Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bluezulu49

My elderly neighbour went to his Bank branch yesterday to try to cancel a direct debit.

He was directed to do it online. When he goes online he finds (as do I ) that his latest paper statement issued on 2nd March.

The last direct debit went out on 1st March. The transaction listing only goes back to 3rd March and so the creditor id and unique mandate reference relating to the direct debit are not accessible as this information is not printed on the paper statements.

This appears to be a new "feature" of the site. Can you please have the developers show a reasonable amount, say six months worth, of previous transactions? Thank you for your assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

bluezulu49 wrote: »
    My elderly neighbour went to his Bank branch yesterday to try to cancel a direct debit.

He was directed to do it online. When he goes online he finds (as do I ) that his latest paper statement issued on 2nd March.

The last direct debit went out on 1st March. The transaction listing only goes back to 3rd March and so the creditor id and unique mandate reference relating to the direct debit are not accessible as this information is not printed on the paper statements.

This appears to be a new "feature" of the site. Can you please have the developers show a reasonable amount, say six months worth, of previous transactions? Thank you for your assistance.
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be assured that transactions are available on customers accounts for 12 months. To view the transactions on the account please log into the account, select the account you wish to view and transactions. 

Here you can click on the + sign beside the transaction and cancel my mandate this will initiate the cancellation of the direct debit on the account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

bluezulu49 wrote: »

Disgusting that the BoI branch staff said to go away and do it online. If a customer goes to the branch then they should be helped there and then not fobbed off.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I concur with The Continental Op and JamesGrimshaw.....the site is slow and cumbersome.

I get what you say about security but this is madness. 

To logon via desktop takes an input of approx 24 clicks and numbers as well as pin number for my phone and swiping there.....the mobile app is just 3!!

Plus having to key in pin number and swipe on device for each transaction is not just annoying but, I agree with James, means you are more likely to make a mistake.   

I STILL can't sort by lodgments and I was promised a call back to explain what the issue is and this never happened...can someone please check this out and advise when will I be able to do this?

If you are trying to drive away business users, you are doing a great job.  The desktop version is only suitable to infrequent users.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

BOI - Can you please add a 'shopping basket' to the website. Where you can complete several transactions at once. Each individual transaction goes into the basket, and then you only authenticate once to submit all pending transactions from the shopping basket? 

Instead of having to authenticate 35 transactions, you only have to authenticate the shopping basket. 

Please feed that back to your developers. 

And please please place the cursor automatically in the text boxes, it reduces a transaction by at least 3 clicks. 

• Advertisement

Poncke wrote: »
    BOI - Can you please add a 'shopping basket' to the website. Where you can complete several transactions at once. Each individual transaction goes into the basket, and then you only authenticate once to submit all pending transactions from the shopping basket? 

Instead of having to authenticate 35 transactions, you only have to authenticate the shopping basket. 

And please please place the cursor automatically in the text boxes, it reduces a transaction by at least 3 clicks. 
    Now thats a good idea but I still don't see why once you have proved who you are that you need to repeat the process for any more transactions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Little A wrote: »
    I concur with The Continental Op and JamesGrimshaw.....the site is slow and cumbersome.

I get what you say about security but this is madness. 

To logon via desktop takes an input of approx 24 clicks and numbers as well as pin number for my phone and swiping there.....the mobile app is just 3!!

Plus having to key in pin number and swipe on device for each transaction is not just annoying but, I agree with James, means you are more likely to make a mistake.   

I STILL can't sort by lodgments and I was promised a call back to explain what the issue is and this never happened...can someone please check this out and advise when will I be able to do this?

If you are trying to drive away business users, you are doing a great job.  The desktop version is only suitable to infrequent users.
    Hi Little A,

Thanks for your feedback on this.

We're sorry to hear that you haven't heard back about your difficulty sorting by lodgements. Can we ask you to send us a PM with your name, branch and phone number? We can certainly check this further with the team.

Thanks,
    Richard

Poncke wrote: »

Hi Poncke, 

Thanks for sharing this idea.

As always we appreciate your feedback and will absolutely share your interest in these features to our development team. 

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Bank of Ireland: Richard F has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Richard F from the recipient list and send the message again.

I tried !

We're sorry to hear this.

Can we ask you to try send this to our Reps page?

Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭greasepalm

From post 178 yes rechecked my mobile phone settings and enabled and still getting the failed notification.Phone in hand app on it open and waiting for the swipe message.

Had to do it 5 times to get it to go through for 2 payments and just as well not in a hurry.

Please add more time to see if notification will be picked up as its too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Does anyone know how you add a second account? I've a current account but can't seem to work out how to add a business account. I added my details again under add account but it is saying I have to wait up to 5 days for this to be approved. Its very possible I have done the wrong thing but why the wait?

I just want to be able to access my two accounts on my phone and can't add a second one independently as it is saying I already have an account according to my email log-in.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Don't like the new setup at all. Why can't you just send an authorisation code via text message? Surely nothing could be simpler? How are those with no smart phone to manage?

larchill wrote: »
    Don't like the new setup at all. Why can't you just send an authorisation code via text message? Surely nothing could be simpler? How are those with no smart phone to manage?
    Also perfectly possible to make an automated voice message call with a code which also covers customers in living in an area with no mobile coverage.

greasepalm wrote: »
    From post 178 yes rechecked my mobile phone settings and enabled and still getting the failed notification.Phone in hand app on it open and waiting for the swipe message.

Had to do it 5 times to get it to go through for 2 payments and just as well not in a hurry.

Thanks for getting back to us on this. We're sorry to hear you're continuing to experience difficulty with this. Rest assured we'll certainly feed this back to the development team. Can we ask does it make a difference if you do not have the app open and wait for the push notification to come to your phone?

Thanks,
    Richard

Does anyone know how you add a second account? I've a current account but can't seem to work out how to add a business account. I added my details again under add account but it is saying I have to wait up to 5 days for this to be approved. Its very possible I have done the wrong thing but why the wait?

I just want to be able to access my two accounts on my phone and can't add a second one independently as it is saying I already have an account according to my email log-in.

Thanks in advance
    Hi Windmill100000,

Thanks for checking this with us. If you open the app, before you log in, there should be an option for "log in with another ID". This will allow you to add your second account on the same device. If you experience difficulty with adding this, it would be best to link in with our colleagues on 0818200362. A member of the team can certainly look into this further for you. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Larchill,

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback with us today.

For customers who don’t use a smartphone or tablet a Physical Security Key (PSK) will be provided. This is a small handheld device which can be registered on your profile as a security device. In the coming weeks PSK will be available to order via the 365 log in. You can find more information on how the PSK will work on the link here.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Larchill,

We really appreciate you sharing this feedback with us today.

For customers who don’t use a smartphone or tablet a Physical Security Key (PSK) will be provided. This is a small handheld device which can be registered on your profile as a security device. In the coming weeks PSK will be available to order via the 365 log in. You can find more information on how the PSK will work on the link here.

Thanks,
    Richard

But the point is that "an authorisation code via text message" would be easier for many customers. The PSK works but is a pain. 

Thanks for getting back to us on this. We're sorry to hear you're continuing to experience difficulty with this. Rest assured we'll certainly feed this back to the development team. Can we ask does it make a difference if you do not have the app open and wait for the push notification to come to your phone?

Thanks,
    Richard
    No tried it both ways with app open and closed and placing phone in different positions and waiting for tinkle to come.

Thanks for getting back to us The Continental Op & Greasepalm,

We'll certainly share this feedback with our development team. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Thanks,
    Richard
    No tried it both ways with app open and closed and placing phone in different positions and waiting for tinkle to come.
    The same thing happens to me, the 365 website is now useless as I get the notifications on my phone in the banking app some 4 hours later.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

I hate that I can't export monthly statements into Excel, as an accountant its making my job alot more difficult

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I hate that I can't export monthly statements into Excel, as an accountant its making my job alot more difficult
    Hi Ilovetorun,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear this. If you click into your account on 365 and scroll down to the bottom, there should be an option to export your recent transactions to an excel document. This would be every transaction from your last statement date. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Ilovetorun,

We're sorry to hear this. If you click into your account on 365 and scroll down to the bottom, there should be an option to export your recent transactions to an excel document. This would be every transaction from your last statement date. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard
    I just checked that out myself. As ilovetorun states you can't export monthly statements into Excel.

On the OLD SYSTEM you can still download statements into a CSV format which import perfectly int Excel - just tried it to check.

Therefore this is yet another instance of the new system being worse than the old one. 

Thanks for getting back to us on this. We appreciate your interest in this feature. We'll absolutely share this with our development team as feedback.

Have a good weekend,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

I just checked that out myself. As ilovetorun states you can't export monthly statements into Excel.

On the OLD SYSTEM you can still download statements into a CSV format which import perfectly int Excel - just tried it to check.

Therefore this is yet another instance of the new system being worse than the old one. 

Exactly, you can only export by pdf which is no good to me. The old system was much more user friendly.

Exactly, you can only export by pdf which is no good to me. The old system was much more user friendly.
    The old system still works till the end of the month if you have any that need doing - original.365online.com 

• Registered Users Posts: 28,078 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Why can I not use 365 on my laptop? I try to log in and do the logging in on the phone but as soon as I am logged in on the phone the laptop says 'log in failed'. 

I don't want to do banking on my phone, its slow and clunky. Only by poking at everything on the screen did i accidentally find the hidden 'log out' button. On the other hand all my financial details pop up large and clear as soon as I log in on the phone, rather unexpectedly giving out a load of information to anyone who can see the phone. Everything else is hidden or requires multiple clicks or pages and waiting for the dratted circle to go round.

@looksee
    Laptop or pc should not matter and if set up correctly will ask phone to confirm your actions by using the SWIPE button to confirm , i dont use phone for logging in as use a bigger screen for bad eyesight.

I would ask if you have got notification on mobile to let pc log in ??

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    Why can I not use 365 on my laptop? I try to log in and do the logging in on the phone but as soon as I am logged in on the phone the laptop says 'log in failed'. 

I don't want to do banking on my phone, its slow and clunky. Only by poking at everything on the screen did i accidentally find the hidden 'log out' button. On the other hand all my financial details pop up large and clear as soon as I log in on the phone, rather unexpectedly giving out a load of information to anyone who can see the phone. Everything else is hidden or requires multiple clicks or pages and waiting for the dratted circle to go round.

Hi There, 

You can use the browser on the laptop, the swipe notification will be sent to the device you have registered (smartphone or tablet) and once you swipe, go back to browser and it will automatically open for you. 

We would always ask customers, just to be mindful of their surroundings when logging in on App or site and ensure you are in a secure location. 

Inline with EU Regulations, it was necessary to make these changes to our online banking. These changes will further protect your banking online with us. 

If you need any help with logging in on laptop, our colleagues will be happy to help you on 0818200362. They are available weekdays 9am to 5pm and weekends it's 10am-4pm

Hoping the above helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement