Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,996 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its futile me telling you or your ilk anything about the story.
    I'm not going to play your game.

There was already an expose of CNN's morning meetings released last year, where Jeff Zucker was recorded along with other staff.
    The tapes were released.

CNN are a tabloid tv channel, with a biased melodramatic agenda.
    Anyone who maintains that they are not, is brainwashed or disengenuous and I have no interest in engaging with such people or wasting time going off in tangents.

And how much was actually true and truthfully represented? What survived the fact checking process?

Forgive me, but Veritas triggered a multi state and federal multimillion dollar series of investigations into Planned Parenthood a few years ago off convincing how you put it, "biased melodramatic" agenda-driven edits of surreptitiously recorded footage. That investigation turned up precisely no vindication for the outfits grandiose claims.

You won't find many of that 'ilk' willing to waste time with more unvetted claims from Project Veritas. Call back when it is independently verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Its futile me telling you or your ilk anything about the story.
    I'm not going to play your game.

There was already an expose of CNN's morning meetings released last year, where Jeff Zucker was recorded along with other staff.
    The tapes were released.

Anyone who maintains that they are not, is brainwashed or disengenuous and I have no interest in engaging with such people.

Are you new to US cable news? I'm personally not a fan.

I'm wondering if you were watching it one day expecting it to be a bastion of fairness with nuanced opinions expressed calmly by all and then got the shock of your life when you saw all the shouting, the talking heads, the chyrons, the ticker tape and the permanently BREAKING news.

Anyone who maintains that they are not, is brainwashed or disengenuous and I have no interest in engaging with such people or wasting time going off in tangents.

CNN is one of the more factually accurate news websites out there and are only relatively biased slightly left.

o66Pdrb.png
    https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

You are fully aware that you get your news from sources that are both severely less factually accurate

and as least as biased

You are fully aware of this. But you do not care. Your evidence of not caring is shown by the fact that, as before, you will not respond to this with a counter study that shows that this study is wrong. You may, as others have done, make some illogical reason as to why you don't believe this study, and I will point to half a dozen other studies that show the same thing. If I again ask you to point to a counter study that shows otherwise, you will go radio silent but come back again in a few days or weeks with another anti-CNN rant.

You will always believe that CNN=bad because it fits your agenda. No data or facts would make you believe otherwise. You have had your fingers in your ears for so long that you have forgotten what it's like to take them out.

All things point to you instead being the one that is brainwashed, but you do not care. You are quite happy with being brainwashed as you enjoy the bubble lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

CNN is one of the more factually accurate news websites out there and are only relatively biased slightly left.

o66Pdrb.png
    https://www.adfontesmedia.com/

You are full aware that you get your news from sources that are both severely less factually accurate

and as least as biased

You are fully aware of this. But you do not care. Your evidence of not caring is shown by the fact that, as before, you will not respond to this with a counter study that shows that this study is wrong. You may, as other have done, make some illogical reason as to why you don't believe this study, and I will point to half a dozen other studies that show the same thing. If I again ask you to point to a counter study that shows otherwise, you will go radio silent but come back again in a few days or weeks with another anti-CNN rant.

You will always believe that CNN=bad because it fits your agenda. No data or facts would make you believe otherwise. You have had your fingers in your ears for so long that you have forgotten what it's like to take them out.

All things point to you instead being the one that is brainwashed, but you do not care. You are quite happy with being brainwashed as you enjoy the bubble lifestyle.

CNN (tv) is closer to hyper partisan left than centre in that graph.

Their factual reporting status is also barely above mixed.

CNN are the lefty version of the new York post

CNN (tv) is closer to hyper partisan left than centre in that graph.

Their factual reporting status is also barely above mixed.

CNN are the lefty version of the new York post

I stated that CNN is just as biased as the New York Post. Is that correct or not?

I stated that CNN is less factually accurate than the Daily Mail. Is that correct or not?

Are you going to provide us with a link to the website where you got that tweet from? I can only assume that that website is in the top centre of this chart since you seem to care about this.

Or have you forgotten that you meant to go silent for a few more days so that we would forget about that?

• Advertisement

I stated that CNN is just as biased as the New York Post. Is that correct or not?

I stated that CNN is less factually accurate than the Daily Mail. Is that correct or not?

Are you going to provide us with a link to the website where you got that tweet from? I can only assume that that website is in the top centre of this chart since you seem to care about this.

Or have you forgotten that you meant to go silent for a few more days so that we would forget about that?

So I'm expecting to only quote the highest rated organisations while those on the other side of the argument are ok to use such low rated sites like Mediaite, CNN tv etc. Iv even seen the Huffpost and nowthis used by some!

That's not really a fair fight . One rule for me and another for thee

So I'm expecting to only quote the highest rated organisations while those on the other side of the argument are ok to use such low rated sites like Mediaite, CNN tv etc. Iv even seen the Huffpost and nowthis used by some!

In fairness, you seem to push stories that are incredibly questionable repute. Eg the CNN story you've been raving about really didn't amount to much..

So I'm expecting to only quote the highest rated organisations while those on the other side of the argument are ok to use such low rated sites like Mediaite, CNN tv etc.

No. You stated that you only get your news from unbiased sources like AP and Reuters. You lied. And you stated that it's important that people should do that. But you are apparently not one of these people.

And you are claiming that the news website you got that tweet from is only as factually inaccurate and biased as CNN TV. So please provide a link to that website that proves that.

Or you can dodge providing that link for about the fifth or sixth time, further proving my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There's a difference between sites/outlets which are biased, and those which are known liars who have demonstrably been proven to have purposefully and maliciously lied in order to create controversies.

You think Project Veritas is in any way a trustworthy source given their history? Really?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The story you have been pushing for the last day or so, is an absolute nothing.

"Random employee with absolutely no influence or insight into Corporate policy says that his employers hate Trump"

It is supposed to be a surprise that CNN don't like Trump or that their reporting of him was generally negative?

Were we not supposed to know????

At issue here is your faux outrage at a media outlet being biased in the US.

Are you equally outraged at Fox News and their decades of efforts to demean, discount and disenfranchise Democrat candidates at all levels?

Or is that OK because they align with your world view?

US Politics and US Political media is in general a cesspool with the majority of organisations aligned to one side or the other.

Every single one of them at the very least slants their coverage to cast shade in their desired direction.

Watching/Reading US Political coverage I would absolutely never expect to see a Fox News segment talking about something great that Biden did or to give him unequivocal praise, at best it would be "Biden did this good thing , but he should have done more/less" or "Biden only did this because Republicans made him"

Equally by and large, I would expect the same in reverse from CNN/MSNBC with a GOP Leader.

To expect anything different is naïve at the very least.

However , I'd submit that some organisations maintain a level of integrity in the context of reporting truth and fact above fabrication or Conspiracy theory, albeit with altered emphasis and level of coverage to enforce their overarching position on the political spectrum - But what they report is factual.

And more importantly if they get it substantively wrong , they tell everyone and update/adjust their reporting accordingly.

When was the last time that there was a correction or a retraction of a story on Fox News that wasn't court ordered??

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    There's a difference between sites/outlets which are biased, and those which are known liars

I think you will find that both are the same thing.

Eh, no. That's why the media bias chart I posted has two axes and not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ah still the distraction tactics following the proof that the trump campaign colluded with the Russians with the 'my dad would beat yer dad' argument when it comes to media bias

It's somewhat telling that you've abandoned the story that you were pushing. Instead it's defending the fact that you posted a pretty trashy story from a questionable outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's somewhat telling that you've abandoned the story that you were pushing. Instead it's defending the fact that you posted a pretty trashy story from a questionable outlet.

Deflecting from the confirmation of what everyone knew - that the trump campaign colluded with russia to win 2016.

Deflecting from the Matt Gaetz scandal.

And deflecting from.....etc etc

I posted the video. I posted the different links.
    Some refused to watch it, others only focused on the source.
    There is nothing more to do or say. Too far gone to have their opinion changed. Not interested

everlast75 wrote: »
    Deflecting from the confirmation of what everyone knew - that the trump campaign colluded with russia to win 2016.

Deflecting from the Matt Gaetz scandal.

And deflecting from.....etc etc

Its 2021 and you still want to talk about the Russians in 2016!

Matt Gaetz has nothing to do with Trump.

There is deflection going on alright

There is nothing more to do or say. Too far gone to have their opinion changed. Not interested

But there is more. Because you were interested in my reply. And I told you I would give it to you once you posted a link to your source. But you have refused to do that time and time again. Why?

But you have refused to do that time and time again. Why?

Quote: Aristotle
    Honest question - how did you find this tweet?

Quote: Aristotle
    Honest question - how did you find this tweet?

Is your point that I did not specifically ask you for a link?

I have since asked you for a link. Why are you not providing it?

• Advertisement

Is your point that I did not specifically ask you for a link?

I have since asked you for a link. Why are you not providing it?

15/04/2021 20:17
    I googled Trump under the news section to see if there was something newsworthy to post. This CNN video came up numerous times by different media so after watching it I posted.

15/04/2021 20:17
    I googled Trump under the news section to see if there was something newsworthy to post. This CNN video came up numerous times by different media so after watching it I posted.

What?

I asked you to provide links to the "different media" you found this video in in Google News. So, where are they?

And are they the unbiased, factual news websites that you claim to only read? If not, why did you click into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Its 2021 and you still want to talk about the Russians in 2016!

Trump supporters spent 5 years claiming it was a "hoax". Are you prepared to accept that is not now true?

I mean, if you care about truth in American politics then you should have no trouble doing so.
    Matt Gaetz has nothing to do with Trump

Matt Gaetz is one of Trump's biggest supporters. He fought tooth and nail for him. He is cloning himself on Trump. Trump has spoken highly of him. So yes, he is something to do with him.

It's been pointed out multiple times that he's not exactly a reliable source given the role he fills. He's a technical role that has nothing to do with setting the news agenda. Switching camera angles and such while broadcasting is his role so yes, you've overhyped a story that was a honey trap of a low level employee who was bigging himself up to a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I'm brainwashed lol, thats rich coming from you.

I'm brainwashed lol, thats rich coming from you.

Well I've just explained why you are. So explain why my logic is wrong.

I am not brainwashed as I have no problem disagreeing with Biden. I have said before that I disagree with some of his views regarding transgender issues and the gender pay cap in sports among others. I have no problem saying that as I am an independent thinker.

Would you like to demonstrate to us how you are not brainwashed by pointing to some of your posts where you have stated that you disagreed with Trump?

That was a good deflection though.

Says the tangent master himself.

As I said yesterday

I have nothing more to add to this, I am not prepared to spend my whole day going around in circles with you.

Says the tangent master himself.

No tangents. I am still directly responding to your post and asking you to defend it. You brought up my bans, which were for completely different things, because you can't defend your opinion.
    I have nothing more to add to this, I am not prepared to spend my whole day going around in circles with you.

I know you have nothing to add to this. I have provided evidence that what you said is incorrect and you are not willing to counter that evidence. Because your fingers are in your ears.

If you want to just dump statements on a discussion board but then don't want to discuss and defend those same statements when they are criticised, then maybe just stick to thanking posts?

I know you have nothing to add to this. I have provided evidence that what you said is incorrect and you are not willing to counter that evidence. Because your fingers are in your ears.

If you want to just dump statements on a discussion board but then don't want to discuss and defend those same statements when they are criticised, then maybe just stick to thanking posts?

I defended my opinion on CNN and its objectivity in detail on this same thread almost 2 months ago to the day.
    I'm not going over it again.

• Advertisement

I defended my opinion on CNN and its objectivity in detail on this same thread almost 2 months ago to the day.
    I'm not going over it again.

And I remember that. You ignored questions and were shown to be wrong on multiple occasions then. As is also the case now.

You are fully aware that you have no counter argument to what I posted. You seem perfectly fine with criticising CNN regularly, but you are not perfectly fine with defending your opinion on CNN regularly. Because you know that opinion is incorrect, and your only defence is to deflect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement