Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

That would be brilliant, it’s like he's worried that the late night hosts are running out of material. Of all the hanger ons hes the one that has given the most comedy gold. That’s from a list that has Rudy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

From late yesterday, Colorado's election officials have ordered a recount of the results in it's 3rd district between Lauren Boebert [incumbent and leader in the numbers to date with Adam Frisch as the vote result is close, 0.5% between the candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He won't get far I reckon.

Tbh Rhonda clearly isn't that good either, this is a lass who changed her name for Trump ffs.

The third person running is the bloke who came somewhat close to been NY Republican mayor and due to him they did well in the house races which played a big role in them winning the house. He strikes me as someone who might know what he is doing, Ronna and obviously Mike not so much.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Highly doubt there'll be any meaningful change. Might find a handful of votes that either get removed of switched , probably a bit of both but extremely unlikely that they find the 500/600 votes for Frisch to take the lead.

Recounts just never find a huge amount of errors.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Not a surprise to anyone following the betting and polling but Warnock will win relatively comfortably to ensure a Dem Majority in 2022.

Walker was doomed once Kemp could not carry him over the line a few weeks ago.

Interesting to see the fallout in Trump world, he stayed away this time, whether that was his call or Walkers, its alarming because its proof it was needed he is going to struggle immensely in states like this which he needs to win in 2024. I don't think Walker leaned into the "stolen election" rubbish as much as others so maybe Tump can say "he wasn't maga enough" but nonetheless Walker was a weak candidate who had the Trump stench on him. Double whammy.

Regarding the senate, arguably the only close race the GOP won was Wisconsin , Vance and Budd were okay on the night but solid red states so nothing to get to exited about. Arizona, Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania and to a lesser extent New Hampshire were blown by picking Trumpy candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Being ultra MAGA didn't work either, as we've seen in the Governors races. I think the Republican Party is in big trouble for 2024 if they don't manage to ditch Trump and start talking about issues that voters actually care about. Even with the economy over there not doing too well and inflation being very high, voters rejected Trump candidates all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I do think that the tide is turning. Trump announced his run, what a month ago, and nothing since. It was clear that he was announcing despite what the party wanted and was doing so despite the mid-term results. And the response has been pretty muted.

To me, it just signals that he doesn't have the impact that he previously did. Of course the MAGAs will support him no matter what, but they are not big enough to get him back into the WH.

I just don't see a path for Trump from here and there are plenty of roadbumps coming up, not least the Jan 6th report. The Dems holding the senate, and losing many of the governor races they needed to push through the vote control in tight races, is also the complete opposite of the plan they had been working on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

As always it comes down to the Primaries and he still holds real power in that space.

All of his awful candidates sailed through their Primaries because the MAGA base has control there.

They are beyond toxic outside that very specific base , but as long as they(and he) can control who actually gets to move forward to actual candidacy he will retain a huge hold over the GOP.

As long as the MAGAs stick with Trump , the GOP are screwed.

This debate thread about Trump & the US presidency has been going on for some years now and I think its the first time that some-one from his legal team has apparently [if one has to believe in media reports] taken a step to protect themselves as well as their client in reporting that the team has found classified documents on a premises used by Trump and his larger team after he left the Presidency. The inclusion of the larger team amongst the users of the premises extends the image of culpability to its members. That's a brave step on the face of it, if the status of the documents is confirmed, and should presumably have been authorised by the lawyer in command of the legal team, whatever about the client having the last word on the move. The "throw him/her under the bus" game may not be finished yet for the larger team.

There's a however to the report: its important that the documents be classified federal Govt documents and not some paperwork publicized by the lawyer in an attempt to muddy the Special Prosecutors waters after his appointment and the Appeals Court decision on the legal viability of the special master.

Whether classified or not, it all shows just how little care Trump has for the POTUS or for America. He couldn't care less about security, be it the country or those working for it. You can be certain that Trump either doesn't know what the document is about or he doesn't care.

POTUS, as any world leader, is a serious responsibility. One can forgive, or at least accept, that some people like Truss get the job and are uniquely unqualified for it. But no matter what their politics or ability, they should treat the office with the respect it deserves and treat it with care and responsibility as they hold people's lives, and futures in their very hands.

Trump displays a callous disregard for the office and the responsibility it holds. It was and still is, entirely about him. What he wants or needs is always first in line. How anybody can still believe that he is fit to be a leader is simply beyond me.

• Advertisement

I was left wondering if the "believers" believed or if they are getting ahead with their careers or aims on his coat-tails. It's fairly obvious now that any of the senior GOP members who still adore him publicly are doing so because they fear the great unwashed who do believe in and fund him. The other senior GOP are washing their hands of him now hoping the unwashed will still fund the GOP when Trump suffers the fate of Senator Joe McCarthy.

His statement on what he thinks should happen the US constitution, scrap it [SIC; AS ITS IN MY WAY:] so I can be elected is an instance of his thought-processes. If that is not a clear statement of his intent towards the US, nothing can be. The unwashed in the GOP at all levels took him into their bosoms and its they who are most to blame for letting him steer the US for 4 years. Take the TV screens away from them so they can get some sense back into their brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It's funny to hear the deafening silence from all the 2nd amendment heroes and other faux constitution gatekeepers with regards to Trump's statement. Not a bloody word from them.

Yeah, genuinely nauseating. The constitution is sacrosanct, so much so that dying kids aren't enough for them to think of changing it.

But Donny Boy loses an election and sure it's only right to throw it in the bin.

I do think that that tweet crossed a line for many people/. You can lie and cheat, blag your way and insult everyone and anyone, but don't j0ke about the constitution.

Probably because its the only safeguard for the presidency, setting limitations on whom in the US can run for the presidency. Trump would probably deny that he meant to harm the office while conjuring up the same as his actual policy for the future. He did think he had the judges in his pocket as his team was on the USSC. Others in the GOP will have to accept Trump means what he says, DeSantis has done so.

According to one media source, Georgia GOP are blaming state voting restrictions brought in after the 2021 run-off senate elections in the state for the failure of Walker to win this years run-off election to the US senate. Once more it seems that they have harmed their own party as they think the changes encouraged more democrat voters to come out and cast their ballots. There's no mention of Trump in the NYT article on the New Civil Rights Movement F/B page reporting on the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This man isn't buying Trumps nonsense about Paul Whelan

From 360 news. Story by Daniel Stewart: It seems from this that the portents are not good for Trump.

A U.S. federal judge has dismissed an appeal by former U.S. President Donald Trump to challenge the government's access to materials seized from his Mar-a-Lago mansion in Florida. Judge Aileen Cannon, a Trump appointee, has signed an order dismissing the case for lack of jurisdiction, ending the pending hearings and deadlines in the case.

This decision allows the Department of Justice full access to records and objects found among the documents marked as classified in the former president's properties. The judge's order comes four days after Trump refused to appeal a Superior Court ruling, which had canceled the appointment of a special expert to review the documents removed by the FIB, reports CNBC. With the rulings, the process could be cleared for investigators to more quickly review the thousands of documents that had previously been blocked from access.

In August, the FBI seized more than 100 allegedly classified documents at Mar-a-Lago. Subsequently, a team hired by Trump's lawyers found more records marked classified.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well it's nice to see Trump is trying the limits of gullability of his fans by releasing 45.000 NFTs at $99 each of him having his face photoshopped on an animation...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,150 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A spectacularly inept bit of photoshopping too, but I suppose that's inevitable. I wonder did the 'artist' get paid?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Seems somewhat inevitable Trump would get into NFTs. My only surprise is it took him this long to get aboard such an obvious, flagrant grift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

When window lickers are your target audience it’s a savvy move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭amandstu

Wow ,he didn't plumb new depths this time

Just more of the scummy same.

He has made it possible for others to lampoon him even farther than before with this publicity stunt, opening the door for alternative cartoon drawings, like Putin bare-chested on the horse. The possibilities are immense. If he hasn't copyrighted his image, anyone can cartoon him for profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is not even clear that he owns the copyright on the images he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They're shops of images scraped off the net, I think they might count as new artwork. The interesting thing I read was that there's a disclaimer saying that the NFTs are not political. He's altered the grift so the money can continue to flow directly to him and he doesn't land foul of those pesky campaign finance laws that didn't apply before he announced his run.

The claim is that he isn't involved directly at all and that he has just "licensed his image" to the NFT company doing this.

Which I'm sure is 100% what is happening , totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah, I saw it was listed to a company that operates out of a UPS shop in Utah, but the company isn't listed there. Seems unnecessarily convoluted for a simple business with nothing to hide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Appears that those NFTs have sold out, proving that when it comes to crypto and Trump there are more than enough fools ready to part with their cash for empty promises.

The grift continues, Trump making easy bank peddling his snake oil. I wonder will Trump hold up his end on the offers for dinner with purchasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,986 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Still can't believe that there was a bunch of saps that actually bought those things.

Fkn 'ell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm not surprised; I think it will go up in price due to speculation buying and selling in the first month (I'd guess peaks in the $300 - $500 range) or so and be dead (well below $99) in six months due to the low cost of entry.

Advertisement