Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McGregor by Sub
    mdwexford wrote: »
    What a disrespectful stupid thing to say.

Ah go away with that.

I’ve been a member of this forum long enough for people to know I don’t mean it’s a fix.

I mean I can’t see Poirier sticking out more than a few clean hits - seems rattled like the last time, just this time he’s playing a persona that they’re friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

Anyone care to PM me details on how to watch through VPN?

Ive set my location to Netherlands on my current VPN but do I need to sign in to a specific Dutch channel and if so, what is it? Bit lost

You'd be doing me a real favour

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McGregor by Sub
    mailburner wrote: »
    There's something not right about Poirier here.
    It looks to me like he's happy to have the fight but I don't think he
    believes he can win this.

He's well able for a war here if his head is right but just a gut feeling he
    won't have the stomach for it.
    I feel if Conor got into his head like the first fight that he'd still have Dustin beaten before the fight starts....

I do however hope I'm miles off and I'd love to see Dustin win

Completely this. It’s over before it starts.

My god I could watch Dustin fighting all day but he has a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

McGregor by Sub
    Anyone care to PM me details on how to watch through VPN?

Ive set my location to Netherlands on my current VPN but do I need to sign in to a specific Dutch channel and if so, what is it? Bit lost

You'd be doing me a real favour

Thanks

https://www.kijk.nl/programmas/ufc/gIKqbuiSm1v
    AFAIK this is the Dutch one.

Someone else posted this earlier. List of all stations showing it across the world:
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

H8GHOTI wrote: »

Someone else posted this earlier. List of all stations showing it across the world:
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

Thank you!

On that first Dutch link I'm getting an unable to connect error. Is this down to the fact that the channel is not live or can people access the channels content currently?

• Advertisement

Thank you!

On that first Dutch link I'm getting an unable to connect error. Is this down to the fact that the channel is not live or can people access the channels content currently?

Nevermind this post. Got it sorted out. Cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Why is this fight on so late , thought the fight island fights usually on a lot earlier than normal.3am ffs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why is this fight on so late , thought the fight island fights usually on a lot earlier than normal.3am ffs

It's on at this time to facilitate the US market who buy the PPVs. If they had it on earlier then it could cause less people in the US to tune in and buy the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They're not. Only 254 was. The rest of the PPVs at Fight Island have all been the same

Recently got rid of my sky box. Is the only way to watch this in Ireland is by physically having a skybox. The sky sports box office app and website is infuriating. Says itsopen to ROI, but only lets you sign in, not sign up. Even when following their link to sign up.

Anyways I know these posts can be annoying but this will be the first fight I miss, so please humour me 😭😭😭

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Dana going after streaming hosts tonight lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vautours Ghost

Do you have to pay for this through the Dutch tv channel or is it on free there ?

McGregor by Sub
    Recently got rid of my sky box. Is the only way to watch this in Ireland is by physically having a skybox. The sky sports box office app and website is infuriating. Says itsopen to ROI, but only lets you sign in, not sign up. Even when following their link to sign up.

Anyways I know these posts can be annoying but this will be the first fight I miss, so please humour me 😭😭😭

It’s not on Sky Box Office, it’s BT Box Office but yes you need a Sky box, not available on app.

McGregor by Sub
    Do you have to pay for this through the Dutch tv channel or is it on free there ?

Free, going by what others have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Gonna stay up and watch this tonight, i have a fight pass subscription, are the main fights included in that? Can only see prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭cletus

Gonna stay up and watch this tonight, i have a fight pass subscription, are the main fights included in that? Can only see prelims

No

It’s not on Sky Box Office, it’s BT Box Office but yes you need a Sky box, not available on app.

Cheers, at least I know now. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Will_I_Regret

Nope. Unless by chance you were in Australia, then you can buy the PPV on Fight Pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

GiftofGab wrote: »
    If you have a VPN you can log online onto a Dutch tv station and watch there. It's shown legally on that station free of charge.

I'd be surprised (and delighted) if a vpn worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    I'd be surprised (and delighted) if a vpn worked.

It works.

• Advertisement

So whats the most straight forward way to watch this in Ireland lads?

McGregor by Sub
    Cheers, at least I know now. Thanks

Try this VPN solution?
    If I didn’t have Sky, I’d give that a go.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It works.

Good chance it won't come 3am unfortunately.

McGregor by Sub
    Good chance it won't come 3am unfortunately.

Cool. People have been using it for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    Gonna be setting the alarm for this one, can't do full late nights anymore with a 2 year old waiting to jump on me all day Sunday, that's if i can find a way to watch. Hopefully i can stay awake/Dana doesn't get me.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Cool. People have been using it for ages.

Just can't see how the UFC would allow people to use a VPN from other regions without blocking them. Think of the revenue they'd lose. I'm hopeful it'll work myself as I don't have a skybox. We'll see.

how are ye able to even buy it on bt sport with a vpn without a uk visa card?

McGregor by Sub
    how are ye able to even buy it on bt sport with a vpn without a uk visa card?

Directly on Sky box

Directly on Sky box

So the only way to watch this in Ireland is owning a sky box? What is it 2001 ffs

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Just can't see how the UFC would allow people to use a VPN from other regions without blocking them. Think of the revenue they'd lose. I'm hopeful it'll work myself as I don't have a skybox. We'll see.

I couldn't imagine they would have left no way for irish people who don't have sky to order but here we are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement