Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump discussion Thread IX (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I watched a recorded "Meet The Press" interview of former V/P Pence on NBC and he was unrepentant where it came to supporting Trump. He did nothing but ignore the elephant in the room where it came to Trump and the Mar-A-Lago documents, going on about how the DOJ was so wrong in investigating Trumps possession of the documents. Pence totally ignored the question of Trump and the documents repeatedly.

When it came to the response of the Trump administration to Covid-19, Pence talked about how Dr Fauci was totally on the Admin team and understood that citizens all had the right to choose whether or not to take the vaccine but when the Biden Admin took over, Fauci changed on the issue of freedom of choice when the Admin decided that the vaccine was mandatory for the US Military and the medical people involved on the front line against the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭amandstu

Pence is a kind of Christian mystic looney and you have to examine his behaviour through that lens.

He seems to believe that made up nonsense .

We should just be grateful that he took his duty to the constitution seriously and that he is not in thrall to the cult of the Don.

And not to forget the apparent physical and mental fortitude he displayed in not abandoning his post when it was easier to leave the Capitol for a safer refuge.

It is painful to watch him.Were he not representative of so many others like him we would just avert our gaze away from the embarrassing spectacle he presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,681 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No one can be as embarrassing a spectacle as Trump do. Trump is truly the stupidest, most embarrassing and worst president the USA has ever had.

Someone said here that Trump could be funny. I disagree. The only way he is funny is in how stupid he is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Trump has limited comedic skills but these disappear when you see the shallowness of the water he is baby paddling in.

Obama does have good comedic skills and gave Trevah Noa a good run for his money on the show a few days ago

Actually I disagree about Trump being the worst,stupidest ,most embarrassing President ever.I think "human being" describes it better

• Registered Users Posts: 15,681 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Actually I disagree about Trump being the worst,stupidest ,most embarrassing President ever.I think "human being" describes it better

I agree totally.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/22/politics/supreme-court-clears-way-for-house-to-get-trumps-taxes/index.html

"Supreme Court clears way for House to get Trump’s taxes"

+ "It was not immediately clear when the committee will receive the documents"

I wonder what actually happens.Does Trump just wait for the new Republican House to disband the Committee?

Does that happen in the new year?

Do they try to get anything from him in return for disbanding the Committee?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Well - It's the IRS that has to share them , not Trump so he can't "delay" anything anymore having lost in the Supreme court , so you'd hope that they will turn them over pretty quickly.

I understand that they are still confidential but that some of the contents may be "leaked"

Watch this space....

Ref leaks, I'll wait to see how long it'll be before Lindsey Grahams testimony to the Georgia Grand Jury on 2020 election probe will be found sitting on the steps of WaPo, NYT or NYP.

In the meantime, the Appeal Court hearing the case about the appointment of the Special Master to oversee the matter of the classified documents found in Trumps Mar-A-Lago home interviewed the Trump lawyer handling the matter for Trump. It seems the three judges gave the lawyer some hard questioning on the matter and the need for a special master in the first place, indicating that except for the matter that Trump is a former president, they needed to hear what elevated his position to that above that of other citizens.

Allegedly this is what he thinks about the USSC decision: "Why would anyone be surprised that the Supreme Court has ruled against me?" the former president has questioned with irony through his profile on Truth Social, the social network that he himself promoted after being expelled from Twitter and where he now seems to have been readmitted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He appointed 3 of the Supreme Court justices himself. He must be fuming :D

IMO the latest damaging Mar-A-Lago episode can only be seen as something Trump had nothing to do with if people believe that he has no hand, act or part in choosing who his dinner guests are, that he never knew what type of personal character-baggage his guests had, that he never knew one of his invited guests would be accompanied by uninvited persons and that once more Trump did not know the persons in question, either the holocaust-denier or the other presidential hopeful. Gullibility has its limits.

It's the effect the presence of both dinner guests by personal invite of Trump at his home will have on his campaign funding that will tell the truth of his ability to continue to hijack the US political scene. If the NY Post and other media outlets has the guest-list as headline material for two or more days and Jewish funders of the GOP say it's the either he goes or their funding goes moment has arrived. If the Israeli Govt condemns Trump for daring to have two well-known anti-Jewish speakers as personal dinner guests, I can see the anti-defamation league in the US joining the other US Jewish group in condemning Trump for his choice of guests.

It seems Trump will not be joining with Herschel Walker in his Georgia run-off election campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The democrats in congress have trumps tax returns.

CNN is saying they are not expected to be made public yet......Yet?

I thought they were not supposed to be made public at all even if the House gets(as it has) access to them.

Of course leaking is another question.

I wonder how many people outside the House will have already seen them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

A retiring Democrat that will be leaving the House in a few weeks might accidentally leave some copies somewhere

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It won’t matter a damn. He’s so transparent at this point, no one will actually change their mind about him. His MAGA fanatics will deny there’s a problem, but no one else would vote for him anyway

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Trumps tax returns have no real value anyway. His businesses is under effective administration, he is under investigation for mishandling government documents, he is having dinner with anti-smites and white supremacists and he is still fighting the last election and led an attempted insurrection against the the country.

Whether he is as rich as he claimed is not in the least bit important at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It will also show who he's indebted to, and thus can be controlled by, it will also put to bed his claimed wealth

Agree completely, but it will at least harden those positions.

Any of those slightly more moderate GOP voters or right leaning independents that might think about holding their nose in 2024 will hopefully be reminded of the depths of his lies and corruption.

Equally any Democrat voter that is vacillating about whether Biden is quite the perfect fit for them will also be more energised to hold their nose to keep Trump and the GOP away from the WH.

No doubt, but the time for that to make a difference was before the 2016 election. Nothing in the tax returns is going to make a difference at this point. Everyone knows exactly who Trump is, they don't need tax returns, which will be too complicated for the vast amount of people to understand, to tell them who he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Actually if you do enough research you can get a decent view of his tax returns for the last twenty years. They make hilarious viewing. Make it up what you think they are you wouldn't be near. Let's just say based on my research any tax he did pay, he got back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

From what I can gather, Kanye was invited to it and Milo was able to get himself invited through people he knew and brought along Feuntes.

I do think Trump was clueless about Kanye's guests to be fair as both Milo and Feuntes outside the internet are not that well known.

From all accounts Milo and Kanye knew the meeting would leak and look bad for Trump with Feuntes their.

I think the three of them wanted to embarrass Trump get some spotlight and that's what happened.

Does Trump deserve a pass? Nope he was stupid enough to be set up like this and his pushback since the meeting was leaked has been really weak.

He hasn't had a great few weeks, the fallout since the midterms, lifeless announcement run, the attacks on Youngkin and RDS haven't connected and now this. Its early days obviously but his 2024 run really does feel like a revenge tour, that may be enough to get through a crowded primary, but winning a national election? Doubtful.

Yet again you want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt. From what you can gather? Gather from where? What sources are you using for this claim?

The man seemingly knows nothing, is unaware of anything and is a best-a-stooge wheeled out to anyone who wants to pop along.

This is nothing new I assume, so all the time he had the classified documents in Mar-A-Lago anybody could have rocked up.

How big a security risk is that? And how big a security risk is it having a ex-POTUS can sit down to dinner with anyone?

Of course, the whole "he didn't know them' falls flat since he has learnt who they were he hasn't even tried to disassociate himself, he has come out to disclaim Fuentues of Kanye, or state that had he known of their views he certainly wouldn't have met them.

One thing that amuses me is that, according to the MSNBC news item on the appeals court ruling dismissing the use of the special master appointed by Judge Cannon, that Trump did not any entitlement to a protection that other citizens would not have in court, is that in Florida, if Trump appealed the ruling, it would likely be heard there by a judge familiar with the issue. This would include Judge Cannon, according to the MSNBC item.

Trump has to be the most difficult high-profile security-risk client of the century for the federal and state authorities, that he is totally mindless on the issue. It should read as an indicator of his state of mind that people can invite themselves to his parties like they are open door events and he doesn't give a flying **** about it at a personal safety level.

Trump is the Master of the "Schrodinger" argument.

Mar-a-Lago is both the most secure place you can imagine and also really easy for uninvited guests to just wander in and end up having Thanksgiving dinner with the former President.

He is a "killer" businessman with a keen key for every little detail but also just a nice old man that signs whatever it put in front of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm not tbf, according to MSNBC Milo and Kanye wanted to humiliate him with having Feuntes show up as they knew it would be leaked.

Its a bit of a mess really, his people around him had opportunities to stop Feuntes joining the dinner but dropped the ball. Trump obviously compounded the shitshow with his very weak condemnation of the dinner.

As said earlier, its a reminder that the chap is so unprofessional, a reminder to Republicans if he wins the primary and presidency which he has a decent chance to the next few years will be Trump making so many errors like this and they will have to defend him all the time.

DeSantis and Haley may have their detractors in GOP circles but they will both run a tight ship which must be very tempting now.

• Advertisement

To cap, if that's possible, the GOP's problem list is Mike Lindell announcing that he is: SIC [probably/possibly]; going to run for the chair of the RNC. Ronna McDaniels, the present chair [original chosen one of Trump some years ago] has said she will run for the chair again.

Advertisement