Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,324 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

everlast75 wrote: »

Can't find a confirmation of that tweet (note that someone in the thread said the same.) Nothing on the NYT, apnews, reuters....

And, remember this is possibly for a grand jury trial, which will be confidential until charges come out and even then the defense can plea bargain it away. The #IMPOTUS has settled something like 200(?) court cases during his life, this may just end up another he settles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Didn’t that cost 100’s of American jobs in the end?

A drop in ocean of job losses compared to the pointless trade wars which trump said were easy to win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭relax carry on

francois wrote: »

After everything we've come to know about Trump, does anyone think that he genuinely believes any of the absolute drivel that comes out of his mouth, or it is it just for the audience and his non stop grift?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

After everything we've come to know about Trump, does anyone think that he genuinely believes any of the absolute drivel that comes out of his mouth, or it is it just for the audience and his non stop grift?

I would say he believes almost every word of it, including at times when it directly contradicts something he said not long beforehand. I'm not sure whether that falls under mental illness, personality disorder, or something similar, but it's obviously a sign of someone not well in the head (which a lifetime of surrounding yourself with yes men and being given what ever you want can probably do to someone).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,324 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

All about media attention. $400k to attend a dinner with this guy. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Toeuptony

Would a "Trumpcine" not be something that would vaccinate us from Trumps? If so, then please hook it to my veins!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

"Trump also said Covid-19 vaccines should be renamed “Trumpcines” in his honour."

:D Has there ever been a more narcissistic/deluded person on this planet than Trumpy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    "Trump also said Covid-19 vaccines should be renamed “Trumpcines” in his honour."
    Jesus wept...he's a fukking idiot:pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭threeball

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1381283004945997828?s=19

If the people with the money are sick of him, he won't be making many more speeches.

He'll find enough simpletons to keep sending him a cheque so he can keep chugging along. If the election taught us one thing its that America is full of them.

PropJoe10 wrote: »

:D Has there ever been a more narcissistic/deluded person on this planet than Trumpy?

Interesting given even more evidence coming to light that his appointees were interfering with cdc covid reporting and metrics to try and assist him with the election among other things

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/09/trump-officials-bragged-about-pressuring-cdc-to-alter-covid-reports-emails-reveal-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump asked a simple question 'Should we boycott baseball' in response to them pulling their all-star game out of Georgia after the voter suppression bill.
    “I’m just not very interested in baseball for the last number of years. I think it’s not appropriate. You know, you look at, you want to find a game, it’s on every channel yet you can’t find anything. It’s the weirdest thing. It used to be a nice, easy thing to follow. And you know what I mean by that. It was on one network and it was nice and good and beautiful. Today, you don’t even know what the hell you’re watching. I would say boycott baseball. Why not?

Biden is closer to Obama than he is to Trump in terms of speaking skills.

Trump also went on to say this. Bold my emphasis.
    “I think what they did is a terrible thing. I think it’s a very unfair thing. And they didn’t even know the bill. And in fact, I think they were aware of the bill as it was going along. Everybody was OK with it. Then as soon as Stacey Abrams speaks up, they end up folding. And it should be the opposite. We have more people than they do. We don’t use the power of the people, you know. The people should boycott those companies that all of a sudden are so righteous. And you would find that they would come, they would be right back, because the bill, it’s a weak bill. It’s a weak bill.”

Tune in tomorrow when his fans will once again decry cancel culture while ignoring sh*t like this from the man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Tune in tomorrow when his fans will once again decry cancel culture while ignoring sh*t like this from the man himself.

Boycotting is not the same as cancel culture.
    Boycotting is when you choose not to engage certain people/businesses/etc.
    Cancel culture is when you try to get them fired/shutdown/etc.

Boycotting is a decision you make for yourself. Cancel culture is a decision you make for yourself and everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Lol. And here they are.
    Bet you reckon they didnt cancel Kaepernick either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,298 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

“He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again." 21st Feb 2021

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/1381705335505879044?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Boycotting is not the same as cancel culture.
    Boycotting is when you choose not to engage certain people/businesses/etc..

You mean like how Donnie called for a boycott on Coke but kept drinking it himself? Oh no wait, that's hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump wont let large numbers of refugees in : Biden supporters "Waaaaahhh that's racist"

Biden to let in even less refugees than Trump: Biden supporters "great policy from son of Ireland Joe"

Shtop the lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Trump wont let large numbers of refugees in : Biden supporters "Waaaaahhh that's racist"

Biden to let in even less refugees than Trump: Biden supporters "great policy from son of Ireland Joe"

Shtop the lights

No matter what Biden does over these next four years (if he lives that long) he can do no wrong in the eye of lefties who hated Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I see that the distinction between accepting fewer refugees and a deliberate policy of separations as a deterrent is too complex for some to grasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,228 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

BanditLuke wrote: »
    No matter what Biden does over these next four years (if he lives that long) he can do no wrong in the eye of lefties who hated Trump.

Blackadder:
    Baldrick, have you no idea what "irony" is?

Baldrick:
    Yes, it's like "goldy" and "bronzy" only it's made out of iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭ollkiller

BanditLuke wrote: »

Absolute nonsense. Im left leaning and disliked trump as he was ineffectual in the role. Biden so far is doing an ok job. Basically just undoing all the nonsense of the last 4 years. And if he does do wrong I'll have no qualms saying so. You're engaging in sweeping generalisations which have no merit.

ollkiller wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. Im left leaning and disliked trump as he was ineffectual in the role. Biden so far is doing an ok job. Basically just undoing all the nonsense of the last 4 years. And if he does do wrong I'll have no qualms saying so. You're engaging in sweeping generalisations which have no merit.

Bidens actions or non actions are not being reported on the same level as Trump. There was round the clock coverage of all things Trump. Biden is getting away light.

On another note imagine if Trumps dog had bitten 2 people. I know it's not relevant to his presidency but the media would have had an absolute field day.

Both are not treated the same coverage wise. There are record numbers at the border. Where are the tv cameras? Where are the politicians fake crying at the border?

They are not treated the same. By the media anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bidens actions or non actions are not being reported on the same level as Trump. There was round the clock coverage of all things Trump. Biden is getting away light.

That's heavily influenced by Trump's relationship with the media. When he wasn't in the news, he went out of his way to become the news, whether by tweet or statement or calling in to fox news. The man is a notorious narcissist that could not stand not seeing himself on his plethora of television screens during executive time.

Specifically to Biden, pretty sure the guy made a bit of a fuzzy campaign promise to not be that kind of President, to get politics back to normal where you did not have to check twitter before you took a piss in the morning to see if the POTUS had done more crazy.

Overheal wrote: »
    That's heavily influenced by Trump's relationship with the media. When he wasn't in the news, he went out of his way to become the news, whether by tweet or statement or calling in to fox news. The man is a notorious narcissist that could not stand not seeing himself on his plethora of television screens during executive time.

I read a saying today that sounded 100% correct...

"From a narcissist, every accusation is an admission"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

On another note imagine if Trumps dog had bitten 2 people. I know it's not relevant to his presidency but the media would have had an absolute field day.

Trump would have tweeted that his dog, the bestest dog, the greatest dog in the history of the world, only bites bad people. Those people must have been bad people. The FBI should investigate them NOW!!

Follow up tweet about how his dog, the smartest dog, the most brilliantest dog, should go to the border and guard the wall. Stop all the rapists and criminals.

Then at some pep rally a few days later he would tell his sycophants how he should let his dog, the toughest dog ever, loose in the press room. That would sort out all the fake news pussies.

So yes the media would cover it differently to Biden's dog.

Further proof (as if any was needed) that Trump is a lying sack of **** who caused unnecessary deaths in a pandemic

https://twitter.com/FridaGhitis/status/1382067143685070851?s=19

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Trump would have tweeted that his dog, the bestest dog, the greatest dog in the history of the world, only bites bad people. Those people must have been bad people. The FBI should investigate them NOW!!

Follow up tweet about how his dog, the smartest dog, the most brilliantest dog, should go to the border and guard the wall. Stop all the rapists and criminals.

Then at some pep rally a few days later he would tell his sycophants how he should let his dog, the toughest dog ever, loose in the press room. That would sort out all the fake news pussies.

So yes the media would cover it differently to Biden's dog.

Way to miss the point. Intentional no doubt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement