Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Finally found a way to purchase this legally without Sky!! Can I post here as it involves using a VPN?

Can u pm me details?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭vafankillar

I never bet & dont understand odds but was gonna throws few quid against mcgregor. Surprised the odds werent more in mcgregors favour. Only get like 30 if you bet a 10. Thought mcgregor was much more favourite than that

Maybe I'm just skewed cos I've only bet on a few rugby matches before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    I never bet & dont understand odds but was gonna throws few quid against mcgregor. Surprised the odds werent more in mcgregors favour. Only get like 30 if you bet a 10. Thought mcgregor was much more favourite than that

You are getting the favourite at 2/1 in a two horse race, they are great odds.

McGregor by Sub

Where are you getting those odds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

McGregor by Sub
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just rewatch Mendes fight if you want to see Conor's chin on display. He took some big clean shots in that and just asked for more.
    Rogan even said he could take a punch in that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

McGregor by Sub

Hey man. Conor is 1/3 to win the fight, so bet 30 to win 10, not the opposite. Now you can also bet on how he will win, what round etc. I even saw 8/1 that he wins in 60 seconds. (Bet 10, win 80).
    Anyway, if you just want a small bet for a bit of fun maybe pick something with decent odds. Less likely to happen , but anything can happen in the fight game.

McGregor by Sub
    Gamb!t wrote: »
    Rogan even said he could take a punch in that fight.

He can take a punch for sure. Wouldn't say his chin is granite but it isnt glass either. He's no Amir Khan for example.
    Now Dustin has power but not one punch power, although anyone can go down if clipped right.
    He's a good volume puncher as he showed against eddie, hooker and max. I just think if it turns into that kind of fight then conor will be landing too. He's a classic counter puncher and we know how that ends.

McGregor by Sub
    Even though it's ridiculous money for what might be just two fights, one which may not last a round, I'm gonna be a sucker and stump up. Fvck all else to look forward to these days :pac:

Any tips on what other fights, even on the prelims, might stand out or be worth an interest?

Kind of enjoying the respectful vibe in the leadup. Be a good test for McGregor to see if he's still capable of his A game. I really didn't put much worth into beating cerrone, but there's no doubting Dustin is a whole other level.

Well, if you are paying for it I'd watch the whole card. It will be 2 to 3 hours of entertainment.
    The co main should be good and I'm also looking forward to the two women's fights.
    Having said that, the first three fights last weekend all had crazy ko's, so we could be in for another treat.
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    https://www.ufc.com/news/how-watch-ufc-257-poirier-vs-mcgregor-2-stream-links-start-times-and-fight-card

Official UFC 257 Broadcasters around the world.

Taking a trip to Netherlands tomorrow myself.

Did anyone do this for the Holloway fight? What was the quality like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

McGregor by Sub
    Did anyone do this for the Holloway fight? What was the quality like?

I didn't watch it all on there as I have normal bt but turned it on and it was fine with same english commentary as BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think Dustin needs to be in close to Conor to land shots, I don't think Conor will allow him get in close like that as Gaethje did, therefore I think Dustin will really struggle to get within range, whereas Conor can pick you apart from anywhere and that karate style stance will serve him well.

The line up reminds me a little in the style of Adesanya and Whittaker, where Rob over reached several times and got picked off as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Is anyone else struggling to buy into the hype for this fight?

I'm usually on-board after watching the press conferences but with the whole lack of crowds, paying compliments to each other, and friendly exchanging of gifts makes it feel like a charity event or international friendly. The whole event just seems to be lacking a bit of bite.

I hope I'm wrong but it feels like a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Sorry if already discussed, but I am catching up on some coverage from during the week.

On Ariel's show, Kavanagh let slip that Conor has been training in an orthodox stance throughout this camp.

Kavanagh quickly realises he has made a massive slip of the tongue, asks Ariel if he could edit it out, Ariel agrees but it's still there as of now.

:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

BrentMused wrote: »
    Sorry if already discussed, but I am catching up on some coverage from during the week.

On Ariel's show, Kavanagh let slip that Conor has been training in an orthodox stance throughout this camp.

Kavanagh quickly realises he has made a massive slip of the tongue, asks Ariel if he could edit it out, Ariel agrees but it's still there as of now.

:eek::pac:

Could be a bluff. Seemed a bit ham-fisted of a slip

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Poirier by Sub
    howdy folks, quick question, is the whole card on bt sports or just the first few, do I need to buy the ppv option on bt box office? I have the regular bt sports. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

McGregor by Sub
    howdy folks, quick question, is the whole card on bt sports or just the first few, do I need to buy the ppv option on bt box office? I have the regular bt sports. thanks

Prelims on BT Sports. Main card on BT Box Office

• Registered Users Posts: 54,719 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Poirier by Sub

Box Office kicks off at 01:00

McGregor by Sub
    Hey man. Conor is 1/3 to win the fight, so bet 30 to win 10, not the opposite. Now you can also bet on how he will win, what round etc. I even saw 8/1 that he wins in 60 seconds. (Bet 10, win 80).
    Anyway, if you just want a small bet for a bit of fun maybe pick something with decent odds. Less likely to happen , but anything can happen in the fight game.

Bookies saying that McGregor has a 75% chance of winning.
    1/3 means bookies will win once in every 4 events. Bet €3 to win €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,719 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Poirier by Sub
    Poll pretty overwhelming for Conor at 78-22

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

McGregor by Sub
    Is the only way to get this in Ireland through a sky box? The brother was looking to use a firestick with the BT Sport Box Office app but there doesn't seem to be a way to use it for the fight

• Advertisement

McGregor by Sub
    Is the only way to get this in Ireland through a sky box? The brother was looking to use a firestick with the BT Sport Box Office app but there doesn't seem to be a way to use it for the fight

If you have a VPN you can log online onto a Dutch tv station and watch there. It's shown legally on that station free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

McGregor by Sub
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    If you have a VPN you can log online onto a Dutch tv station and watch there. It's shown legally on that station free of charge.

Yeah I seen that on here a bit earlier alright but the brother doesn't have a laptop or anything and I'm not going to try and explain a vpn to him over the phone lol Seems a bit strange to cut off potential paying customers by making them need to have a sky dish :confused:

McGregor by Sub
    GiftofGab wrote: »
    Bookies saying that McGregor has a 75% chance of winning.
    1/3 means bookies will win once in every 4 events. Bet €3 to win €1.

That's what I said. Bet 30 to win 10 = bet 3 to win 1

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Going to do a wake up job for this. What time do we think the McGregor fight will kick off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭xtal191

McGregor by Sub
    I really like Dustin and would love to see him win but I honestly cant see any way he wins this fight, its gonna be another quick one for McGregor imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Dustin is high level and has some quality wins on his CV but if we are being honest this is about what level McGregor is still at. If he’s close to his best then he will most likely have too much for Dustin.

However, 2 fights in 2 years whilst not exactly living a fighters life raises a question mark. As usual, we will know where he is at early in the fight.

If he still carries the pop and the reaction speeds are still there then I think it will be over early. If not then Dustin has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭vafankillar

I said bet against conor, as in dustin to win.

(this was yesterday tho havne't checked since and odds may have changed)

McGregor by Sub
    Going to do a wake up job for this. What time do we think the McGregor fight will kick off at?

About 5am irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

McGregor by Sub
    I'm just rewatching Poirier v Hooker and it was a crazy fight. Both lads taking full on hooks and elbows square to the jaw.

If Dustin's chin holds up that well we could be in for a cracker of a fight. Although Hooker did have him on the verge of defeat toward the end of the 2nd. If there was 10-20 seconds left in the round Hooker would have won it.

I don't see Conor staying in the pocket as much as Hooker did, and Dustin is a little wild when swinging from range. He tends to plod forward without much head movement off the center line and very littl lateral foot movement. He drops his hands a lot to readjust his shorts too, he could pay for that big time with how good Conor's timing is.

For me, for Dustin to have a chance he needs to stay out of range, don't over commit, fire some low kicks at Conor's lead leg, and then engage in the clinch up against the cage when he can and get off some dirty boxing. All that may not be enough but I reckon it's his best chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

McGregor by Sub
    Never in my life have I seen such a lovey dovey presss conference and weigh in. Even more so than against Cowboy last year.

But McGregor showed then that he can be nice & respectful but still bust you up. Be interesting to see what way Poirier is in the cage. A few people saying he looks nervous etc. Armchair psychology stuff but I’ve been getting that vibe from him in almost every interview for 2 months now. Maybe he’s like that all the time, haven’t watched interviews before his other fights tbh.

I hope we get a decent fight anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement