Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    DuffleBag wrote: »
    Why netherlands? Tried the website it has there and couldn't find any details about how to order etc on it

Its free if you're in the Netherlands with usual English commendatory. No sign up just a couple of ads before it starts.

https://www.kijk.nl/programmas/ufc/gIKqbuiSm1v/seizoen/173733928305/afleveringen/video/ufc-257/pKbeVQczVVi

Theres also s sport if you're in turkey which is €1.10 to order but you need to setup an account and i don't know if they have English commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 YoYo2021

Finally found a way to purchase this legally without Sky!! Can I post here as it involves using a VPN?

Do you mind letting me know how you found out to watch this legally?

Under normal circumstances I would go home and watch it with the family who have Sky. I am currently living in Dublin there are a lot of people in apartment blocks who cant get Sky as they need to install a dish and its only Virgin that is available.

Today I have talked to a few friends and there are a disgraceful amount of house parties organized for tomorrow. I have spoken to four people going and all of them have told me that they would 100% buy it if it was available.

So if you have a legal way of getting this please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

YoYo2021 wrote: »
    Do you mind letting me know how you found out to watch this legally?

Under normal circumstances I would go home and watch it with the family who have Sky. I am currently living in Dublin there are a lot of people in apartment blocks who cant get Sky as they need to install a dish and its only Virgin that is available.

Today I have talked to a few friends and there are a disgraceful amount of house parties organized for tomorrow. I have spoken to four people going and all of them have told me that they would 100% buy it if it was available.

So if you have a legal way of getting this please let me know!

Nice try, Dana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    .ak wrote: »
    Also I’ll be shouting for Hooker tomorrow for sure. Gas fella! Lovely striking technique too. Chandler is drip, but must be decent to be getting a shot this high up already? Anybody know much about him outside the UFC?

Chandler won LW title in bellator, lost it, then won it back. Had a couple good scraps with Eddie Alvarez. Just hard to determine how good he is against the calibre of.opposition in bellator. Good wrestling pedigree,.but hooker is long and awkward and may not be dominated easily.
    Wouldn't claim to know loads about Chandler but the two styles make it a real interesting fight.
    Hooker is having a great time over there though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub
    Watching the Poirer fight vs Hooker... man, Hooker unloads on him and stays swinging. You’ve got to wonder if Mcgregor can put him out in the first two rounds, Poirier has some chin.

At the same time, you a hot yo consider McGregor’s chin... he’s been rocked before, he’s definitely and slip n rip fighter rather than soak up damage. Poirier’s crew will be telling him he only has to get lucky once, McGregor may have to land a lot more to force a tko.

If McGregor unloads on him but Poirier weathers it, it could be a sticky situation for McGregor heading into Rd 3-5

I was impressed with some of Dustin’s creativity in the fight too, I think he’ll have some tricks up his sleeve. Having said that his combinations are incredibly predictable, and I imagine someone eith McGregor’s standing IQ he’ll read that handily enough, for example against Hooker it’s inside leg, straight left and an hook to finish ad nauseum.

I think it’s going to be an interesting fight. Don’t think it’ll be an easy ride for McGregor.

Having said that, McGregor relishes in working on new approaches and techniques - we saw glimpses in the few seconds against Cowboy but not enough to make any sort of decent analysis. I expect a measured approach but a bit of showmanship after the first 60 seconds or so. Be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Conor's chin? I think he had a great chin. Its one thing to get rocked, another thing to getting ko'd. Khabib caught him with a overhand right haymaker, didn't get down. Nate clipped him a few times in fight 2, even floyd clocked him but he still didn't go down. I think his chin is as good as it can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor on Pts
    Lucas Hood wrote: »
    If you have to use a VPN you can get if for free legally in Netherlands.

If you using a VPN to get the card, whether paid or free, I don’t think it legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Conor's chin? I think he had a great chin. Its one thing to get rocked, another thing to getting ko'd. Khabib caught him with a overhand right haymaker, didn't get down. Nate clipped him a few times in fight 2, even floyd clocked him but he still didn't go down. I think his chin is as good as it can be.

Nate stunned him with a jab in the first fight though. That, combined with fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

McGregor on Pts
    Dustin confirms Conor is donating $500k to his Good Fight Foundation as promised back when they talked about this as a charity fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,718 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Poirier by Sub

Almost went down..

That the shot were Conor wobbled backwards and almost went down?

Looked more clipping than real solid to me.. Conor took some of the sting out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Chandler won LW title in bellator, lost it, then won it back. Had a couple good scraps with Eddie Alvarez. Just hard to determine how good he is against the calibre of.opposition in bellator. Good wrestling pedigree,.but hooker is long and awkward and may not be dominated easily.
    Wouldn't claim to know loads about Chandler but the two styles make it a real interesting fight.
    Hooker is having a great time over there though :)

Chandler is very good. He's actually won the Bellator belt on, I think, three different occasions. Has also lost it on three occasions as well...although one of those he got a bad ankle injury and it was called off. Got KOed by Pitbull to lose it most recently though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McGregor by Sub
    Gonna be a demolition in McGregor’s favour here.

Poirier half gonna lie down for him - mentally not near his level and is falling into playing the buddy-buddy thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JoeExotic81

Even though it's ridiculous money for what might be just two fights, one which may not last a round, I'm gonna be a sucker and stump up. Fvck all else to look forward to these days :pac:

Any tips on what other fights, even on the prelims, might stand out or be worth an interest?

Kind of enjoying the respectful vibe in the leadup. Be a good test for McGregor to see if he's still capable of his A game. I really didn't put much worth into beating cerrone, but there's no doubting Dustin is a whole other level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    If you using a VPN to get the card, whether paid or free, I don’t think it legal.

Use of a vpn isn't illegal. Immoral maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

McGregor by Sub
    froog wrote: »
    whatever happened to stacking the big cards? aside from the main fight the rest of the card is pretty muck.

Well Conor doesn't want other fighters earning big ppv points off his back, so that rules out title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭HBC08

McGregor taking gimme fights against 14/1 outsiders.
    That's the measure of the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

HBC08 wrote: »

It's fight day people! Experts like this one will be dropping some knowledge on us for the next 48 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Round 1 win for Connor with a quick belly buster with the left. Put the cash on it now before the bookies get wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub

I dOnt LiKe cONor sO I wAstE mY tIme pOStinG NOnSensE on fOruMS abOuT HIm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Round 1 win for Connor with a quick belly buster with the left. Put the cash on it now before the bookies get wise.

Thanks Elton John, like your music also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

McGregor by Sub
    My opinion is this ends round 1.
    It’s more than likely not going past round 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    Episode 6 of Embedded is up and I have to say Dustin looks absolutely rattled waiting backstage to go out for the ceremonial weigh ins. His words do not match his body language at all. It's like he is trying to convince himself that he belongs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

callaway92 wrote: »
    Poirier half gonna lie down for him.

What a disrespectful stupid thing to say.

Is that a price you are offering on Dustin, I’ll have €50 on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

McGregor by Sub
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Episode 6 of Embedded is up and I have to say Dustin looks absolutely rattled waiting backstage to go out for the ceremonial weigh ins. His words do not match his body language at all. It's like he is trying to convince himself that he belongs there.

Agree, he was all over the shop .

I think hes actually accepted it In his head that hes going to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Meh, I just think he’s not good with the fan fare, I think he’ll be formidable enough once in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

McGregor by Sub

Fuksake......at least wait till he wins! who knows Poirier might win and he'll be the best fighter since sliced bread

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What you’re describing for me is not a good chin. Conor is great at not taking a clean slap, but when he has he’s been wobbled.

For me, a good chin is what you see from Poirier vs Hooker for example, or Diaz bro’s, Penn, Henderson, Sanchez, Lawler, guys who can take square shots and still walk forward.

Conor’s chin is not in that league. That’s not a bad thing, he’s a fighter who avoids damage and I find that far more skilful than a fighter who just walks through damage. But there’s no denying he’s been wobbled on his feet with single shots. Even Mendes hurt him there when he foolishly lowered his guard to taunt him.

If Poirier gets a shot off on him like did against Justin then McGregor could be in trouble. I think Conor needs to be careful with his range ala Alvarez fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

McGregor by Sub
    What you’re describing for me is not a good chin. Conor is great at not taking a clean slap, but when he has he’s been wobbled.

For me, a good chin is what you see from Poirier vs Hooker for example, or Diaz bro’s, Penn, Henderson, Sanchez, Lawler, guys who can take square shots and still walk forward.

Conor’s chin is not in that league. That’s not a bad thing, he’s a fighter who avoids damage and I find that far more skilful than a fighter who just walks through damage. But there’s no denying he’s been wobbled on his feet with single shots. Even Mendes hurt him there when he foolishly lowered his guard to taunt him.

If Poirier gets a shot off on him like did against Justin then McGregor could be in trouble. I think Conor needs to be careful with his range ala Alvarez fight.

Why are you listing several fighters that have been knocked out many times?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    Just rewatch Mendes fight if you want to see Conor's chin on display. He took some big clean shots in that and just asked for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

McGregor by Sub
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Gonna be a demolition in McGregor’s favour here.

Poirier half gonna lie down for him - mentally not near his level and is falling into playing the buddy-buddy thing.

There's something not right about Poirier here.
    It looks to me like he's happy to have the fight but I don't think he
    believes he can win this.

He's well able for a war here if his head is right but just a gut feeling he
    won't have the stomach for it.
    I feel if Conor got into his head like the first fight that he'd still have Dustin beaten before the fight starts....

I do however hope I'm miles off and I'd love to see Dustin win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

McGregor by Sub
    Hooker surely has the beating of chandler if mc can't get him down

he looked great v dp winning the first two rounds but tiring late on so a 3 round fight should be perfect for him
    He also won 2 of the first 3 rounds v felder tho one judge gave him all three
    He'll be so so hard to beat here given how much he's improved between fights also

Like someone else said here I'd love to see both win and they are both good guys though I especially love Hookers enthusiasm

He's a lad you've love to have a pint with..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement