Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    You literally couldn't be more wolfy! You followed Nigel last night and Derry tonight. Not a jot of free thinking

Dunno what you want from me Eva, I didn't follow Derry anywhere at all.

I went back and re-read because I couldn't decide between Vern and Jake and landed on Jake based on his late jump. I'd have voted both if I could, as I've been saying

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

REMINDER
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT - Speed day!

Revised timetable for actions tomorrow. (THURSDAY)

Thread Closed at 10am

Munch / night actions - 10.30am. Thread opens

Skynet codes comp 12.30pm

Lynch 4pm (thread closes)

Lynch vote reveal 4.30pm (thread reopens)

530pm Thread closes.

6pm Munch/ night actions (thread reopens.

Lynch 9pm. (thread closes)

Lynch reveal 930pm (Thread reopens)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'm sorry scanning your own wagon was an awful decision. It makes it pretty much impossible for this extremely powerful tool to be in anyway useful from a trust perspective

You gave Babs the munch protect who almost got lynched tonight and was under scrutiny anyway. We could have lost that in another stunning village self sabotage cause.

You gave Steve a gun who tracked Emily last night despite the fact Emily didn't self pres last night in another wolfy move on top of others I have already outlined.

I didnt trust you before all of the above and I certainly don't now

Fair enough. I dont trust anyone in this game, and I did it in the hope of trying to find someone trustworthy.
    I know I have played a very straight game so far, and I dont expect you to trust me, but because I dont play the game exactly like you, doesn't mean I should be vilified for it.
    I asked a number of times on the thread for people to say who they were posting for... I didn't get any responses in the main. Heck, in fact Doris gave a "here are the 2 I am between". Who would you have put the scanner on? Vernon? 20% chance there each time of killing yet another villager. Barbara? 25% chance. At least I know I am good, so it is a 50/50 chance in my eyes of getting a wolf. As I said earlier I expected wolves to spread their vote, it is the sensible thing to do when not know where the scanner is going.
    All I have to give you is my word, and All I can say is I a a villager, and everything I have done so far is to try and get a village win.

Vernon WW (5) - Tegan WW, Clodagh WW, Orla WW, Brendan WW, Gertrude WW

Barbara WW (4) Angus WW, Doris WW, Jake WW, Vernon WW

Jake WW (3) - Derry WW, Steve WW, Mary WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

We need the Vig to take a shot tonight anyways, take out 2 and see where we can go from there.

Right I'm off also, talk to ye tomorrow

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    If only we listened to Doris eh

I’ve been wrong about a lot of things but I’ve said multiple times I thought wolves wouldn’t of jumped on Nigel last night. I’d say some of them even posted on thread how stupid that was!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Night folks, I'm for bed too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

If the Vig wants a direction from me id be on Orla just to keep outside of the other ****e going on

Steve WW wrote: »
    Dunno what you want from me Eva, I didn't follow Derry anywhere at all.

I went back and re-read because I couldn't decide between Vern and Jake and landed on Jake based on his late jump. I'd have voted both if I could, as I've been saying

That's fair enough, I would just be more comfortable with it if you had announced it before I said who I was voting for. That's all I'm saying.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

beakerjoe wrote: »
    REMINDER

Is there any choice of no speed days?

You literally couldn't be more wolfy! You followed Nigel last night and Derry tonight. Not a jot of free thinking

What have I missed, so Steve is very wolfy but you are asking VIG to shoot Orla?
    If the Vig wants a direction from me id be on Orla just to keep outside of the other ****e going on

• Advertisement

I think I speak for every villager when I say I just want the pain to end. A speed day is a mercy.

I also agree on this, and I have said so earlier also. I think Orla is dodge.

What I suggest is, Steve shoots Mary... sorry Mary, he has the gun already, nothing I can do on this.
    We will find out tomorrow if Mary is village or wolf. If Mary is wolf, it doesn't clear Steve. If Mary is village, then tomorrow evening, we lynch Steve knowing he is a wolf.
    We also have Vig tonight, like Eva I suggest Orla here.

Other take is both Mary and Steve are wolves, in which case Steve either kills one of his own, or else goes against the village and outs himself as a wolf.

Barbara has a shield this eve, I dont know what she is doing with this. I gave it to her because she is causing so much chaos amongst us that the wolves don't want to see the back of her too easily. She might be a wolf, fair enough, but She said earlier she might protect Emily. Wolves would be stupid to go after me... I'm casting too much doubt now with everyone jumping straight on the wolf barrel towards me. They may very well go against what I'm saying here though just to spite me. Will see.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    What have I missed, so Steve is very wolfy but you are asking VIG to shoot Orla?

I voted Steve, ive no issue with him gone but if Mary flips bad then it *might* warrant further discussion.

Check Orla, look at her posts! She was the hammer on Vernon tonight and if she flips bad gives us some info.

Do a review of her posts and timings and see where you are after

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    I think I speak for every villager when I say I just want the pain to end. A speed day is a mercy.

Yeah, but... The game layout was posted very early on to encourage people to know what they are signing up for, a timing schedule was in the sign up thread and in the OP which was also posted well in advance, and in none of these is there mention of speed days.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

no offence derry, but that was Ludacris. steve, i'd shoot him. it makes so little sense his play with that scanning ability

Mary WW wrote: »
    Unfortunately you've given it to a wolf. Happy for Steve to be told to shoot me to get a confirmed wolf for the village. Saves wasting a lynch by having to lynch both of us. You willing to shoot me Stevie boy? I fecking knew you were a wolf! Why the hell did I drop it after day 1!

you're clearly being bussed by your own team mates.

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    no offence derry, but that was Ludacris. steve, i'd shoot him. it makes so little sense his play with that scanning ability

No offence taken, but as I said, I only trust myself in this game. And no matter what I chose, there would be outrage and anger and accusations being thrown left right and centre. This way, I knew at least one player, I.e. me, who was going to be village.

Can I just ask you and all the other villagers to look at what I saying please? Just when you are reading my reasoning, do so with trust that I'm village and examine how I see this playing out. TBH I forgot about T-1000 ability when coming up with this stupid plan, but it's done now.

Derry WW wrote: »
    I did it because the only person I can trust in this game right now is me. I posted my reasoning before the results came out.
    I am a villager, that is the only thing I'm sure of in this world. Mary or Steve, or both, could be wolves. I gave Steve a gun earlier, and I actually wasnt expecting him to jump onto the Jake vote so easily. I thought it was going to be Conor tbh. And maybe Gabriel.
    TBH Steve jumped very fast onto the Jake vote. As I said, I best case scenario was there would be no wolves detected, and I would know who to trust. Obviously not the case.
    As a village, we also have Sarah Connor - if Steve shoots Mary, we can ask Sarah to shoot Steve... or even do that tomorrow when we see the outcome of Steve's gun.

so you vetted yourself? why? please explain.

not buying that. steve shoot derry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Looking back through the wagons, the only person to have voted a confirmed villager all 3 days is me.

Orla is next closest with 2 villagers and a no lynch.

I was trying to make a start on a wagonomics, but there just isnt enough information yet

I voted Steve, ive no issue with him gone but if Mary flips bad then it *might* warrant further discussion.

Check Orla, look at her posts! She was the hammer on Vernon tonight and if she flips bad gives us some info.

Do a review of her posts and timings and see where you are after

Oh man I’m drained. United lost and our village is in tatters. I want to sit down beside these lads and just accept our fate.

J056.gif

• Advertisement

so you vetted yourself? why? please explain.

not buying that. steve shoot derry.

No I didnt vet myself. I waited to see who would jump on the bandwagon of Jake with me, if there were nobody else saying they voted Jake, I would have changed it.

My first game on boards, I went to a final 3 and a speed day was announced of 2 hours in length. (10am - 12) i wasnt able to get online during those 2 hours and as a result the village lost. I thought the 12 meant until midnight. I had never experienced a 2hour day in a long game before

So I'm not a fan either but it is what it is. Mods rules :)

No offence taken, but as I said, I only trust myself in this game. And no matter what I chose, there would be outrage and anger and accusations being thrown left right and centre. This way, I knew at least one player, I.e. me, who was going to be village.

Can I just ask you and all the other villagers to look at what I saying please? Just when you are reading my reasoning, do so with trust that I'm village and examine how I see this playing out. TBH I forgot about T-1000 ability when coming up with this stupid plan, but it's done now.

From a villager perspective I think its very **** that the only person who received the answer to the power was you. Would be great if we could trust the results of such a power but we cant

Also if I was a wolf, why would I even admit to any of this on thread?
    1. Didn't have to say I won the prize on thread (or even share what my answer was so quickly)
    2. I didn't have to say who I was scanning at 9pm - could have made up a heap of lies
    3. Much easier way out of this by saying no wolf detected and cleared everyone, in which case everyone would call me a wolf regardless.

So to be honest, it seems winning these prizes is a poison chalice, because as soon as you use them, you are called a wolf or lynched (Nigel case in point).

No I didnt vet myself. I waited to see who would jump on the bandwagon of Jake with me, if there were nobody else saying they voted Jake, I would have changed it.

if you know you are a villager, you being on that wagon is irrelevant to you choosing to scan the votes on jake.

you are giving up the power of the scanner. in this case you discarded 33% of the relevance of it.

in WW, those odds are far too high. steve, if you are a villager you will shoot derry

Also if I was a wolf, why would I even admit to any of this on thread?
    1. Didn't have to say I won the prize on thread (or even share what my answer was so quickly)
    2. I didn't have to say who I was scanning at 9pm - could have made up a heap of lies
    3. Much easier way out of this by saying no wolf detected and cleared everyone, in which case everyone would call me a wolf regardless.

So to be honest, it seems winning these prizes is a poison chalice, because as soon as you use them, you are called a wolf or lynched (Nigel case in point).

yes, after nigel. its a clear wolf play.

if you know you are a villager, you being on that wagon is irrelevant to you choosing to scan the votes on jake.

you are giving up the power of the scanner. in this case you discarded 33% of the relevance of it.

in WW, those odds are far too high. steve, if you are a villager you will shoot derry

How am I giving up the power of the scanner? You are just told wolf detected or not. End of.

How am I giving up the power of the scanner? You are just told wolf detected or not. End of.

Gotta be honest, I’m not sure what difference it makes that you were in your pick.

So Derry picks somebody with 2 votes and gets a ping of a wolf. How is that any different to Derry getting a ping with 3 if he’s one in the list?

In both scenarios we don’t know Derrys alliegance, what am I missing? What makes Derry being in the list worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sadly no. Havent the capability of modding beyond Friday at 9.

Notice has been given. Hopefully we can all make it.

• Advertisement

steve, if you are a villager you will shoot derry

In no world does this make any sense whatsoever. Why in gods name would I out myself as a wolf? Madness Ted!

Advertisement