Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 365 online website

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

What BOI should have done was install Revolut, take a look at what they did, and then do that. 

Still the push notifications don't work.  The site is dog slow, and all functionality that used to be there nice and handy has moved into difficult to find locations.  Nothing is simple anymore.  Also, extra push notifications (that don't come through) for transferring money between your own accounts, even though you've just verified yourself to log in.  Ridiculous amount of extra crap.  The site has become unusable, awful, and just not worth bothering with.

I guess this is what you get when you only spend €1.3bn on your IT systems upgrade.  As I've said before, I'd be asking for a refund on that. 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Tow

What BOI should have done was install Revolut, take a look at what they did, and then do that. 

Instead they want BPFI to produce 'yet another app' to copy Relate! But I can't help thinking BPFI after losing Laser just want something to show their importance.

The most annoying part of all this is the Irish Banks failure to implemented support for SEPA Instant Payments. Implement SEPA Instant and integrate it properly into their existing apps, there is no need for an extra 3rd party app.

Even the yanks are talking about SEPA Instant!

https://youtu.be/gatkf9YHvhQ

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I have been having a bad time with online banking.

I decided long ago, for security reasons, not to use telephone or WIFI options. Now I find that BOI is trying to coerce me to use a phone app. I don't like it. It seems that my phone agrees, because it twice failed to download the app.

I came here to find out more, and found out how to use the "original" version. Without that information, I might be locked out of my account. I don't expect that option to be available for long. I have requested that I be supplied with the alternative security system (whatever it is!).

I am offended by the effrontery of BOI in pushing its app. I use MyGov.ie, and their additional layer of security is to send me a text with a 6-digit code. That's only a minor irritation. Why is BOI's "solution" so cumbersome, and so user-unfriendly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I decided long ago, for security reasons, not to use telephone or WIFI options. Now I find that BOI is trying to coerce me to use a phone app. I don't like it. It seems that my phone agrees, because it twice failed to download the app.

I came here to find out more, and found out how to use the "original" version. Without that information, I might be locked out of my account. I don't expect that option to be available for long. I have requested that I be supplied with the alternative security system (whatever it is!).

I am offended by the effrontery of BOI in pushing its app. I use MyGov.ie, and their additional layer of security is to send me a text with a 6-digit code. That's only a minor irritation. Why is BOI's "solution" so cumbersome, and so user-unfriendly?
    Hi P. Breathnach,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the changes. To comply with European Payment regulations, we have made these changed to the website and mobile app. We have enhanced security which is called Strong Customer Authentication(SCA). 

If you do not have the mobile app or your device software is not compatible with the app, you can continue to use our original website through the link below to manage your account. 

https://original.365online.com 

In the coming weeks, you will need to order a physical security key(PSK) to access your online banking if you do not use the mobile app. This will be available to order through the website and we will notify customers closer to the time. For more information in relation to our PSK, please see the link below. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Hi,

Is the new online banking website down? I'm unable to log on. Just getting a blank screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

bocaman wrote: »
    Hi,

Is the new online banking website down? I'm unable to log on. Just getting a blank screen
    Me too.  You get the logo then it goes to a blank page for 
    https://www.365online.com/Digital/servletcontroller 

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Haha I just assumed the different interface was yet another fraud and closed it. You can still get to the old one using cookies.

bocaman wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi bocaman,

I have just checked this for you and our website is working as normal today. Could I ask you to go to bankofireland.com and select the log in option on the top right hand corner. You should have access from here.

I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

So 365online.com is gone?

Hi The Continental Op,

Thanks for your message here on Boards.ie.

The 365 Website is still live. Please see the new link below to the new up to date website. You can also access this through the Bank of Ireland website.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement

Hi P. Breathnach,

I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with the changes. To comply with European Payment regulations, we have made these changed to the website and mobile app. We have enhanced security which is called Strong Customer Authentication(SCA). 

If you do not have the mobile app or your device software is not compatible with the app, you can continue to use our original website through the link below to manage your account. 

https://original.365online.com 

In the coming weeks, you will need to order a physical security key(PSK) to access your online banking if you do not use the mobile app. This will be available to order through the website and we will notify customers closer to the time. For more information in relation to our PSK, please see the link below. 

https://www.bankofireland.com/physical-security-key/

I hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    The Link above for the old 365online banking won't work because the Talk To interface messes up some links when you post them.

Remove the &#160 and the link will work. 

Hi The Continental Op,

The 365 Website is still live. Please see the new link below to the new up to date website. You can also access this through the Bank of Ireland website.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    No that isn't 365online.com which is the link thousands of people have used in the past. Just typing 365online.com as a URL is what I have done for the last 15 years or so and no longer works.

365online.com has gone.

So it just got fixed :D

Just typing 365online.com now works to get to the new homepage. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Hi The Continental Op,

Many thanks,
    Megan
    No that isn't 365online.com which is the link thousands of people have used in the past. Just typing 365online.com as a URL is what I have done for the last 15 years or so and no longer works.

365online.com has gone.
    https://original.365online.com/online365/spring/authentication?execution=e1s1

try that

;bangkok, that wasn't the point of that particular post. For a while there 365online.com as a URL didn't link correctly and ended in a blank page.

You are answering the the issue of the link posted by BoI to the old site which fails. Your solution works. 

;bangkok, that wasn't the point of that particular post. For a while there 365online.com as a URL didn't link correctly and ended in a blank page.

You are answering the the issue of the link posted by BoI to the old site which fails. Your solution works. 
    yea the whole thing is a bit of a mess in fairness

Hi everyone,

Just to update you all, we've made a slight change to the layout on 365online.com. Once you select 'log in' you will see a message at the top of the screen- 'Don't have the mobile app?' and this will bring you to the original 365 site. 

I hope this information was helpful and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Many thanks,
    Megan

bangkok wrote: »

yea the whole thing is a bit of a mess in fairness
    Just there online on the Halifax building society website in the UK (Power of Attorney for a relative) a pleasure to use and if I need authentication then one of the methods they use is to call me in Ireland on a landline to a pre registered number with an automated call with a 6 digit number to enter. Just so easy compared to BoI. 

365online still doesnt work on google chrome?

bangkok wrote: »
    365online still doesnt work on google chrome?
    The old site was still working for me and I've been using Chrome for years, just checked CC balance there now - PC, Win10, Chrome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

just got locked out of my account as it didn't like how I was logging in but I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Tried to phone (as website said I could call until 4pm on Sat). But first message told me to go back to old 365 login - when tried there it told me too many attempts then when I tried to phone it told me only available Mon- Friday. What on earth is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

just got locked out of my account as it didn't like how I was logging in but I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Tried to phone (as website said I could call until 4pm on Sat). But first message told me to go back to old 365 login - when tried there it told me too many attempts then when I tried to phone it told me only available Mon- Friday. What on earth is going on?
    looks like a mess on their part

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Glenomra

A total mess that requires more than platitudes from a bank official on this site to solve. I am of a generation most of whom only tried online banking with trepidation. I signed up both our accounts, personal and business. And have been using online banking on the boi site reasonably successfully. Then yesterday I was locked out of both accounts despite doing everything as I did previously and had downloaded the phone app etc..Then a 2 hour wait for assistance to unlock one account. Now I can't enter the second account as it tells me that I have
    no a mobile app downloaded. But I have!!!!!! I simply can do anything further. More of this and I am gone from boi after 45 years custom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

This is why I won't switch to the new website, you cannot trust the app to function correctly. Which is fine if you're only using it to check balances etc. Not fine if it's locking you out all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

No one should be surprised, BOI integrated Google Pay in 2020, 5 years after its initial release September 2015. They are so far behind the curve, its not funny. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevinFrancis

[font=Arial, sans-serif]According to BOI "To comply with European regulations, you will need an extra form of identification when using online banking. This is called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). SCA links your smartphone to your online banking access. "
    I do not believe that you have achieved this.  What constitutes the added layer of security from my mobile?  Which I would certainly consider the more vulnerable of my devices that I use to access my banking.
    [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]From what I can see the only security on my phone is now the 3 required digits of my PIN.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The pin digits are between 0-9 so that's a [font=Arial, sans-serif]very limited number of permutations.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When I’m logged in on my phone I don't need a second device (as per the regulations quoted above), I can complete all transactions with a single device the way that I did before.  The major problem is that  the device is now my mobile and not my laptop which has much better security.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The App even gives me the option to stay logged in, in my on-line banking system! What kind of madness is that![/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]You have forced me into this and I am not happy about it at all.   Your mobile App is actually making my on-line banking a lot less secure so how do BOI plan on fixing this glaring error?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 15 blenderbus

blenderbus wrote: »
    I am not receiving notifications on my registered device, and so am unable to login at all.
    - The device name is correct
    - Notifications are enabled
    - I have even logged into the device whilst attempting, but still don't receive any notifications.

I am thus locked out of my online (not app) account. I can still login via the app but that's not what I want/need.

Update/workaround:
    I tried again and this time selected 'I don't have the app' (although I checked that the app was up to date).  It then reverted to the old login process so I was at least able to access my account.
    Even worse. Now It brings up a notification on my phone, and the first two times I swiped to accept it on my phone it claimed a timeout (this is less than 15 seconds after entering my details (id, dob, and partial passphrase) on my computer and being brought to the waiting for device page).

I finally got in on the third attempt.

Do you have any idea at all how infuriating this incredibly poor usability is?

I've ~8 accounts with BOI, and have just closed one that I had for more than twenty years. I am now close to looking at moving away completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Trishasaffron,

We're sorry to hear that you've been locked out of your account. Our team are available to help on 0818200362 Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm. Rest assured one of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Glenomra wrote: »
    A total mess that requires more than platitudes from a bank official  on this site to solve. I am of a generation  most of whom only tried online banking with trepidation.  I signed up both our accounts, personal and business. And have been using online banking on the boi  site reasonably successfully. Then yesterday I was locked out of both accounts despite doing everything as I did previously and had downloaded the phone app etc..Then a 2 hour wait for assistance to unlock one account. Now I  can't enter the second account as it tells me that I have
    no a mobile app downloaded. But I have!!!!!! I simply can do anything further.  More of this and I am gone from boi after 45 years custom
    We're sorry to hear this Glenomra,

If you link in with our colleagues on 0818200362, one of our colleagues will be happy to help with this. We really appreciate your feedback on this and will certainly share this with our development team.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

[font=Arial, sans-serif]According to BOI "To comply with European regulations, you will need an extra form of identification when using online banking. This is called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA). SCA links your smartphone to your online banking access. "
    I do not believe that you have achieved this.  What constitutes the added layer of security from my mobile?  Which I would certainly consider the more vulnerable of my devices that I use to access my banking.
    [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]From what I can see the only security on my phone is now the 3 required digits of my PIN.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The pin digits are between 0-9 so that's a [font=Arial, sans-serif]very limited number of permutations.[/font][/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]When I’m logged in on my phone I don't need a second device (as per the regulations quoted above), I can complete all transactions with a single device the way that I did before.  The major problem is that  the device is now my mobile and not my laptop which has much better security.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]The App even gives me the option to stay logged in, in my on-line banking system! What kind of madness is that![/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]You have forced me into this and I am not happy about it at all.   Your mobile App is actually making my on-line banking a lot less secure so how do BOI plan on fixing this glaring error?[/font]
    Hi KevinFrancis,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us. Before logging in on your mobile app, you would need to register the device you are using. This is done by an SMS. This along with your 6 digit pin would be the two factors of authentication. If you lose your mobile phone, you would need to get in touch with our lost and stolen team on ROI Freephone 1800946764. One of our colleagues will be happy to help with this.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement