Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No way …. is that really the rules . I would have never of guessed
    I'd have thought they allowed it because it wasn't the rules

So why bring it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭The White Feather

McGregor by Sub
    Ottman Azaitar has been cut from the UFC.

I can't believe this but Azaitar and his team cut their wristbands and handed them to others outside of the safe zone that snuck in past the security members and everything was caught on camera.

Thats why he was off the card!! Unbelievable stupidity!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

McGregor by Sub
    So why bring it up?

MrStuffins answered the question ,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I can't believe this but Azaitar and his team cut their wristbands and handed them to others outside of the safe zone that snuck in past the security members and everything was caught on camera.

Proper order. What a twat. What a waste of a potentially great career.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

what a ****ing way to ruin a career like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I know the rules
    I'm just making the points the division is the 155lbs not the 156 lbs
    Never made sense why they let them be 1lb over

Ah okay - I inferred 'they let it go' as you not knowing the rules as if you did, you may have phrased it differently.

That being said, I get your point. People talk about scale calibration, ensure more fights happen without being too drained etc etc but you could then apply the same logic as to why a fighter has to weigh 155 for a 155lb Championship fight...

Either way, rules are rules :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How can you watch this if you've got Virgin media?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

RasTa wrote: »
    How can you watch this if you've got Virgin media?

on the telly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor by Sub
    whatever happened to stacking the big cards? aside from the main fight the rest of the card is pretty muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

McGregor by Sub
    froog wrote: »
    whatever happened to stacking the big cards? aside from the main fight the rest of the card is pretty muck.

Ridiculous, had 2 fight nights in the last week. Surely could have had max v kattar and chiesa v magny added to this PPV and it would have been an excellent card then.

I think Mcgregor wins in the 2nd via KO and I think Hooker gets the win against Chandler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub

They don't need to stack McGregor cards, they'll do stupid numbers no matter whos on it so

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

Finally found a way to purchase this legally without Sky!! Can I post here as it involves using a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor by Sub
    xtal191 wrote: »
    They don't need to stack McGregor cards, they'll do stupid numbers no matter whos on it so

i know that, but dana used to constantly drone on about stacking big cards to give fans a good product back in the day. used to **** all over boxing constantly. i guess the money men had their say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    Finally found a way to purchase this legally without Sky!! Can I post here as it involves using a VPN?

If you have to use a VPN you can get if for free legally in Netherlands.

McGregor by Sub
    Cletus If you're reading this your pms are full.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

i know that, but dana used to constantly drone on about stacking big cards to give fans a good product back in the day. used to **** all over boxing constantly. i guess the money men had their say.

He used to say women would never fight in the ufc too, and that Rhonda was unbeatable

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Throwaway 20

McGregor by Sub
    For the Khabib JG fight I bought a BT Sports pass from the UK (with a VPN) for £15. The same again tomorrow is £20. Still a saving! But it got me thinking, anyone know anywhere else in the world that it may be even cheaper? With ENG commentating of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭cletus

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Cletus If you're reading this your pms are full.

Cleared out some there now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

McGregor by Sub

That'll take some beating! How could anyone not know how tight security is or even be that stupid to think they might get away with this :confused:
    Such a pity but I hope he gets back at some stage

McGregor by Sub

I remember thinking the cerrone mc gregor card wasn't great but outside of the 2 main fights the rest of this card is really bad.

It might be hard to stay awake :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

I did a bit of a write up as I occasionally am prone to as a bit of a hobby. Not entirely happy with it but might aswell share:

https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/mcgregor-v-poirier-ii-a-fresh-start-for-2021-e0ecf18f70a9

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

McGregor by Sub
    They dont bother stacking McGregor cards because they domt have to for ot to make money
    Also they will never have Conor on with another superstar or Champion (unless its against him) becuase they get a cut of the PPV and it doesnt make financial sesne,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

What time do we reckon his fight should start? *roughly

McGregor by Sub
    py2006 wrote: »
    What time do we reckon his fight should start? *roughly

5am

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Watching the Poirer fight vs Hooker... man, Hooker unloads on him and stays swinging. You’ve got to wonder if Mcgregor can put him out in the first two rounds, Poirier has some chin.

At the same time, you a hot yo consider McGregor’s chin... he’s been rocked before, he’s definitely and slip n rip fighter rather than soak up damage. Poirier’s crew will be telling him he only has to get lucky once, McGregor may have to land a lot more to force a tko.

If McGregor unloads on him but Poirier weathers it, it could be a sticky situation for McGregor heading into Rd 3-5

I was impressed with some of Dustin’s creativity in the fight too, I think he’ll have some tricks up his sleeve. Having said that his combinations are incredibly predictable, and I imagine someone eith McGregor’s standing IQ he’ll read that handily enough, for example against Hooker it’s inside leg, straight left and an hook to finish ad nauseum.

I think it’s going to be an interesting fight. Don’t think it’ll be an easy ride for McGregor.

Having said that, McGregor relishes in working on new approaches and techniques - we saw glimpses in the few seconds against Cowboy but not enough to make any sort of decent analysis. I expect a measured approach but a bit of showmanship after the first 60 seconds or so. Be interesting to see what he comes up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Thinking of trying the VPN and using that Dutch website to watch this PPV as i don't have a sky box.

Anyone ever tried it before and does it work?

McGregor by Sub
    Thinking of trying the VPN and using that Dutch website to watch this PPV as i don't have a sky box.

Anyone ever tried it before and does it work?

Log on now and watch a replay of Wednesday or Saturdays card.

McGregor by Sub
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

Official UFC 257 Broadcasters around the world.

Taking a trip to Netherlands tomorrow myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Also I’ll be shouting for Hooker tomorrow for sure. Gas fella! Lovely striking technique too. Chandler is drip, but must be decent to be getting a shot this high up already? Anybody know much about him outside the UFC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

Official UFC 257 Broadcasters around the world.

Taking a trip to Netherlands tomorrow myself.

Why netherlands? Tried the website it has there and couldn't find any details about how to order etc on it. Also what VPNs are people using? I have tunnelbear but only the free version

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement