Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

blenderbus wrote: »
    blenderbus wrote: »
    I am not receiving notifications on my registered device, and so am unable to login at all.
    - The device name is correct
    - Notifications are enabled
    - I have even logged into the device whilst attempting, but still don't receive any notifications.

I am thus locked out of my online (not app) account. I can still login via the app but that's not what I want/need.

Update/workaround:
    I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date).  It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.
    Even worse. Now It brings up a notification on my phone, and the first two times I swiped to accept it on my phone it claimed a timeout (this is less than 15 seconds after entering my details (id, dob, and partial passphrase) on my computer and being brought to the waiting for device page).

I finally got in on the third attempt.

Do you have any idea at all how infuriating this incredibly poor usability is?

I've ~8 accounts with BOI, and have just closed one that I had for more than twenty years. I am now close to looking at moving away completely.
    We're really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulty with 365 Blenderbus. We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer. We'll be sure to share this feedback with our development team. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

just got locked out of my account as it didn't like how I was logging in but I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Tried to phone (as website said I could call until 4pm on Sat). But first message told me to go back to old 365 login - when tried there it told me too many attempts then when I tried to phone it told me only available Mon- Friday. What on earth is going on?
    Hi Trishasaffron,

We're sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your account. Our team are available to help on 0818200362 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Rest assured one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Just tried again on 0818200362 but held for 15 mins without getting through - still locked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭dublin49

Hi All,

the time given to get to the swipe message is  very tight,If you delay for a second you miss it.Any chance of increasing it.

just got locked out of my account as it didn't like how I was logging in but I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Tried to phone (as website said I could call until 4pm on Sat). But first message told me to go back to old 365 login - when tried there it told me too many attempts then when I tried to phone it told me only available Mon- Friday. What on earth is going on?
    Hi Trishasaffron,

We're sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your account. Our team are available to help on 0818200362 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Rest assured one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Just tried again on 0818200362 but held for 15 mins without getting through - still locked out.
    We're sorry to hear you're experiencing less than desirable hold times. We are experiencing slightly higher call volumes at the moment leading to longer wait times. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks, Richard

dublin49 wrote: »
    Hi All,

the time given to get to the swipe message is  very tight,If you delay for a second you miss it.Any chance of increasing it.
    Hi Dublin49,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback on the app. We'll be sure to share this with our development team. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Some more feedback for your development team to make the web site a bit more user friendly: 

• When clicking login it take me to the user details page. The cursor is not automatically starting in the User ID field. I need to click in the field to start typing my 6 digit User ID. Please place the cursor automatically in the User ID field. 
    • Once I entered my 6 digit User ID, I need to click the field below to enter my DOB or 4 last digits of my phone. Please move the cursor automatically in the second field after 6 digits have been entered in the User ID field.
    • Then I need to click continue and I need to click again to place the cursor in the first PIN field. Please place the cursor automatically in the PIN field as well. 
    By doing the above you will have removed 3 clicks from this already tedious process. 
    • Then when I need to approve any transaction or when logging into the site, I need to swipe on my app on the phone, but after swiping the banking app now remains opened on my phone. The app should be auto closed, or the swipe should happen without opening the app. So for every time I need to swipe on my phone, I also need to close the app again afterwards. More clicks that are totally unnecessary.

Look at the Microsoft Authenticator app. When I need to approve a Microsoft login, I only have to click approve on a notification, it does not open the Authenticator app. This is less intrusive. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Poncke wrote: »
    Some more feedback for your development team to make the web site a bit more user friendly: 

• When clicking login it take me to the user details page. The cursor is not automatically starting in the Use ID field. I need to click in the field to start typing my 6 digit User ID. Please place the cursor automatically in the User ID field. 

• Once I entered my 6 digit User ID, I need to click the field below to enter my DOB of 4 last digits of my phone. Please move the cursor automatically in the second field after 6 digits have been entered in the User ID field.

• Then I need to click continue and I need to click again to place the cursor in the first PIN field. Please place the cursor automatically in the PIN field as well. 

[*]
    By doing the above you will have removed 3 clicks from this already tedious process. 
    • Then when I need to approve any transaction or when logging into the site, I need to swipe on my app on the phone, but after swiping the banking app now remains opened on my phone. The app should be auto closed, or the swipe should happen without opening the app. So for every time I need to swipe on my phone, I also need to close the app again afterwards. More clicks that are totally unnecessary.

[*]

Look at the Microsoft Authenticator app. When I need to approve a Microsoft login, I only have to click approve on a notification, it does not open the Authenticator app. This is less intrusive. 
    [*]
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to log in to Banking 365 via a web browser you would be required to provide your User ID, DOB and 3 digits of your 6 digit online banking pin, this would have been the same as before. 

An added security feature when logging in online would be to receive a push notification to your security device. This added feature is in line with PSD2 requirements and is designed to keep your information safe and to make online banking even more secure. 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here, please be assured that we will pass it along to the relevant department.  

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

• When clicking login it take me to the user details page. The cursor is not automatically starting in the Use ID field. I need to click in the field to start typing my 6 digit User ID. Please place the cursor automatically in the User ID field. 

• Once I entered my 6 digit User ID, I need to click the field below to enter my DOB of 4 last digits of my phone. Please move the cursor automatically in the second field after 6 digits have been entered in the User ID field.

[*]

[*]

[*]
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to log in to Banking 365 via a web browser you would be required to provide your User ID, DOB and 3 digits of your 6 digit online banking pin, this would have been the same as before. 

An added security feature when logging in online would be to receive a push notification to your security device. This added feature is in line with PSD2 requirements and is designed to keep your information safe and to make online banking even more secure. 

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here, please be assured that we will pass it along to the relevant department.  

Thanks, Eve 
    [*]
    NO its not the same. What is different is the poor quality design of the new web form means extra clicks because the cursor doesn't automatically move to the next field when the previous one is filled out.

Why not try it for yourself? 

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

(Good feedback)

Good suggestions, but if the site was being developed by someone other than a 2nd year CS student these basic things would have been fixed before release. 

Real bugfix:
    - Leave BOI
    - Be happy.

(Easier said than done, I still have my BOI accounts but not for much longer) 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭Tow

Poncke,

It is obvious they cannot even see the basic UX design flaws in their systems.  I have long given up reporting these and just concentrate on functionality issues.   I remember a previous 'revamp' of 365 there they had different date formats, number formats and justification on different screens.  All basic stuff showing no pride in the work, let alone how it slipped passed CQ and BOIs managers!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

[*]

Thanks, Eve 
    [*]
    I am not disputing that, I never said it was different, please just pass on my feedback to the relevant team.

"An added security feature when logging in online would be to receive a push notification to your security device. This added feature is in line with PSD2 requirements and is designed to keep your information safe and to make online banking even more secure. "

Yeah, I am not disputing that either, nor did I ask for it to be removed. 

Its like talking to a wall. 

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Thats me

ED E wrote: »

(Good feedback)

Good suggestions, but if the site was being developed by someone other than a 2nd year CS student these basic things would have been fixed before release. 

Real bugfix:
    - Leave BOI
    - Be happy.

(Easier said than done, I still have my BOI accounts but not for much longer) 

ED, your post does not make much sense.
    Running from one bank to another whenewer you have spotted a bug just impractical - novadays bugs are everywhere.
    Poncke's points are constructive because they could help bank to improve their service and all of us would benefit from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jc72

I think the new online app is much better then the old one I’ve never experienced any such problems.

Jc72 wrote: »
    I think the new online app is much better then the old one I’ve never experienced any such problems.
    I'll get in before the BoI reps and thank you for going to the effort of making an account here so your first post can be in praise of the new BoI app :D  

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Any news BOI on the physical devices to generate a code?

Hi there, thanks for you post here on Boards.ie. 

You can certainly order a Physical Security Key (PSK) online. If you log in to your Banking 365 through a web browser and once you've input your User ID and date of birth you should see the option to select PSK.

Once you select this option you'll be directed to an online form where you can order a PSK.

If you have any difficulties with this you can certainly contact our Mobile App Team on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you further. 

I hope this helps. If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with is here and one of my colleagues would be happy to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

You can certainly order a Physical Security Key (PSK) online. If you log in to your Banking 365 through a web browser and once you've input your User ID and date of birth you should see the option to select PSK.

Once you select this option you'll be directed to an online form where you can order a PSK.

If you have any difficulties with this you can certainly contact our Mobile App Team on 0818200362 and one of my colleagues will be happy to assist you further. 

I hope this helps. If you've any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with is here and one of my colleagues would be happy to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Nice idea but this particular customer is obviously too stupid to spot any link to an online form.

Edit> I've logged in three times now and no sign of anywhere to sign up for a PSK.

Are you sure your clever web team haven't put the link in the new App but forgotten about all the people that need the PSK and use the old site?

2nd Edit> Called the number and after waiting nearly 10 minutes in a queue got through and it was an easy process to order the PSK.

Thanks, Eve
    This was said before, is it correct this time, or am I going to go looking and find there isnt anything there still, if it is there, why havent we been informed before having to ask about it,

I'll confirm and refute accordingly myself,
    1. there is no where on the old 365 system to order a PSK
    2. If you ring up they have some now

1874 wrote: »

Thanks, Eve 
    This was said before, is it correct this time, or am I going to go looking and find there isnt anything there still, if it is there, why havent we been informed before having to ask about it,
    Just ring the number and they'll send one out to you.

1874 wrote: »

Thanks, Eve 
    Just ring the number and they'll send one out to you.
    I just did, I edited my post,
    when I rang they said they did have them and the person mentioned they ran out of them, so from that, I take it they are going through PSK devices, means to me that a lot of people want/need to use them as the new App system either didnt work (I couldnt get it working) or its user unfriendly?
    It was stated by BOI reps here before that the PSK devices were available, but when I rang up then, I was told that was not correct.
    Ones in the post for me now, so ringing up is the best way, as I could not locate anywhere in the old 365 system to order one, which I was also told by reps here that there was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Fergus Cassidy

Thanks, Eve 

There is a link with the wording: 'Don't have a smartphone or tablet?'.
    However the link is broken. Doesn't work.

There is a link with the wording: 'Don't have a smartphone or tablet?'.
    However the link is broken. Doesn't work.
    Where? I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie.

Can I ask if you already have a Digital Security Activated, such as the App on your phone? If you do, the option to order a Physical Security Key may not appear.

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie.

Can I ask if you already have a Digital Security Activated, such as the App on your phone? If you do, the option to order a Physical Security Key may not appear.

Thanks, Aisling
    Thats a really nice idea but I don't believe that the BoI system is that well designed? For example I hoped the msgs bugging me to update my mobile phone number after would go away when I updated it but they didn't (they have finally gone).

Anyway why would I ask for a PSK if I'd got it working on my mobile phone. As stated in another thread here, I have an old Android phone with the 5.1.1 OS that won't work with the new app. Pointless getting a new phone as I rarely use one because I have no mobile coverage at my home address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back in tough with us on Boards,ie.

In this case, if you do not have a DSK registered you will be able to request a PSK through an online form. This option will appear when you attempt to log into the desktop version of Banking 365. The PSK will then go to the address we hold on file for you within 10 working days.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

maybe posted already just got a text from "BOI" asking me to connect  to following website as there was an issue with my account 
    "http://www.365online.cc/" ;  I can see its a scam website - just FYI.

Note the message came from the same text number that other genuine BOI messages arrived on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

towbar wrote: »
    maybe posted already just got a text from "BOI" asking me to connect  to following website as there was an issue with my account 

Note the message came from the same text number that other genuine BOI messages arrived on.
    Anybody that has software, can mimic any phone number and send a text to you

towbar wrote: »

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention here. 

Please do not click the link in this text or provide any of your information. 

Just a reminder that Bank of Ireland would never contact you by phone/ text/ email looking for your account/ online/ card details. 

Thanks for staying vigilant, Eve 

PSK arrived in the post today :) So 5 days or so from ordering on the phone.

May update how I get on with it if anyone is interested.

Edit> So it works, relatively easy to set up and use. Still a bit of a long winded process to put in your 4 digit key to get a 6 digit code you have then to type into your browser. On the plus side once setup the web page tells you exactly what to do so no need to refer to any other instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Morgan The Moon

PSK arrived in the post today :) So 5 days or so from ordering on the phone.

May update how I get on with it if anyone is interested.

Edit> So it works, relatively easy to set up and use. Still a bit of a long winded process to put in your 4 digit key to get a 6 digit code you have then to type into your browser. On the plus side once setup the web page tells you exactly what to do so no need to refer to any other instructions.
    Hi, Can I ask you how was the Device delivered. Normal Post or DHL or Other?

Advertisement