Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminator Werewolf - Game thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    How am I giving up the power of the scanner? You are just told wolf detected or not. End of.

because, per you, 1 of the 3 is a guaranteed villager in yourself.

we are left with a choice of 2, cos we need to discard you.

i said earlier today, that whoever has the scanner needs to be lynched to evaluate the veracity of their claim (unless cleared by other means).

because you checked the person you voted for, that needs to be accelerated to you being shot rather than lynched.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    because, per you, 1 of the 3 is a guaranteed villager in yourself.

we are left with a choice of 2, cos we need to discard you.

i said earlier today, that whoever has the scanner needs to be lynched to evaluate the veracity of their claim (unless cleared by other means).

because you checked the person you voted for, that needs to be accelerated to you being shot rather than lynched.

Right. Great village move there. Let's lynch more villagers to make sure they are telling the truth.

Re: Steve killing me.
    1. If e is a villager, why would a wolf giv

Sorry hit reply accidentally

1. If he is a villager, why would a wolf give a villager the gun? They wouldnt.
    2. He is a wolf, in which case he knows I am a villager, and whoever he shoots, if they are a villager, he is a goner tomorrow night.

Anyway, it is past my bedtime, I think you are being obtuse here on purpose, trying to cast and create shade.
    Good night.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Gotta be honest, I’m not sure what difference it makes that you were in your pick.

So Derry picks somebody with 2 votes and gets a ping of a wolf. How is that any different to Derry getting a ping with 3 if he’s one in the list?

In both scenarios we don’t know Derrys alliegance, what am I missing? What makes Derry being in the list worse?

i'm not good at explaining odds but him picking the wagon he was on is not the right play.

if there were 2 people on the wagon, you only get info on 1 player (50%)
    if there were 3 people on the wagon you only get info on 2 players (66%)

if he had of went off himself, he would have gotten info on all those players.

• Advertisement

i'm not good at explaining odds but him picking the wagon he was on is not the right play.

So your argument is I should have switched my vote out at the end? Maybe so. Didnt think of that option. But that's easily said in hindsight, and it doesn't make me a wolf!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

This is mortifying.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    This is mortifying.

Sorry Babs

Anyway I said I was going to sleep... phone going away until the morning. Night!

Sorry hit reply accidentally

1. If he is a villager, why would a wolf give a villager the gun? They wouldnt.
    2. He is a wolf, in which case he knows I am a villager, and whoever he shoots, if they are a villager, he is a goner tomorrow night.

1. because of nigel. now everyone thinks if you reveal, you must be village.

2. so its self resolving. steve, shoot derry

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

In no world does this make any sense whatsoever. Why in gods name would I out myself as a wolf? Madness Ted!

Derry, the best result for me tonight was 1 of 2 things.

1 you check a wagon with a few people on and all are clean. You as a policy lynch or vig shot gives us a clear core if you flip green

2 A wolf on a solo vote. Lock wolf

No matter what happened, at some point you would probably be lynched tbh checking your own wagon isn't all that helpful particularly when one of the guys you gave the gun to is on it (not your fault)

My post earlier stands and you play could be an Alpha move. For example Steve shots Mary, lets say villager down. Then we lynch Steve, wolf. Then either believe your shout or you die.

You die, no biggie your only down a life and one wolf and the game is potentially 7v4 and your pretty much over the line cause each time we get the bloody Alpha we lose a villager

1. because of nigel. now everyone thinks if you reveal, you must be village.

2. so its self resolving. steve, shoot derry

I'm not saying reveal. I'm saying grand reveal, but why would you give a gun to someone who wasnt in your allegiance.
    Gabriel take a step back and think about it logically without the tin foil hat on for a sec.

So your argument is I should have switched my vote out at the end? Maybe so. Didnt think of that option. But that's easily said in hindsight, and it doesn't make me a wolf!

no. you should not have vetted for who you voted for.

sorry guys, i'm pissed off after watching that ****show earlier.

#oleout#steveshootderry

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

I would dearly love to say I understand what you mean but I don’t. Maybe I’m totally not getting the power?

I thought it was straight forward power. No matter how many are in a voting block the scanner only tells you if there is a wolf in that group or not. So whether there are 1 or 8 people in it, you only get a ping if there’s a wolf in that group.

If this is right I don’t see the difference between Derry being in or not in the group he chose. Unless the problem is that you guys wanted to choose a bigger group? I honestly don’t get why it makes any difference if he’s in a group he picks.

God , I’m gonna need some ww lessons after this game.

And Eva I noticed Orla saying to lynch Vernon before the lynch but is that all? Is there something else? Either villagers are all over place like me or wolves are pulling all sorts of hocus pocus shenanigans!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

The policy lynch on Derry is obvious now it's mentioned. It's a real shame we didn't mention it before. We really needed it to hit a clear wagon.
    I think my gut feel is irrelevant now but I think Derry is good and screwed up, he has to go. I think Mary is wolf. Steve I don't have a clue. But without doubt they all have to go so gut feels don't matter

Eva - why shift to Orla now? Not in terms of suspicion but in terms of timing. Surely the first priority is clearing this wagon. At the very worst 1/3 is a wolf, why delay?

derry had the power to vet a pile of votes tonight, to be told there was a wolf in that group, or not.

derry chose a wagon of 3 knowing 33% of that info was useless...his own info.

we said earlier, the scanner was very powerful. there was a long discussion on it. and yet he used it on the person he voted for.

TWTBAW? maybe.

i think derry is a wolf, along with emily, mary (who i think is being bused), and (i think possibly brendan and conor).

Emily WW wrote: »
    I would dearly love to say I understand what you mean but I don’t. Maybe I’m totally not getting the power?

I thought it was straight forward power. No matter how many are in a voting block the scanner only tells you if there is a wolf in that group or not. So whether there are 1 or 8 people in it, you only get a ping if there’s a wolf in that group.

If this is right I don’t see the difference between Derry being in or not in the group he chose. Unless the problem is that you guys wanted to choose a bigger group? I honestly don’t get why it makes any difference if he’s in a group he picks.

God , I’m gonna need some ww lessons after this game.

And Eva I noticed Orla saying to lynch Vernon before the lynch but is that all? Is there something else? Either villagers are all over place like me or wolves are pulling all sorts of hocus pocus shenanigans!

if derry knows he's village:

2 people on the wagon (including himself)...he only gets info on 1 other player (50% lost). cos he already knows about himself.
    goes with 2 other people. Gets info on 2 players.

3 people on the wagon..he only gets info on 2 other players, cos he knows about himself (33% lost).
    goes with 3 other people, he gets info on 3 other players.

its absolutely not village play. thats why he needs to be shot.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

2 people on the wagon (including himself)...he only gets info on 1 other player (50% lost). cos he already knows about himself.

3 people on the wagon..he only gets info on 2 other players, cos he knows about himself (33% lost).

The bus play makes sense.

Mary is the t1000, steve shoots mary and they excect insta credit, where wolves steve and derry now have village cred

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

The bus play makes sense.

Mary is the t1000, steve shoots mary and they excect insta credit, where wolves steve and derry now have village cred
    We have to assume that's true now. But they now have to assume we're assuming that, meaning the won't shoot Mary now, why bother? If Steve shoots a random villager then they're all wolves but it'll take us three kills to get through them

It seems like absolute insanity for them to play like that, but I think we have to assume it, don't we? In which case I come back to why is Eva trying to delay that?

steve, if you are village declare who you are shooting by like 9.30am. wolves dont have protection, so you have nothing to lose by saying that on thread.

that way, sarah dont blast the same person.

if you dont, you are also a wolf.

also, if barabra has the power of protection, and if she protects the person that steve shoots...chances are derry/steve/barbara are 3 wolves.

• Advertisement

Just so there's no confusion...

I have protected Emily.

I have protected Emily.

why did you feel the need to declare that on thread?

Because I don't want people coming back when other things are declared saying that I was acting based on that.

I have protected Emily.

was it you that said something along the lines of, that's how i communicate with the wolves?

if so, you are the t1000 but dont share a backroom with them

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

To see what you would say obviously..

See Barb, I'm learning now :D

Really need to put the phone down now

Angus WW wrote: »

you really do, cos that was from a different account :eek:

i think derry is a wolf, along with emily, mary (who i think is being bused), and (i think possibly brendan and conor).
    was it you that said something along the lines of, that's how i communicate with the wolves?

Yet more scattergun, how many Wolf's do you think there is?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Yeh I get that and I’m sorry if I’m really thick here but it seems more like the issue is with amount of players in the group not specifically that Derry was in the group.

I still don’t get why it matters he was on it. If he had chosen a group of 4 with him as 1 would that of been ok? Was it the amount of people that were in the group that’s the issue?

I hope you are a wolf because this isn’t adding up at all. It doesn’t matter that Derry was in the group

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I have protected Emily.
    Because I don't want people coming back when other things are declared saying that I was acting based on that.

Angus WW wrote: »

i think thats 2 wolves

Advertisement