Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

CNN caught out yet again. Actually admitting to their agenda to stop Trump re election and to push the other guy over the line with biased selective reporting
    "Fear sells"
    Garbage organisation who are admitting to propaganda pushing

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1382000630567469060?s=20

Honest question - how did you find this tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

The allegations which are coming from an untrustworthy and unreliable source really begs the question - did CNN report anything that wasn't true?

If the answer is no then this is yet another nothing burger from increasingly desperate RQP folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I'm afraid you are letting your own bias cloud your judgement on this.

We don't know the context, don't know the back ground of the people, their political leanings etc. We don't know their work situation (could they be disgruntled because of lack of promotion etc).

But you have already made your mind up as it backs up your opinion and bias that CNN is out to get the right.

What stories did they make up, what did they hide? CNN are not the largest, thats Fox, so what is the impact?

But you are concerned with any of that, CNN bad thats why Trump lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is the scandal here that a media organisation would take an editorial position in politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

rossie1977 wrote: »
    James O' Keefe is a well known con-man.

Just like Donnie. It's no surprise that his gullible supporters fall for this stuff. They're a conman's dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    So, organisations who push propaganda are garbage, is that correct?

Deflection is defeat

Deflection is defeat, eh?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So by "Growing legs" you mean , two heavily partisan right wing outlets with a history of mis-reporting are carrying the story?

The 1st link is Sinclair News
    A 2019 study in the American Political Science Review found that "stations bought by Sinclair reduce coverage of local politics, increase national coverage and move the ideological tone of coverage in a conservative direction relative to other stations operating in the same market."

I wonder if this story is one of the corporate mandated "Must Runs" this week across their network?

And the 2nd is the Washington Times
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES HAS HISTORY OF HYPED STORIES, SHODDY REPORTING AND FAILING TO CORRECT ERRORS

And that's before we even talk about the original source story from "Project Veritas" where it's harder to find a story that's true than it is to find one that is a complete fabrication or at best a heavily edited hack job.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So by "Growing legs" you mean , two heavily partisan right wing outlets with a history of mis-reporting are carrying the story?

The 1st link is Sinclair News

I wonder if this story is one of the corporate mandated "Must Runs" this week across their network?

And the 2nd is the Washington Times

And that's before we even talk about the original source story from "Project Veritas" where it's harder to find a story that's true than it is to find one that is a complete fabrication or at best a heavily edited hack job.

I think they get confused between the Washington Times and the Washington Post

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CNN caught out yet again. Actually admitting to their agenda to stop Trump re election and to push the other guy over the line with biased selective reporting
    "Fear sells"
    Garbage organisation who are admitting to propaganda pushing

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1382000630567469060?s=20

"Fear sells"

Project Veritas in a nutshell there.

I don't think anyone could really deny CNN disliked Trump, in the same way Fox loved Trump. Difference between the two is CNN knows that, and imo strives to try and be as balanced as possible because it knows accusations of media bias ruins its reputation. Fox on the other hand strives to push their bias as far as possible while trying to remain just on the right side of being able to claim they're not biased. However, try find something CNN said which was untrue, and you'll either struggle, or find something CNN later apologised for. Try find something Fox said which was untrue, and you'll find court defences from Fox saying that anything they say shouldn't be considered as news to begin with.

Regardless, anything from Project Veritas should be considered untrue. They're known liars, fraudsters and scam artists who have purposefully and repeatedly made videos and claims such as this, and have time and time again proven to be liars.

Why do they keep getting away with it? Why do people still keep believing them?

Fear sells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also interesting to note that a Google search for "Charles Chester" "Technical Director" "CNN" and a few variants of same with a time range of Jan 2005-Jan 2021 shows no signs of this man existing other than older webpages which link to current news articles based on Project Veritas' video.

I doubt this man actually even exists, or at least doesn't seem to have existed prior to PV's video.

So the videos were recorded on a date with a women he matched with on Tinder, and as Technical Director Chester was in charge of video equipment, playback systems and directs the recording of interviews. He has or had no editorial input or control whatsoever.

My guess is his date was leading the conversation and he was agreeing with her to get into her knickers. If he even exists and this isn't just some scam by the established liars at Project Falsitas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Penn wrote: »
    "Fear sells"

Project Veritas in a nutshell there.

I don't think anyone could really deny CNN disliked Trump, in the same way Fox loved Trump. Difference between the two is CNN knows that, and imo strives to try and be as balanced as possible because it knows accusations of media bias ruins its reputation. Fox on the other hand strives to push their bias as far as possible while trying to remain just on the right side of being able to claim they're not biased. However, try find something CNN said which was untrue, and you'll either struggle, or find something CNN later apologised for. Try find something Fox said which was untrue, and you'll find court defences from Fox saying that anything they say shouldn't be considered as news to begin with.

Regardless, anything from Project Veritas should be considered untrue. They're known liars, fraudsters and scam artists who have purposefully and repeatedly made videos and claims such as this, and have time and time again proven to be liars.

Why do they keep getting away with it? Why do people still keep believing them?

Fear sells.

Confirmation bias, simple as. People unable or unwilling to examine facts and causes for themselves want to be told all their problems are the fault of XXX (choose a target group, immigrants, the far left, jews, Antifa, Dems etc) and Trump / Fox / Alt Right etc etc fill that vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 14,368 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

everlast75 wrote: »

Would that not constitute treason? Which might not have a happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

54and56 wrote: »
    Confirmation bias, simple as. People unable or unwilling to examine facts and causes for themselves want to be told all their problems are the fault of XXX (choose a target group, immigrants, the far left, jews, Antifa, Dems etc) and Trump / Fox / Alt Right etc etc fill that vacuum.

Same can be said when such things as video evidence to back up a point is presented yet someone might point blank refuse to look at it. Might be due to fear incase they see something they cant refute or because they are gone so far gone down the "Orange man bad " rabbit hole that everything and anything against that notion is incomprehensible to their mind.

Ie Trump is bad while everyone else is innocent squeaky clean

Same can be said when such things as video evidence to back up a point is presented yet someone might point blank refuse to look at it. Might be due to fear incase they see something they cant refute or because they are gone so far gone down the "Orange man bad " rabbit hole that everything and anything against that notion is incomprehensible to their mind

Nope, it's just because of the sources you use. You made a big deal before saying that you only get your news from unbiased media like Reuters and the Associated Press and yet that's clearly not where you found that tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Would that not constitute treason? Which might not have a happy ending.

I'm not great at interpreting such things but here's the relevant line.

levying War against [the United States], or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

It may all be moot anyway since Trump pardoned him for some reason.

Nope, it's just because of the sources you use. You made a big deal before saying that you only get your news from unbiased media like Reuters and the Associated Press and yet that's clearly not where you found that tweet.

Do you think the video is fake and if so how has it been faked?

I believe I asked you a question first. Would you like to answer it? I will then gladly answer yours.
    Honest question - how did you find this tweet?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116895753

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Has any Project Veritas project ever passed peer review?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Just found this blogger on Psychology Today. Former FBI agent, with some expertise in personality disorders. Wrote a book in 2014 describing various forms of psychopathy, including malignant narcissism. He mentioned being bad reality TV stars and putting their name on everything as one possible clue to whether the person in question has mNPD.

Now, this column, from July 2020, describes what he says happens when the narcissist loses. He basically predicted everything the #IMPOTUS pulled once the election outcome was decided. Interesting read. Here I quote the last two paragraphs, they're pretty much spot on:
    And of course, in politics, much harm can be done when power can be wielded—but the worst comes when a malignantly narcissistic leader or head of state, severely flawed of character, claims that only they can fix things, that only they can shape the future, that only they have the answers, and that only they have a grand vision for the future and so out of necessity they must stay on to save us.

When you hear that, it should give you pause. That is when we have to worry the most. If you don’t believe me, let me tell you about one malignant narcissist of note. You may have heard of him—he was an Austrian corporal who painted postcards for a living. Full of himself and with no shortage of grandiose ideas, he decided on his own to run for office with one goal among various, which was to “Deutschland wieder großartig machen” — to make Germany great again.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/spycatcher/202007/when-the-narcissist-fails

I believe I asked you a question first. Would you like to answer it? I will then gladly answer yours.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116895753

I googled Trump under the news section to see if there was something newsworthy to post. This CNN video came up numerous times by different media so after watching it I posted.

Overheal wrote: »
    Has any Project Veritas project ever passed peer review?

Did you watch the video of the CNN employee making these admissions?

People keep aiming at the source but project veritas didn't make this chester guy say these things.

Have you any comment or discussion on what he said re the election

I googled Trump under the news section to see if there was something newsworthy to post. This CNN video came up numerous times by different media so after watching it I posted.

Interesting way to spend your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Did you watch the video of the CNN employee making these admissions?

People keep aiming at the source but project veritas didn't make this chester guy say these things.

Have you any comment or discussion on what he said re the election

So Project Veritas, to date, has never come out with a video that turned out to be in whole or in part a hoax?

Overheal wrote: »
    So Project Veritas, to date, has never come out with a video that turned out to be in whole or in part a hoax?

Finding proof that this guy actually works for CNN would put it to bed.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Interesting way to spend your time.

I think that's how threads work.

People hear ,see or look up things and post about it in the relevant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,353 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

come back to us when you have done that.

• Advertisement

There's no question he works for them but a technical director doesn't really amount to a lot. A person talking ****e on a date isn't unusual. He's in a software role so developing the website or something I imagine. It's highly unlikely that he has a huge amount to do with the actual news division. I say this as a person who works in software.

On top of that, project veritas are known for everything from creative editing to leading questions. On a date, that's pretty easy to do....

So really if you had some sort of leak, maybe you'd have something. But this amounts to a group who have a reputation for pushing nonsense..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement