Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

2456762

Comments

  • #2


    DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't think that will be the case. Your talking about people who have a particular world view, similar to this

    https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1350569607300583428?s=19

    The whole commie thing is well before trump raised his fake tan head above the political parapet. Your talking decades of conditioning and the fact that people of a certain political/world view have a thing about blood lines and the purity of them.

    Sure you could argue that they are suffering from a mental defect/illness or are just a bit thick, and some of them most certainly are, but others are not and are just scrotes.

    The fact trump is off Twitter*, and won't be the president in a few days isn't going to change a thing for these people.

    * One of his supporters on here has a thread open claiming/celebrating that the number of Twitter users is going down and people are moving to other apps like Telegram. So there is always a online platform that if he so wished trump could move to and start spouting stuff from, like he did as part of the birther movement when Obama was president.


    I might have presented my argument wrong. I don't believe one second that the problem goes away, indeed it will take decades-generations but and I might be wrong but I think the immediate issues will die down.


  • #2


    Swings and roundabouts. After Trump won, in 2017/2018, Calexit started trending. All depends on if you think things are going your way at the time.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/24/calexit-plan-to-divorce-california-from-us-is-getting-a-second-chance.html

    Not that the rest of the US would be happy to see either TX or CA go. Either would have a huge ramification on the political landscape of the rest of the country.

    Calexit only started trending on social media thanks to Russian bots, with the group having been founded by a guy based in Russia - as mentioned in the article you linked they did start collecting signatures, but their petition only got a tiny fraction of the signatures that would have been needed to take it forward, and it soon petered out. It was a complete non-entity in reality.


  • #2


    What.Now wrote: »
    I might have presented my argument wrong. I don't believe one second that the problem goes away, indeed it will take decades-generations but and I might be wrong but I think the immediate issues will die down.

    I think it will depend on how legal events play out.

    Steve Bannon, a major conservative influencer has ongoing legal concerns, the Trump family, similar obviously. Last Wednesday will influence how others feel about pushing their issue. I see Lauren Boebert is facing calls for her possible role in it. If Trump is impeached, the likes of Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz, et al might temper their narrative for a period though I wouldn't bet on it.

    The elephant in the room is the 74M who voted for Trump, would they still do so now given how he has behaved since the election? Given his behaviour throughout 2020, I expect they would. It is this body of people who the GOP will be trying to capture the favour of and it remains to be seen if they do so by putting fuel on the fire, or, if Biden gets some success and positivity in year 1/2, the GOP strategists realise that stoking the fire when things could be going well is just going to make it easy for Biden to be returned.


  • #2


    quokula wrote: »
    Calexit only started trending on social media thanks to Russian bots, with the group having been founded by a guy based in Russia - as mentioned in the article you linked they did start collecting signatures, but their petition only got a tiny fraction of the signatures that would have been needed to take it forward, and it soon petered out. It was a complete non-entity in reality.

    With the target of that supposed to be the same 'oppressed' Republican voters without a voice. It fits nicely and neatly into their world view that he coasts look down on them. Where as the reality is they don't. Their busy with the same lives those that consume this nonsense are.


    Americans have become so easily manipulated a simple hashtag that gets amplified sets them off. And they used to laugh at the middle East....


  • #2


    One of the sadder, but understandable things I've heard about the upcoming inauguration came from some former AD of the FBI, said they are going to have to have counterintelligence snipers pointing at their own troops on the day because they have no idea how many Trumper terrorist's have infiltrated the services, the national guard etc.

    That's a pretty sad state of affairs for a country to be in.


  • #2


    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Thankfully that story is not as horrific as initially reported and he has somewhat apologised for it but obviously left it up for those sweet retweets.

    https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1350566269519585280

    Tf is a private security guard doing with 500 rounds? It's like saying you've a couple of tons of fertiliser for your one row of carrots in your back garden. Sure it's not illegal, but cop on


  • #2


    One of the sadder, but understandable things I've heard about the upcoming inauguration came from some former AD of the FBI, said they are going to have to have counterintelligence snipers pointing at their own troops on the day because they have no idea how many Trumper terrorist's have infiltrated the services, the national guard etc.

    That's a pretty sad state of affairs for a country to be in.

    So, we have US snipers taking out armed US troops who are meant to be there to protect government buildings from armed rebels. That escalated quickly.


  • #2


    Sidebar [what's in a name] story to the Texan Realtor allegedly involved in the Capitol insurrection incident, a Canadian realtor with the same 1st and surname faced hassle and praise from others who may have googled the name and career made a wrong connection between her and the Texan. Due to the misfortune which befell the Canadian, I used the word "allegedly" in deference to her situation.

    https://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/sudbury-woman-victim-of-mistaken-identity-following-siege-on-u-s-capitol-1.5260390


  • #2


    One of the sadder, but understandable things I've heard about the upcoming inauguration came from some former AD of the FBI, said they are going to have to have counterintelligence snipers pointing at their own troops on the day because they have no idea how many Trumper terrorist's have infiltrated the services, the national guard etc.

    That's a pretty sad state of affairs for a country to be in.

    Reminds me of reading that during World War 2, the NKVD had divisions whose sole purpose it was was to shoot Red Army soldiers who tried to run away.

    I think it's a mark of how low the US has sunk that this sort of measure is necessary.


  • #2


    DubInMeath wrote: »
    Don't think that will be the case. Your talking about people who have a particular world view, similar to this

    https://twitter.com/jdpoc/status/1350569607300583428?s=19

    The whole commie thing is well before trump raised his fake tan head above the political parapet. Your talking decades of conditioning and the fact that people of a certain political/world view have a thing about blood lines and the purity of them.

    Sure you could argue that they are suffering from a mental defect/illness or are just a bit thick, and some of them most certainly are, but others are not and are just scrotes.

    The fact trump is off Twitter*, and won't be the president in a few days isn't going to change a thing for these people.

    * One of his supporters on here has a thread open claiming/celebrating that the number of Twitter users is going down and people are moving to other apps like Telegram. So there is always a online platform that if he so wished trump could move to and start spouting stuff from, like he did as part of the birther movement when Obama was president.

    I'm not sure if this article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is linked to your Col Juarez. After another "Colonel", "Col Perez" AKA Troy Smocks, went on Parler making threats of taking over Washington on the 19th, the FBI viewed his YouTube videos. He had already been in Washington on the day before the attack on the Capitol. The FBI arrested him after he had booked a flight out of the U.S. There seems to be a few Colonels in Texas with Hispanic names allegedly backing Trumps belief of a robbed presidency.

    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article248559960.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

    With a judge [hammer time, bring on the insurrection Act and the military] and a preacher [Yahweh will bring a miracle, prepare for a military tribunal] backing Trump in Texas, his believers don't look to be going away soon.


  • #2


    Reminds me of reading that during World War 2, the NKVD had divisions whose sole purpose it was was to shoot Red Army soldiers who tried to run away.

    I think it's a mark of how low the US has sunk that this sort of measure is necessary.


    It's the cruel, logical security reflection on the fact that the neighbour may not be trustable due to Trump-ism. MP Straggler-lines were used for the purpose of locating and redirecting soldiers who had gone astray from their frontline units by all WW2 armies to stop illegal absence from the front. Sometimes the redirection was to C.M's In The Field. Think of how Capitol Police Officers may be looking at each other after the attack.


  • #2


    Swings and roundabouts. After Trump won, in 2017/2018, Calexit started trending. All depends on if you think things are going your way at the time.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/24/calexit-plan-to-divorce-california-from-us-is-getting-a-second-chance.html

    Not that the rest of the US would be happy to see either TX or CA go. Either would have a huge ramification on the political landscape of the rest of the country.

    Calexit (2) started trending because of a major astroturf campaign heavily funded and featuring Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks.
    Calexit (1) was headed by a guy who now lives in Moscow.
    Texas similarly and an Alaska Indy trend was the first push by the Olgino troll factory.
    In light of the Capitol coup attempt and Democrat control the foundation for this fake campaigns will by ripped away and they will fall into the fringes or most likely nothingness.


  • #2


    The Pillow-man's visit yesterday to Trump was unusual in that there seems to have been a casual display by him of the document-content on his clipboard. I'd have thought any such document-contents would have been held more securely, FYEO papers.


  • #2


    There have been some stupid people involved in the riot/insurrection, but this one takes the biscuit. "Here's me doing an insurrection everyone"


  • #2


    aloyisious wrote: »
    The Pillow-man's visit yesterday to Trump was unusual in that there seems to have been a casual display by him of the document-content on his clipboard. I'd have thought any such document-contents would have been held more securely, FYEO papers.

    Except the caveat is that trump doesn't exactly surround himself with the most competent of people


  • #2


    aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is linked to your Col Juarez. After another "Colonel", "Col Perez" AKA Troy Smocks, went on Parler making threats of taking over Washington on the 19th, the FBI viewed his YouTube videos. He had already been in Washington on the day before the attack on the Capitol. The FBI arrested him after he had booked a flight out of the U.S. There seems to be a few Colonels in Texas with Hispanic names allegedly backing Trumps belief of a robbed presidency.

    https://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article248559960.html#storylink=mainstage_lead

    With a judge [hammer time, bring on the insurrection Act and the military] and a preacher [Yahweh will bring a miracle, prepare for a military tribunal] backing Trump in Texas, his believers don't look to be going away soon.

    Yeah the lad linked to in the tweet from my post was as real a colonel as colonel sanders.

    Not to say that some serving and ex military weren't present for the capitol breach; Also being ex military won't prevent them from being subject to a military court if found and the military want to prosecute them.


  • #2


    prawnsambo wrote: »
    There have been some stupid people involved in the riot/insurrection, but this one takes the biscuit. "Here's me doing an insurrection everyone"

    If Trump's attempts at illegality were best snarked as "stupid Watergate", surely the events in DC must be "stupid Kristellnacht". God help America if any insurrection were properly planned, but you almost feel sorry for these clowns. Almost. Throw the book at them, they can bleat prejudice all the way to the klink


  • #2


    pixelburp wrote: »
    If Trump's attempts at illegality were best snarked as "stupid Watergate", surely the events in DC must be "stupid Kristellnacht". God help America if any insurrection were properly planned, but you almost feel sorry for these clowns. Almost. Throw the book at them, they can bleat prejudice all the way to the klink

    As you say book must be thrown....

    A couple of days before the attempt, all living previous Secretaries of Defense spoke out against the military interfering in elections and following anything but the constitution. That undermined Trump's attempt to get any of the main Security arms behind him. This was significant as he had succeeded in significantly reducing the Security around the Capitol when there was severe warnings by the FBI among others that 'war was coming' to the Capitol.
    While all attention was on the dressed up muppets a group of military trained men (some with cable tie cuffs) made a coordinated entrance and search of the building. Pence apparently had only 60 seconds to spare on the mob.
    It is quite clear that people were going to be kidnapped or killed.
    Can anyone imagine what would have happenned had they captured AOC for example? Pelosi had to announce that investigations may have to start on Congress people after it emerged that some/and or their staffers had shown some of the rioters around the building the day before.
    Recall also that two pipe bombs did not explode. Had they exploded and distracted would not security have been even weaker?
    Krisstalnacht was coup no2 by Hitler the first was a fiasco in 1924. But that's the point, failed coups are always presented as a fiasco, not a real coup. a joke. This is not accidental and allows the protagonists to get away with it.

    The US needs to be on high alert now that this desperate lunatic has shown his colours finally. Trump is in serious legal jeopardy. He has a few days left....

    If I was Biden/Harris I would hold the inauguration in a secret location. The winning is them getting in and restoring democracy. There are very real threats that this will be stopped at all costs.


  • #2


    Was anything done differently regarding the vote count when Trump won? Why are the way votes are counted unreliable and open to fraud only when he loses?


  • #2


    Was anything done differently regarding the vote count when Trump won? Why are the way votes are counted unreliable and open to fraud only when he loses?

    Because as he's been saying since he first ran for office in 2016, the only way he can lose is if his opponent cheats. Only way. No other reason. Ergo, if he wins, they're totally reliable. If he loses, the opponent cheated. He complained about this during the 2015 primary season when he lost to Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses.


  • #2


    Igotadose wrote: »
    Because as he's been saying since he first ran for office in 2016, the only way he can lose is if his opponent cheats. Only way. No other reason. Ergo, if he wins, they're totally reliable. If he loses, the opponent cheated. He complained about this during the 2015 primary season when he lost to Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses.
    Also just particular to this election, commentators were alluding to a 'red mirage' where the majority of in person votes would be republican and counted first, giving the illusion that Trump was winning early on. Trump seized on this and was intent on declaring himself the 'winner' based on these early returns in order to bolster the notion that he was being cheated when the inevitable waves of democrat votes cast by mail would be counted later. So he used what was an expected phenomenon as 'evidence' of being cheated. His supporters swallowed this whole.


  • #2


    One thing I'm struggling to get is the "what about the 74m" argument. Yes, it was a big turnout, but that was because of such a polarised election.

    If Biden had been running against a standard Rep candidate, there's no way hes hitting 82m or whatever the final number is.

    So you're actually alienating even more voters by leaning into trump. You'll still have Rep voters voting Rep, irrespective of candidate, but if you have a run of the mill Rep, you've likely a better chance of picking up the independents that pretty much all fell Bidens way


  • #2


    One thing I'm struggling to get is the "what about the 74m" argument. Yes, it was a big turnout, but that was because of such a polarised election.

    If Biden had been running against a standard Rep candidate, there's no way hes hitting 82m or whatever the final number is.

    So you're actually alienating even more voters by leaning into trump. You'll still have Rep voters voting Rep, irrespective of candidate, but if you have a run of the mill Rep, you've likely a better chance of picking up the independents that pretty much all fell Bidens way

    It's like a football supporter saying they scored more goals than ever before therefore they should have won, unfortunately the opposing team scored one more


  • #2


    Overheal wrote: »
    Pentagon declared nopesies to that

    https://www.mediaite.com/news/pentagon-confirms-military-will-not-hold-traditional-farewell-ceremony-for-trump/

    The suckers and losers want nothing to do with him.

    I'd imagine that the military are caught in a bit of a bind here as a complete refusal of an honour display would be said to be similar to a verdict of guilt ahead of any trial Trump will face. They could provide a ceremony like that accorded to Obama when he left office in 2017, a review at the joint base Myer-Henderson Hall near the Pentagon, away from the White House as it's a precedent.

    A flat refusal for an artillery firing ceremony request can be made because of the effect the explosive noise & sound-waves would have on an already nervy city, what with the threats made by the insurgents of a repeat Capitol event using fire-arms and ordnance this time. The sight of towed artillery heading for the White House would likely cause excitement as well.


  • #2


    I'm looking forward to see what sort of relationship there will be between Putin and Biden, compared to the one going out of business soon, to see if Putin makes any sort of public break with Trump and Co and/or there are likely to be revelations in the near distance of what was said in Trump's private meeting in the White House with Putin's ministers.


  • #2


    aloyisious wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to see what sort of relationship there will be between Putin and Biden, compared to the one going out of business soon, to see if Putin makes any sort of public break with Trump and Co and/or there are likely to be revelations in the near distance of what was said in Trump's private meeting in the White House with Putin's ministers.

    What happens to Navalny, having returned to Russia today, and Biden's response will give an answer.


  • #2


    Water John wrote: »
    What happens to Navalny, having returned to Russia today, and Biden's response will give an answer.

    I'm perplexed why Navalny didn't wait another week until Biden was President just to possibly temper Putin desires to act which he might feel more acceptable in these last few days.


  • #2


    I'm perplexed why Navalny didn't wait another week until Biden was President just to possibly temper Putin desires to act which he might feel more acceptable in these last few days.
    I doubt a few days would make any difference. If Biden wants to take any action, he's got an open goal really. Navalny is putting it up to Putin on his own terms. It's a big risk, but whether it was today or next week would make no difference, Putin does something, he'll do it whether Biden is in office or not because there will be repercussions either way.


  • #2


    Very worrying about Navalny, hopefully Biden does something about it help him


  • #2


    Headshot wrote: »
    Very worrying about Navalny, hopefully Biden does something about it help him
    If Putin is gambling that Biden will do nothing, he's in for a shock. This is an absolutely gilt-edged opportunity for Biden to show strength with pretty much nothing to lose. Awfully stupid to arrest Navalny, nothing to be gained from it.


Sign In or Register to comment.