. I’m trying to work out who have offered the most influence in game without being singled out for criticism.

Yesterday the village went through every player who voted for Nigel because “it was obvious a wolf is in there”. Now we go after Derry , Mary and Steve “because it’s obvious a wolf is in there?”. Mary and Steve have pinged my radar at different times but I’m not sure what has happened since the comp adds to my suspicions.

Derry being in his group makes no difference. I find anybody saying otherwise very suspect. Gabriel in particular, either you aren’t getting why it’s not important or you are just intentionally ignoring it. He’s ironically gotten far bolder with his insinuations which actually ties in with what he said about wolves who get bolder as they get closer to winning. Eva has been a bit all over the ship aswell a bit. Accused me of being different from MOn-Tuesday but has gone gone generally seeing things from both angles to straight at people.

I’m inclined to think maybe Derry is good for the fact the village lynched previous days competition winner. Why would wolves risk coming out on thread yesterday when we haven’t hit one of them in 3 days? Only residing would be taunt us but they have had nothing to fear all along.

@Steve, do you wanna swap prizes?

• Advertisement

Edit: I suppose I could see a wolf play where they use the comp to have village running round in circles. But this problem was always going to exist regardless of who won prize (we don’t know which team they are) and how they used it (still don’t think Derry being in the vote group matters).

Emily WW wrote: »
    Edit: I suppose I could see a wolf play where they use the comp to have village running round in circles. But this problem was always going to exist regardless of who won prize (we don’t know which team they are) and how they used it (still don’t think Derry being in the vote group matters).

But counter to this, why not pick a bigger lynch group to drive us all mad! Ah feck this, I’m not convinced Derry is making a wolf play but I’m not sure of anything anymore. Did United really lose to sheff United last night? Maybe that didn’t really happen.

Emily WW wrote: »
    But counter to this, why not pick a bigger lynch group to drive us all mad! Ah feck this, I’m not convinced Derry is making a wolf play but I’m not sure of anything anymore. Did United really lose to sheff United last night? Maybe that didn’t really happen.

Rest assured, that definitely happened ;)

Rest assured, that definitely happened ;)

Steve , shoot Barbara

200.gif

So this is the last three night's lynches. I think there has to be at least one wolf on the Lucy wagon. I also think paying attention to the single votes is worthwhile so I've highlighted what we know about them. While I know I'm a villager, I've left a question mark beside my name because nobody else can know that for sure.

N1
    Lucy WW (8) - Doris WW, Orla WW, Jake WW, Angus WW, Conor WW, Frank WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW
    No Lynch (2) - Emily WW, Brendan WW, Vern WW
    Jake WW (2) - Patrick WW, Lucy WW,
    Brendan (2) - Derry WW, Steve WW
    Mary WW (2) - Gertrude WW, Eva WW
    Steve WW (1) - Mary WW ? On ?
    Clodagh WW (1) - Isla WW V on ?
    Tegan WW (1) - Katie WW V on ?
    Katie WW (1) - Tegan WW ? On V
    Phil WW (1) - Fiona WW V on V
    Fiona WW (1) - Clodagh WW ? on V
    Gabriel WW (1) - Gabriel WW - SELF VOTE ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? on ?

N2
    Nigel WW (4) - Vernon WW, Phil WW, Frank WW, Isla WW
    Phil WW (3) - Tegan WW, Gertrude WW, Fiona WW
    Emily WW (3) - Steve WW, Eva WW, Nigel WW
    Isla WW (2) - Derry WW, Mary WW
    No Lynch (2) - Orla WW, Jake WW
    Barbara WW (2) Doris WW, Angus WW
    Angus WW (2) - Patrick WW, Gabriel WW,
    Tegan WW (2) - Conor WW, Clodagh WW
    Steve WW (1) - Brendan WW ? On ?
    Eva WW (1) - Emily WW ? On ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? On ?

N3
    Vernon WW (5) - Tegan WW, Clodagh WW, Orla WW, Brendan WW, Gertrude WW
    Barbara WW (4) -  Angus WW, Doris WW, Jake WW, Vernon WW
    Jake WW (3) - Derry WW, Steve WW, Mary WW
    Steve WW (1) - Eva WW ? On ?
    Gabriel WW (1) - Emily WW ? On ?
    Emily WW (1) - Gabriel WW ? On ?
    Gertrude WW (1) - Conor WW ? On ?
    Clodagh WW (1) - Patrick WW ? On ?
    Doris WW (1) - Barbara WW ? On ?

I agree, definitely a wolf on Lucy's wanderly wagon.

There is too much green on that table :(

I agree, definitely a wolf on Lucy's wanderly wagon.

You never got back to me...do you really think Derry and Steve, if they are both wolves, would vote on Brendan on N1?

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    There is too much green on that table :(
    It's gonna be mortifying when Beaker reveals who is who.

Villagers won't be able to show our faces in Werewolf ever again.

• Advertisement

The convenient thing is I am always crap at werewolf, so these feelings of shame and self loathing are nothing new.

Advertisement