Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

I googled Trump under the news section to see if there was something newsworthy to post. This CNN video came up numerous times by different media so after watching it I posted.

Which media sites came up specifically though? Because the Google News index is curated to filter out news from non-trustworthy websites.

You claimed it was "growing legs" the day after you posted it and your evidence was two websites with a history of false reporting. So the website you found it on the day before must have been even more bottom of the barrel. And yet it somehow still appeared in Google News?

A quick CTRL+H can answer my question and you can just post the link directly.

Also, why are you clicking into news websites that you know aren't as unbiased as Reuters and AP when you made such a big deal about only getting your news from unbiased sources before?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Igotadose wrote: »
    Just found this blogger on Psychology Today. Former FBI agent, with some expertise in personality disorders. Wrote a book in 2014 describing various forms of psychopathy, including malignant narcissism. He mentioned being bad reality TV stars and putting their name on everything as one possible clue to whether the person in question has mNPD.

Now, this column, from July 2020, describes what he says happens when the narcissist loses. He basically predicted everything the #IMPOTUS pulled once the election outcome was decided. Interesting read. Here I quote the last two paragraphs, they're pretty much spot on:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/spycatcher/202007/when-the-narcissist-fails

There's several clips from the debates between Hillary and Donald in 2016 which shows just how much she had figured him out. Unfortunately for her, and many more besides, not enough paid attention to what she was saying and we saw what happened over the succeeding 4 years.

There is zero logic that this man should still be afforded the authority that he has been and continues to enjoy within the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Finding proof that this guy actually works for CNN would put it to bed.

No. Because you have bothered to check context. You have no idea what was going on, what the angle was.

Does the guy actually work for CNN? Who was the person taking the video? What had the conversation been up to that? Is he a disgruntled worker? What are his political leanings?

But then you were in such a rush to prove your biased pov that you don't care.

As far as you're concerned there is a video, and people have shared it and it gives a reason why Trump didn't win so nothing else matters.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Same can be said when such things as video evidence to back up a point is presented yet someone might point blank refuse to look at it. Might be due to fear incase they see something they cant refute or because they are gone so far gone down the "Orange man bad " rabbit hole that everything and anything against that notion is incomprehensible to their mind.

Ie Trump is bad while everyone else is innocent squeaky clean

The point being made by multiple people is that EVERY previous Project Veritas "Scoop" even those with "Video evidence" have turned out to be faked or at best wildly misinterpreted.

Their use of sharply edited video that removes context and relevance etc. is widely known.

And like several of their previous gotcha videos , we have no context whatsoever about why the person is saying what they are saying , what influence that person had on the decisions or policies that they talk about or even if what they say is actually true.

What we have today is a video of a guy that it is claimed was a "Technical director" at CNN telling a Tinder date he was trying to score that CNN were biased as a matter of policy and that was why he worked there.

What we don't have is evidence that he is who he says he is , that he actually worked at CNN or that his claims of a stated policy of bias actually existed.

Project Veritas have never in their history actually published a story that turned out to be substantively true - They have been sued and lost over and over on foot of their "journalism".

For Project Veritas to be making claims about the integrity of any other media outlet is utterly beyond parody.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Finding proof that this guy actually works for CNN would put it to bed.

Half truths do not full truths make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Half truths do not full truths make.

ah yes but if you have two half truths surely that counts as a full truth? It is really basic maths. and maths is the basis of logic. QED.

Yoinked this from some Trump loon on twitter. The highlighted bit doesn't actually mean a whole lot since my and everyone else's linkedin overhypes my integral roles plenty... Tbh, if he really does work for CNN, he's working at a pretty low level based on the rest of his profile description. So no, he would not be privy to supposed CNN plots to destroy Trump since y'know he has very little to do with the actual content side.

Ey4jPupXAAABedG?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I note that Trump supporters are banging on about a video about CNN, slating propaganda whilst ignoring Fox spewing bile for 4 years and being successfully sued and sanctioned.

They'll call Joe "creepy" while ignoring Gaetz having his phone taken and allegations of him being into trafficing a minor for sex.

They'll slate Joe for being in the pocket of China while ignoring the proof that Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia to try win 2016 election. Something they have denied for years turns out to be true.

Pathetic, shameful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It seems like there's a distinct attempt at steering the narrative away from the news of the reasoning behind the recent Russian sanctions of election meddling

Yoinked this from some Trump loon on twitter. The highlighted bit doesn't actually mean a whole lot since my and everyone else's linkedin overhypes my integral roles plenty... Tbh, if he really does work for CNN, he's working at a pretty low level based on the rest of his profile description. So no, he would not be privy to supposed CNN plots to destroy Trump since y'know he has very little to do with the actual content side.

Ey4jPupXAAABedG?format=jpg&name=small

he operates something like this. he has no input on what appears on screen, he just makes sure it appears where it should

sony_mvs-8000a_193430.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

duploelabs wrote: »
    It seems like there's a distinct attempt at steering the narrative away from the news of the reasoning behind the recent Russian sanctions of election meddling

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/trump-campaign-chief-paul-manafort-employee-kilimnik-gave-russia-election-data.html

he operates something like this. he has no input on what appears on screen, he just makes sure it appears where it should

sony_mvs-8000a_193430.jpg
    Yep, I'm finding it very funny that machina and co lap it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

everlast75 wrote: »
    I note that Trump supporters are banging on about a video about CNN, slating propaganda whilst ignoring Fox spewing bile for 4 years and being successfully sued and sanctioned.

They'll call Joe "creepy" while ignoring Gaetz having his phone taken and allegations of him being into trafficing a minor for sex.

They'll slate Joe for being in the pocket of China while ignoring the proof that Trump's campaign coordinated with Russia to try win 2016 election. Something they have denied for years turns out to be true.

Pathetic, shameful stuff.

But you will talk about Gaetz but at the same time ignore the "creepiness " of Biden. It works both ways. Everyone is guilty of doing it at times

But you will talk about Gaetz but at the same time ignore the "creepiness " of Biden. It works both ways. Everyone is guilty of doing it at times

Gaetz has been accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl. Biden has been accused of hugging his granddaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Was Biden's phone seized?

Is his mate cooperating with the federal investigation?

Was he caught sending money by Venmo to that mate for "tuition"?

Your responses now are patently weak.

Christ, it's embarrassing.

But don't worry about it. All trump supporters now are scraping the bottom of the barrel in a desperate attempt to defend or deflect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,482 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Gaetz has been accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl. Biden has been accused of hugging his granddaughter.

In a trumpers head, both cases are exactly the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Ohhhhwhataday

Is his granddaughter called Tara reade?

Is his granddaughter called Tara reade?

You mean the person who constantly changes her story and who is known to have objectively lied on multiple occasions?

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/monterey-district-attorney-paid-biden-accuser-tara-reade-2800-to-testify-as-expert/2307268/

No, his granddaughter has more class than that. But thanks for dropping by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That gobshíte O'Keefe got himself suspended from twitter. It's not for the misleading stuff that's targeted at the low hanging fruit since twitter would go out of business for it but seems to be for sock-puppeting and spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That gobshíte O'Keefe got himself suspended from twitter. It's not for the misleading stuff that's targeted at the low hanging fruit since twitter would go out of business for it but seems to be for sock-puppeting and spam.

I like the way that you phrased it.
    He got himself suspended.

The timing of this seems a bit iffy, coming a day after the CNN expose.
    I suppose its just a coincidence.

Twitter are really doing someones bidding, its all very sinister.

• Advertisement

Twitter are really doing Bidens bidding.

did somebody else get him suspended? is somebody else responsible for his actions?

Twitter are really doing someones bidding, its all very sinister.

What did it even expose? Serious question.

did somebody else get him suspended? is somebody else responsible for his actions?

He was suspended because of the story he broke yesterday exposing CNN's biasedness and duplicitness.

You know this, the dog on the street knows this, don't try to play dumb.
    What did it even expose? Serious question.

You know well what it exposed.

You mean Project Veritas was suspended for misrepresenting themselves?

That's largely out of character for them, surely

He was suspended because of the story he broke yesterday exposing CNN's biasedness.

You think that, and you think the dog on the street has an opinion about it. That's all.

Prove it, though.

He was suspended because of the story he broke yesterday exposing CNN's biasedness.

so you don't think he is responsible for his own actions. good to know.

But given the man's job, it's highly unlikely that he has such knowledge... So y'know, it's not the most credible story..

He was suspended because of the story he broke yesterday exposing CNN's biasedness and duplicitness.

Adorable. Tell us more about this story. Or perhaps go back and respond to the questions Machina ignored but that you have certainly read but also chosen to ignore.

Overheal wrote: »
    You mean Project Veritas was suspended for misrepresenting themselves?

That's largely out of character for them, surely

I'm shocked that a website with "truth" in the title could be dodgy. Next you'll be telling me that Pravda wasn't above board.

• Advertisement

Adorable. Tell us more about this story. Or perhaps go back and respond to the questions Machina ignored but that you have certainly read but also chosen to ignore.

Its futile me telling you or your ilk anything about the story.
    I'm not going to play your game.

There was already an expose of CNN's morning meetings released last year, where Jeff Zucker was recorded along with other staff.
    The tapes were released.

CNN are a tabloid tv channel, with a biased melodramatic agenda.
    Anyone who maintains that they are not, is brainwashed or disengenuous and I have no interest in engaging with such people or wasting time going off in tangents.

Advertisement